• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Damn that makes it even worse. What would be a honest assessment of his play in NE? Our safeties were terrible in coverage, looked lost, poor at tackling, and took the worst possible angles almost every play.

Again I am trusting Chip completely as of now. I like that all of the signings, minus Sopoaga who is 31, are for young guys who might have not maximized their potential yet. Maybe they can bloom under the new defense being constructed.

I wanted to describe him for you, but you already did it yourself.

He's not a guy that plays well in space, he's too slow for that and he will always be a second late for everything. He's a hard hitter, but sometimes goes for the big blow instead of the proper tackle and fuck up.

Put him one-on-one with a TE near the LOS and he will do a decent job, but that's it.

Dragon

Banned
Damn that makes it even worse. What would be a honest assessment of his play in NE? Our safeties were terrible in coverage, looked lost, poor at tackling, and took the worst possible angles almost every play.

Again I am trusting Chip completely as of now. I like that all of the signings, minus Sopoaga who is 31, are for young guys who might have not maximized their potential yet. Maybe they can bloom under the new defense being constructed.

Chung's actually decent at tackling so he'd be an asset in run defense, but he sucks covering anyone. And I mean anyone. He was relegated so far down the depth chart in his last year here.

Trust Chip, it's not a ton of money so whatever, I just find it insane that Chung got that much guaranteed money.

JABEE

Why would they apologize to Robert Kraft's family? Jesus Christ that guy has way too much power in the league. Cowering and groveling because Sapp said a story was played out? Pathetic.

The end times truly are coming when a cheating organization like the Patriots are referred to as a "classy organization." I guess it's hard to be considered "un-classy" by Warren Sapp.

Chung really can't cover anyone though.

I am not saying he will be good or not, just that he didnt get any real money. Even the guaranteed part is a roster bonus, so he has to make the team to see any money. Hopefully he will be healthy and he will be a decent starter/depth guy but who knows.

JABEE

I'm not too excited about Chung, but they still have time and cap space to improve at safety and corner. There are still guys available out there...I hope.

The end times truly are coming when a cheating organization like the Patriots are referred to as a "classy organization." I guess it's hard to be considered "un-classy" by Warren Sapp.
To be clear, Sapp didn't give that apology. One of the network hosts did. Sapp was the one bitching about Pioli regurgitating the same shit Lombardi did when he was on the network. (god now I'm going to bat for Warren Sapp *goes to the shower to wash off evil*)

WedgeX

Banned
I'm super ok with this. Best cover guy we have and a generally pretty solid corner. If one of the young guys, like Jonte Green and Bentely can develop into a starter, we could be in a pretty ok situation. Not desireable by any means, but still better than we have been. Can't forget about the Albion guy either, Greenwood. Coaching staff likes him alot, be he was on IR all year and its not like I take anything this coaching staff has to say with any value.

But I agree 100% with Plinko. The safety play on this team is utter garbage. Worst safety play in the NFL, far and away. Getting a guy like Glover Quin would be a great way to shore up alot of those problems. I really hope he lands in Detroit with the pretend cap space we have

Quin would be great. No safety currently on the roster even feels like a starter or regular rotation guy. Spievey prior to Javhid Best syndrome had promise, but I don't know if he ever improves dramatically.

Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86
There's a name on the CB board that I haven't seen many mention that will get interesting with # Browns, other teams. Stay tuned...

Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86
That CB goes by the name of Aqib Talib. I think we'll know more later today on him. Still TBD if # Browns are serious player for him

Dragon

Banned

Sorry I'm too busy laughing at the Chung signing to get upset!

effzee

I wanted to describe him for you, but you already did it yourself.

He's not a guy that plays well in space, he's too slow for that and he will always be a second late for everything. He's a hard hitter, but sometimes goes for the big blow instead of the proper tackle and fuck up.

Put him one-on-one with a TE near the LOS and he will do a decent job, but that's it.

Chung's actually decent at tackling so he'd be an asset in run defense, but he sucks covering anyone. And I mean anyone. He was relegated so far down the depth chart in his last year here.

Trust Chip, it's not a ton of money so whatever, I just find it insane that Chung got that much guaranteed money.

Damn it! Hopefully he is more of a role player (run downs) and plays of special teams. The money I am not concerned with because for him to see it he has to make the team like YH mentioned.

But we better be bringing in another guy or drafting the best S available early in the draft.

Also this just might be nothing but report up on Eagles official site that they had interest in Long but now that he is gone they are really looking at Sebastian!

Signing him to be the RT, Todd back at G, and Kelce and Peters coming back healthy would turn around the OLINE completely.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Oh and in case anyone missed it, NFLN opened up programming today groveling at the feet of the Patriots organization and Bill after Warren Sapp said what everyone was thinking anyways...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...app-curse-bill-belichick-nfl-network/1984063/

To be clear, Sapp didn't give that apology. One of the network hosts did. Sapp was the one bitching about Pioli regurgitating the same shit Lombardi did when he was on the network. (god now I'm going to bat for Warren Sapp *goes to the shower to wash off evil*)

You can almost hear the ball washing from the NFL Network.

We all went to bat for Warren Sapp...everyone is sick and tired of hearing about Tammy Brady winning "Supah Bowls" off of totally legit calls like the Tuck Rule.

effzee

Really curious where Nnamdi lands.

I personally just want to see him rebound. He stunk in Philly yes but the whole D was just so bad, I refuse to believe that every single guy they picked up could be so bad all together. Maybe it was a terrible fit but I just refuse to believe this guy was that overrated.

If the Jets trade Revis and they can get Nnamdi for real cheap I could see him going there. Rex Ryan for all the moronic things he does could probably bring him back up. Then again they are probably just tearing things down to become young.

Talon

Having Mike Tanenbaum on NFL networking providing "expert analysis" is like having a 5th grader provide "expert analysis" of the Civil War.

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox3182
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings -
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle -
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

Having Mike Tanenbaum on NFL networking providing "expert analysis" is like having a 5th grader provide "expert analysis" of the Civil War.
It's funny because they were talking about thinking ahead on cap situations and and Tanenbaum was just sitting in the background

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏ @ AKinkhabwala
Called Keenan Lewis' agent. He said, "I'm on with a team, I have to call you back." But which team?!

Rules for NFL Mock Draft 2013 (If i'm forgetting anything or you have questions, feel free to point them out.):

Fans of the team pick for their own team. If we don't get enough of those, then we pick other people to fill the slots.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Collaboration is encouraged. We're trying for an open dialog this year so debating in the thread is encouraged, however if your team is the secretive type feel free to take it to PMs.

Draxal

Anthony Davis and Ray Rice are at Rutgers pro day. Have to love them.

Jamison ran a 4.64 and a 4.6 which is to slow for someone his size, his stock's going to drop.

Greene ran a 4.63.

squicken

Pollard is only 28, has only been in the league 6 seasons and has burned through three teams already. What's the deal with this guy?

He's very weird. Used to do his interviews in the locker room naked. Would just walk out of the shower and say he was ready to talk. Team and players asked him to stop but he kept doing it.

eznark

Banned
He's very weird. Used to do his interviews in the locker room naked. Would just walk out of the shower and say he was ready to talk. Team and players asked him to stop but he kept doing it.

Huh, I figured he had some Milton Bradley in him but I don't think I've ever really heard it before. Guy isn't good enough to pull shit like that.

Reggie Bush offered starting role in Detroit

Thats fine if they can sign him for a decent price. He brings a step of speed to the offense that it missed with Jahvid gone. I think Reggie is a great fit for the offense, and assuming Detroit addresses the O-line with its pick, could be a productive signing. But Scott Linnehan always looms in the shadows, and that is never good if you're looking for a productive offensive game plan

Dragon

Banned

I haven't hated a more mediocre player than Pollard since Shane Spencer.

squicken

Huh, I figured he had some Milton Bradley in him but I don't think I've ever really heard it before. Guy isn't good enough to pull shit like that.

Yeah it would be tolerated if he were better. But like Mech said, total box safety that can't cover. Worked for Ravens b/c Reed played 20 yards behind the LOS

It's not the Ravens are toast, but they are really hemorrhaging. They've lost their 3 most productive defenders, and if they lose Reed, that's top 4. Boldin loss will be bigger than people think. Good move the chains guy. They were a 8-8 team that got hot and lucky. Could go south if they catch some bad luck this year

Yeah it would be tolerated if he were better. But like Mech said, total box safety that can't cover. Worked for Ravens b/c Reed played 20 yards behind the LOS

It's not the Ravens are toast, but they are really hemorrhaging. They've lost their 3 most productive defenders, and if they lose Reed, that's top 4. Boldin loss will be bigger than people think. Good move the chains guy. They were a 8-8 team that got hot and lucky. Could go south if they catch some bad luck this year

People forget just how bad their defense was.

Top Bottom