• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Colasante

Raiders have like 1 linebacker worth a damn now.

I feel pretty bad for Raiders fans these days. As soon as a player does anything of worth in Oakland, they have to get the hell out of there because the cap situation is such shit. Then again they're probably going to get Clowney next year, so eventually it'll get better.

soapoaga signs with the eagles. on one hand it sucks to see him go because he is a pretty good NT, on the other hand he played about 30% of our snaps last year because he leaves the field on passing downs. pointless to pay him. i hope he does well for the eagles as long as it doesn't hurt the niners!

squicken

but $10 mil per year doesn't mean much unless we know what the guaranteed money is

I assumed it was guaranteed average, but you never know. Harvin's deal only has a 1 year skill guarantee. If he is a screw up for some reason this year, they can cut him and only have to deal with dead money on signing bonus (and loss of picks)

Maybe Pack just offered Jennings a one year skill guarantee

Jesus, beast mode initiated?

Sammie Hill is a solid DT who was unfortunate enough to be coached by Gunther Cunningham and behind 2 1st round picks as well as a slid starter in Corey Williams. He'll be good for Tennessee, assuming Gunther isn't finding his way there

Bush, Quin, and Jason Jones are all visiting.

My guess is that Mayhew blows this offseason yet again and is inexplicably rewarded with another contract extension.

Now you're talking Lions football. But really, I would be super thrilled with Quin coming in and Delmas walking. SUPER THRILLED. And Jason Jones seems like a productive enough guy

Striker

Canty deal is nearly identical to Cullen Jenkins. 3 years, 8 million. 2.8 million gauranteed.

lol we just swapped guys out.
They needed to get out of that contract, and I'm sure Reese felt he wasn't performing that well even when he played in 2012.

Jenkins is on a nice deal and hopefully they don't have to play Joseph so many snaps to where he wears down so easily. I still expect them to draft a tackle within the first four rounds.

Just caught up on thread. Ha, you all got trolled on the Jags/Revis trade by fake La Cantora twitter only a page after someone posted La Canfora asking Twitter to remove it.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Sammie Hill is a solid DT who was unfortunate enough to be coached by Gunther Cunningham and behind 2 1st round picks as well as a slid starter in Corey Williams. He'll be good for Tennessee, assuming Gunther isn't finding his way there.

Yeah, it sounds like he'll be a great piece in rotation. I think I'm just more surprised the Titans aren't being their normal, water treading self. Even when Amendola doesn't come here, having us be in the running and rumors for even more solid people is such a good feeling.

Damn, you give me Warmack at 10 and even I'll bite the Michael Griffin bullet.

Striker

Sounds as if Hixon is deciding between two teams, one being the Lions. Tom Rock noted the Giants aren't bringing him back. Always have liked him, so I wish him well.

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox3182
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers -
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints -
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings -
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle -
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

MECH. WINK WINK

WedgeX

Banned
Sounds as if Hixon is deciding between two teams, one being the Lions. Tom Rock noted the Giants aren't bringing him back. Always have liked him, so I wish him well.

It'd be great to have Hixon on returns for the Lions. Not to mention receiving on occasion. Always seemed like a decent guy. Although two torn acl's and a concussion are scary.

squicken

D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@AJCFalcons
Misread a text: Grimes has not reached a one year deal with the #Falcons

okay Talon wins. ATL media is most incompetent. It's almost like the STL media knew, b/c the Rams lone beat writer RT'd that

Striker

It'd be great to have Hixon on returns for the Lions. Not to mention receiving on occasion. Always seemed like a decent guy. Although two torn acl's and a concussion are scary.
He had 500+ rec. yards this past year and made some tough grabs (one I remember well against the Niners). He has not been used much on KR but can do it well also. Reliable on punts because he hardly coughs it up or does something stupid.

Giants seemingly should be looking at guys like Josh Cribbs or Leon Washington to take over some type of return duty, but I've seen little of that lately. I can't imagine David Wilson is returning to the KR spot as he'll likely be the starting HB.

Top Bottom