• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Zee-Row

Banned
I had myself on a media blackout can't stand the Ravens or the fucking 9ers, tune into First Take this morning the the first topic was Lebron i LOL the Ravens already being forgotten by ESPN...

ESPN sucks unless you're a Northeast fan , I just stick to NFL network and MLB network.

squicken

dumb8tu0h.jpg

JaxJag

Banned
Considering how open the Jaguars stadium is, if they make it too big, you'll just be able to sit outside the stadium and watch.

WTF, I turn on the radio on my drive home and they're talking about Flacco on the browns. They were citing comments florio made, and saying the ravens better handle this situation well before someone like Banner comes in and makes a great offer if they franchise him..........

Hahaha amazing

@the jags avatar kinda cartoony, but that second one on the shield is pretty cool. Now give me Tebow!

brentech

Recorded the honors show last night so I could watch some highlights.
Favre really busted a guy at the joke on Ponder doing nothing but watching and marveling at AP.

Didn't think it would happen this quickly but there you go:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Surprising move here, I think: Giants cut LB Michael Boley today.
That's nearly 5 million in cap savings alone. Jacquain Williams will slot right in as the starter.

Bowser

Didn't think it would happen this quickly but there you go:

That's nearly 5 million in cap savings alone. Jacquain Williams will slot right in as the starter.

Would you guys be interested in a very well rested, seldom used Jon Beason? You can have him for the low, low price of a conditional 4th round pick!! Wow, this is truly a bargain!

Fox318

He's clearly the best QB to play the game since John Elway

My hate list

1. Bill Belicheat
  2. Tom Baby
  3. Dan "The adulterer" Marino
  4. Bill Parcells
  5. John Elway
  6. Brian Schottenhiemer
  7. Vernon Gholston
  8. Tebow
  9. Wayne Hunter
  10. Big Ben
  11. Deion Branch
  12. Woody Johnson
  13. Steve Atwater
  14. Eli Manning

Sanjuro

My hate list

1. Bill Belicheat
  2. Tom Baby
  4. Bill Parcells
  5. John Elway
  6. Rex Ryan
  7. Vernon Gholston
  8. Tebow
  9. Wayne Hunter
  10. Big Ben
  11. Deion Branch
  12. Woody Johnson
  13. Steve Atwater
  14. Eli Manning

Fixed that list for you. I'm still amazed by Jet fan logic.

Would you guys be interested in a very well rested, seldom used Jon Beason? You can have him for the low, low price of a conditional 4th round pick!! Wow, this is truly a bargain!
Heh, not likely.;)

Boley was more often than not a liability as the season went on. He was started off strong in the first few games but then dealt with injury and was just soft was shit against the run. His big upside was his speed and ability to cover but that just disappeared as the season went on. We didn't sit him because his replacement was injured for a good long while. Once Williams was healthy, Boley saw his snap count dwindle (He only played like 20 of the 60+ snaps against the Eagles in the last game of the season).

I should add thought that he played well for us in 2010 and especially the 2011 season where his being healthy really helped bring the defense together for the Super Bowl run. He was a good player for us when it counted and a good signing considering he helped us win a ring.

bionic77

I had myself on a media blackout can't stand the Ravens or the fucking 9ers, tune into First Take this morning the the first topic was Lebron i LOL the Ravens already being forgotten by ESPN...
I think a lot of the hate people have towards Lebron is because of ESPN. I have never seen anyone with that much pre and post-manufactured hype around them. Not that he isn't great, but no one has ever received that much media scrutiny before while accomplishing so little. It all might be warranted in another 3 years if he is the first player in a 100 years to win 4 consecutive titles, but this is all just a little premature.

Also :lol @ Hoge rating Flacco no. 1. Another blatant attempt at BSPN to troll us. Sadly it continues to work. From cornballin negros to greatest qb of all time Flaccos, ESPN is pretty awesome at trolling for attention.

bionic77

My hate list

1. Bill Belicheat
  2. Tom Baby
  4. Bill Parcells
  5. John Elway
  6. Brian Schottenhiemer
  7. Vernon Gholston
  8. Tebow
  9. Wayne Hunter
  10. Big Ben
  11. Deion Branch
  12. Woody Johnson
  13. Steve Atwater
  14. Eli Manning
This is why God punishes you.

Fuck Rex Ryan and his whore wife. Not even those degenerates can stop Tebow from being the perfect man.

The Rams took Titus Young on waivers? LOL now that's desperation.

If we were that desperate for receivers I'd rather have TO. At least that way I'd know is career can only implode so much farther

squicken

If we were that desperate for receivers I'd rather have TO. At least that way I'd know is career can only implode so much farther

TO sucks though, and vested veterans make $1m guaranteed. Young makes $600k, is much better, and can be cut at any time

Titus D Young Sr ‏@TitusDYoungSr
Never needed the money Give me a dollar and a ball bet I come back #HallofFame

Sanjuro

This is why God punishes you.

Fuck Rex Ryan and his whore wife. Not even those degenerates can stop Tebow from being the perfect man.

...his...his wife is a whore. Wow. That with my second favorite quarterback, we're on the path to becoming best friends!

WedgeX

Banned

Not enough :jnc's. What are squicken's thoughts on acquiring a man with a permanent head swelling? edit: I see Squicken already replied!

Oh, and good news for EZ!

The Lions released Kyle Vanden Bosch.

mlive said:
With this move, Vanden Bosch is no longer responsible for his $7 million salary ($5 million base and $2 million roster bonus) in 2013. His salary cap number was $4.6 million in 2013.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Maybe it's because we haven't had a good quarterback since the 90s, but I would be very, very happy to have a QB that can play like Flacco did during the post season. Not sure why or how Jets fans are complaining. You guys haven't had a quality QB since.

Since.

....Namath? And he was just aight.

Sanjuro

Maybe it's because we haven't had a good quarterback since the 90s, but I would be very, very happy to have a QB that can play like Flacco did during the post season. Not sure why or how Jets fans are complaining. You guys haven't had a quality QB since.

Since.

Fitzpatrick would have been a good quarterback in the 90s.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Since.

Brent was their best ever.

Top Bottom