• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

eznark

Banned
Woodson can still play when healthy. You're just likely to get Bob Sandersesque games played totals from him at this stage of his career.

No, not really. Way too slow to be that roving third safety hybrid player now. Just a total liability in coverage. So I guess if you literally just bring him in to blitz he might have value.

No, not really. Way too slow to be that roving third safety hybrid player now.
He can't be a hybrid cornerback, or for that matter anything involving the word "cornerback", but he can play strong safety. He still excels around the LOS.

But, again, durability.

eznark

Banned
He can't be a hybrid cornerback, or for that matter anything involving the word "cornerback", but he can play strong safety. He still excels around the LOS.

But, again, durability.

Yeah, I just don't think he will accept slightly above vet minimum which is really all you could pay a guy with such a limited role.

Wes

venison crêpe
A Defensive Tackle? I had the impression we were kind of set there. I wonder if this is just to add even better rotation value or if the rumours are true and they may try and trade Rubin for a pick.

Since everyone is here;

If you have SimCity add me on Origin. My ID is Bidoofaloof

Mine is Wesgb

Anyone else check out Warren Sapp drop the two F-bombs on an open mic on NFLN?:jnc

He was apparently bitching that Scott Pioli was doing the same "fucking segment" that Lombardi used to do. The "Belichik fucking angle".

Sapp was bemoaning the network rehashing an old segment that used to feature Michael Lombardi, but now has Scott Pioli talking about New England's draft picks ... which is basically the umpteenth telling of the Patriots dynasty.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/12/4096520/warren-sapp-bill-belichick-hot-mic

EDIT: Bryant deal:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Five years, $34 million with $15 million guaranteed for Desmond Bryant with Cleveland.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
All by yourself? It was a collaborative effort you twat!

LOL--I was joking because you guys didn't include me! I want in! And yes, we all got that one 100% right last year.

Maybe we should apply for the GM job once Mayhew is inevitably canned.

Kacar

Never have heard much about Desmond Bryant, but the Browns and the NFL twitterverse seem to think pretty highly of him and the signing.

Then a quick google search gave me this

6ecbe474-0d57-4de2-a287-40dfa53ae95d_zpsde5f2aff.jpg

Did not realize it was this guy lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Any way you can make that mug shot any bigger? There's still some space on my screen that it isn't taking up.

Lions are currently working with Chris Houston on a 3-year contract. This would be a good re-signing.

Colasante

Most impressive new regime this offseason has been the Jaguars. It's easy to throw money at players, but it takes a lot of confidence to decide you're going to be a draft and develop franchise and stick to it.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox3182
10. Titans -
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers -
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints -
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings -
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle -
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

MECH. WINK WINK

Titans rep checking in. I'm there.

WAR WAR WAR! lol

I was at the game when Bryant had to go to the hospital with a heart issue. Guess the Browns know what they're doing tho.

Also Dolphins overpaid for Wheeler, he's a 2nd tier scrubb.

Good riddance to DHB and Huff.

jakncoke

Banned
I was at the game when Bryant had to go to the hospital with a heart issue. Guess the Browns know what they're doing tho.

Also Dolphins overpaid for Wheeler, he's a 2nd tier scrubb.

Good riddance to DHB and Huff.

Totally..

*posts every standard troll on the browns*

Mike Wallace, Dannell Ellerbe, and Phillip Wheeler in ONE day?!?!? Did the Dolphins get a new GM?

Has to get to the cap floor somehow :p

What happened? I died for a couple hours after the FA tailgate, only two signing so far?! Fail!!! We're phonys! Browns dream team dead!
Also F the dolphins!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What happened? I died for a couple hours after the FA tailgate, only two signing so far?! Fail!!! We're phonys! Browns dream team dead!
Also F the dolphins!

Blame the ripple effects. The new contracts have to be entered into the equations for the remaining free agents.

That's my guess anyway.

You got Kruger though and could get Lewis or others.

Blame the ripple effects. The new contracts have to be entered into the equations for the remaining free agents.

That's my guess anyway.
I'm just kidding, and it seems like we might not be in as hot pursuit of Lewis as people think.

Anyway
Roto:
Browns signed DL Desmond Bryant, formerly of the Raiders, to a five-year, $34 million contract.
We love it. The deal includes a whopping $15 million guaranteed. Bryant shows a relentless motor, can both rush the passer and stuff the run, possesses scheme versatility at 6-foot-6, 300 with athleticism, and played his college ball at Harvard. Cleveland's 3-4 front seven is coming together with Bryant and Ahtyba Rubin likely on the ends, Phil Taylor at nose tackle, and Paul Kruger and Jabaal Sheard as rush 'backers. The inside linebackers project to be D'Qwell Jackson and James-Michael Johnson. Looks good to us.
From profootballfocus...

PFF_Gary ‏ @ PFF_Gary
# browns fans have to be happy. Kruger and Bryant coming into Horton's 3-4 could potentially be scary. Lombardi doing well on his first day.
Still think we have some more LBs to sign

WedgeX

Banned
Any way you can make that mug shot any bigger? There's still some space on my screen that it isn't taking up.

Lions are currently working with Chris Houston on a 3-year contract. This would be a good re-signing.

You're back! And good news on Houston.

Vyer

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox3182
10. Titans -
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers -
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints -
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings -
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle -
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

MECH. WINK WINK

Glad to see you volunteer Mech! I had no idea last year.

Top Bottom