• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

bionic77

lolololol, you didn't think to call the timeout you had in that case? On the biggest play of the entire season, potentially your career? Wow.
If he audibled to a slant and gunned it to Crabtree he walks in for the TD. A screen to Gore probably results in him running in untouched as well.

It was so obvious the Ravens were coming on that play too.

Sanjuro

Not sure how legit these are but I know the Vikings are changing their logo and uniforms next year.. very interesting concept. I like the silver one.. also notice the horns curve all the way back facing front on the top.

1358056892VikingsHelmetSilver1.jpg

ScreenShot2013-01-28at81218PM_zps33dae751.png

Looks like team cancer to me.

ramsramsramsramsrams

cajunator

Banned
Everyone who quits Facebook always comes back. The only people who stay gone are the ones who were incredibly apathetic in the first place.

Also, do Americans go into soccer threads and brag about not watching whatever soccer championship is happening? I feel like some people in other countries really view Americans as being "arrogant" for not loving soccer as much as football. And I like the World Cup! I just couldn't care less the other 3 and a half years.

They do.
They think we are just backwards using out imperial systems of measure and Fahrenheit instead of celsius, amongst other things that we silly americans love to do every day. But countries are just different. Would it be interesting if we all liked and did the same things?
the world being fully homogenous is not necessarily a good thing. Once everything is standardized, nothing stands out anymore. "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down".

Those helmets are fucking terrible. Vikings always had one of my favorite helments because the were made to look like a viking. You bring those horns to the front, it's dumb.

Also, how about some purple?

Sanjuro

Those helmets are fucking terrible. Vikings always had one of my favorite helments because the were made to look like a viking. You bring those horns to the front, it's dumb.

Also, how about some purple?

Everyone in the league should have diluted gold uniforms. Bold and bright colors are for sissies, clearly.

U2NUMB

My guess is they are leaked concepts but in the end its far too much of a departure to change. Vikes have had the same basic design since the beginning so I highly doubt these would happen.

There are also rumors that their entire uniforms are going back to 70's - 80's designs so we shall see.

cajunator

Banned
Everyone in the league should have diluted gold uniforms. Bold and bright colors are for sissies, clearly.

Black and gold fits a Louisiana team very well though with all the oil industry. Also the 49ers with the gold rush. Other than that, I would agree that bright colors are fun and interesting.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Everyone who quits Facebook always comes back. The only people who stay gone are the ones who were incredibly apathetic in the first place.

Also, do Americans go into soccer threads and brag about not watching whatever soccer championship is happening? I feel like some people in other countries really view Americans as being "arrogant" for not loving soccer as much as football. And I like the World Cup! I just couldn't care less the other 3 and a half years.

So true. I just feel some people "quit" Facebook so they can be different and "shock" everyone. Once they realize no one cares and the world moves on they come back.

Nori Chan

Also was there an FMT post at in the super bowl thread or this one?

Would like to see how he came out of this. Link if possible too pls

Wes

venison crêpe
Best soccer news, ever. Of course, that doesn't take much.

Haha this is fantastic news! Seeing some of your previous posts it sounds like he's horrible at commentating soccer at the moment but his enthusiasm is top notch and they're obviously giving him a lot of time to get used to the role. Just ease him in behind the already established heads and he'll be fine.

Also was there an FMT post at in the super bowl thread or this one?

Would like to see how he came out of this. Link if possible too pls

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47276964&postcount=10180

LETS GO BASEBALL!

but in all seriousness this sucks. felt like we had some bad calls against us but that's how it goes. i don't expect to get that penalty call on crabtree but then its not fair to give the ravens a call on far less of a "hold" the drive before. but still, just an awful set of play calls from the 5. why would you cut the field in half with kap? don't make no sense! i'm glad we didn't get blown out and i'm glad we didn't lose on an akers missed fg! next year we'll win the superbowl since i see the pattern here: harbaughs first year lose NFC title game. second year get to the superbowl but lose. third year get to the superbowl and win!

now if you'll excuse me, in the immortal words of mike patton, I'm a swingin' guy, throw a belt over the shower curtain rod and swing... toss me inside a hefty and put me in the ground!

p.s.

congrats blarry. although i wish nothing but the worst for the ravens in this game i hope you can talk shit to your neighbor who vandalized your house! pm me my avatar.... when it's ready!

good night sweet prince harbaugh avatar. see you in september!

Was watching local news last night, and it showed what I knew to be true all along. The fact that Kaepernick is a punk bitch.

"Fans" waited up to 8 hours to see their beloved shit franchise come home, and while other players waved at fans or stopped to sign autographs, Kaepernick kept his windows rolled up and ignored them all together while driving by. Class act if I've ever seen one.

This shit is so stupid. Who gives a fuck if he didn't wave or sign autographs. He just lost the biggest game of his career. Why is he expected to be happy? or pretend to be happy to appease some strangers?

eznark

Banned
Not sure how legit these are but I know the Vikings are changing their logo and uniforms next year.. very interesting concept. I like the silver one.. also notice the horns curve all the way back facing front on the top.

Looks like sperm fertilizing an egg

Dragon

Banned
We will talk about sports as soon as your company does.

Until then we are just following in their footsteps and it is all Lebron, Tammy and Tebow all the time.

Regurgitating the same things over and over again huh? Sounds like a bionic post to me! :)

Vanden Bosch done in Detroit as the purging continues:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/kyle-vanden-bosch-is-done-in-detroit/

Mike Garafolo of USA Today reports that the team has informed defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch that he will be released. The news comes on the heels of word that guard Stephen Peterman got the same message and a day after the team washed its hands of the headaches provided by wide receiver Titus Young.

Vanden Bosch’s departure was expected. He was set to count for $10.7 million against the cap in 2013, far too much for a player who produced just 3.5 sacks during the 2012 season. Vanden Bosch signed a four-year deal with the Lions in 2010 and produced 12 sacks over his first two seasons with the team before his production slipped this season.

-----------------------------------------------------

Saints have two folks in mind to run their 3-4 defense:

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt

I'm hearing Rob Ryan and Romeo Crennel are @Saints top DC choices to run 3-4.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Uhh. That looks shitty leave it how it is.

Fantomex

Vikings colors are purple and yellow. Anything is an improvement.

cajunator

Banned
Vikings colors are purple and yellow. Anything is an improvement.

Nah. The purple and gold works for the Vikings (and LSU). Let it be.
No point in changing it. Just about every team has set colors that shouldnt be fucked with. Maybe tweak the uniforms but leave the colors as is.

Top Bottom