• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

bionic77

They'll replay it. The crowd broke down the barriers during the parade and walked behind Ray Lewis as they funnelled into the stadium. Amazing.

I'm crying here, good thing my office has a door and my office mate is also a Ravens fan (I had him shipped from Baltimore).
Never heard of cross-country work release.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
For reference:

untitled-15j0ki2.gif

While Moss is lazy, there's a couple of things to keep in mind:

Not even Moss would exhibit a lack of effort during the Super Bowl. Why even come back to football after so long if you're going to be apathetic during the Super Bowl?

Also, you'd have to think that a veteran like Moss can recognize a catchable ball from an uncatchable one.

Sanjuro

While Moss is lazy, there's a couple of things to keep in mind:

Not even Moss would exhibit a lack of effort during the Super Bowl. Why even come back to football after so long if you're going to be apathetic during the Super Bowl?

Also, you'd have to think that a veteran like Moss can recognize a catchable ball from an uncatchable one.

Wrong.

Moss is completely oblivious to the outside world. He plays his game however he wishes. This example is poor, just because he had no chance.

harSon

Banned
Was watching local news last night, and it showed what I knew to be true all along. The fact that Kaepernick is a punk bitch.

"Fans" waited up to 8 hours to see their beloved shit franchise come home, and while other players waved at fans or stopped to sign autographs, Kaepernick kept his windows rolled up and ignored them all together while driving by. Class act if I've ever seen one.

squicken

They got outscored by a lot for a team with a +6 win differential. Pretty incredible season really. Reminds me of the Orioles 29-9 record in one run games.

Luck had 10 dropped INTs. Easiest schedule in the league. Absurd record in close games

About the only thing to point to is that they can't be any worse on defense next year, and the offense has a lot of young players that should get better. More cap flexibility with Peyton dead money down and Freeney gone. Still think they can win the division and 10 games

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Neil would never make a throw that bad.

Reed has to slow down and adjust to the ball.

Good old Neil hits the DBacks in stride or right between the numbers.

How long do you think it took for Neil to go through all those hookers, cash, and coke that Jerry gave him to throw the game?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Luck had 10 dropped INTs. Easiest schedule in the league. Absurd record in close games

About the only thing to point to is that they can't be any worse on defense next year, and the offense has a lot of young players that should get better. More cap flexibility with Peyton dead money down and Freeney gone. Still think they can win the division and 10 games

No Bruce Arians = 8 less wins!

harSon

Banned
Neil would never make a throw that bad.

Reed has to slow down and adjust to the ball.

Good old Neil hits the DBacks in stride or right between the numbers.

It's true!

Him being the most accurate passer in football wasn't an undeserved title. Even his interceptions are a thing of beauty.

Was watching local news last night, and it showed what I knew to be true all along. The fact that Kaepernick is a punk bitch.

"Fans" waited up to 8 hours to see their beloved shit franchise come home, and while other players waved at fans or stopped to sign autographs, Kaepernick kept his windows rolled up and ignored them all together while driving by. Class act if I've ever seen one.

I might be the only one, but I love when you post. Except when your shit talking the Ravens.

jakncoke

Banned
Acts like what? No one could have made that play.

Wes Welker has the most catches in history over a five year span. He doesn't deserve to be in a conversation with Moss and neither does Ward.

Look at my face.. stare at it for a few seconds. Look at me not give any fucks!

bionic77

How long do you think it took for Neil to go through all those hookers, cash, and coke that Jerry gave him to throw the game?
Neil was half of the man that Brent was so it took him half as long to go through the mountain of hookers, cash and cocaine.

bionic77

Brent never did cocaine.

Only painkillers.

There was probably hookers and cash though.
The guy never missed a game until he he was like 50.

I was just being nice and saying cocaine instead of what he was really injecting into his ass and soul. HGH, steroids, and rhino horn extract (that is what the OGs used before deer antler spray).

That's a bastard child for ya.

WedgeX

Banned
The Lions have begun the purge with Stephen Petermen being the second player cut in as many days.

Detroit Free Press said:
By releasing Peterman, the Lions save about $3.2 million in cap space. A third-round pick by the Dallas Cowboys in 2004 who joined the Lions’ practice squad two years later, Peterman was due a $500,000 roster bonus on the second day of the league year.

From PFF
, who ranked the Lions offensive line 7th for the regular season for their pass blocking...

ProFootballFocus said:
Stud: That was the best we’ve seen Gosder Cherilus (+26.3) look, but, like the line in general, a lot of that came courtesy of not giving up much in pass protection, as opposed to mauling guys in the run game.

Dud: The run blocking from Stephen Peterman (-8.4) was as good as anyone on the team, but it’s inexcusable for a guard in that passing attack to get beat for 45 quarterback disruptions.

Summary: They work well with their quarterback to ensure he’s largely given enough time to make plays in the pocket. They don’t work quite so well with their running backs. They’re far from terrible, and got a boost when Riley Reiff was in on the play, but, with the guys they have behind them, they need to do more.

Bowser

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
On @nflnetwork, Kaepernick explains last play call. #Ravens came out in cover zero. They didn't have a play call for it. He audibled to fade.

lolololol, you didn't think to call the timeout you had in that case? On the biggest play of the entire season, potentially your career? Wow.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
lolololol, you didn't think to call the timeout you had in that case? On the biggest play of the entire season, potentially your career? Wow.

I honestly don't remember, does Harbaugh let Kaep call timeouts? I'm guessing if he can audible, he can call a timeout.

No Bruce Arians = 8 less wins!
We'll be happy to stack on those 8 Arians wins this season :D
Do people that go into threads bragging they didn't watch the Super Bowl think it'll add inches to their 4 inch dick?
So many people go out of their way to make FB posts about it too. What really grinds my gears are people that make the most stupid and arbitrary comments on a daily basis are the ones that love to bitch about having to read posts about sports. Because we all know what color you painted your nails today or what show you're watching this very second is so much more interesting.

U2NUMB

Not sure how legit these are but I know the Vikings are changing their logo and uniforms next year.. very interesting concept. I like the silver one.. also notice the horns curve all the way back facing front on the top.

1358056892VikingsHelmetSilver1.jpg

ScreenShot2013-01-28at81218PM_zps33dae751.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's like people patting themselves on the back for "quitting" Facebook.

haha everytime a facebook thread comes up I purposely go read it to laugh at people on this site.

Everyone who quits Facebook always comes back. The only people who stay gone are the ones who were incredibly apathetic in the first place.

Also, do Americans go into soccer threads and brag about not watching whatever soccer championship is happening? I feel like some people in other countries really view Americans as being "arrogant" for not loving soccer as much as football. And I like the World Cup! I just couldn't care less the other 3 and a half years.

Top Bottom