• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

That's sunk money. Dead money is after you do the cutting/trading. While he is still on the roster it's sunk. I guess on their chart they make no distinction though.

The only reason I'm making the pedantic distinction is because the Raiders have REAL dead money of over $30m and it's insane.

Yeah I saw that. I think it's smart by Reggie. I just think teams get stupid trying to push problems down the road, and it ends up not working, and the bad times are even worse.

What Drayton McClane did the the Astros all came about b/c he missed in the draft and kept trading the few prospects he had to keep the big league team competitive. He needed to tear down and rebuild but couldn't do it. I know it's a different sport, but I've seen the alternative to not making the hard choice. When a team gets old, you just need to get ruthless and start cutting and trading away what you can

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
TE Barnidge makes sense much in the same way Groves did on the D. He knows Chud's offence and adds depth to a current position of need.

I think we still go after a higher profile TE as well as a CB.

Most definitely.

New TE
Jordan "so sexy" Cameron
Barnidge

In the depth chart.

eznark

Banned
NBA-esque.

Closer to the Astros. They have the potential to be something like $60m under the cap (if you count dead money as under based on on-field talent) depending on what they do with Palmer.

What Drayton McClane did the the Astros all came about b/c he missed in the draft and kept trading the few prospects he had to keep the big league team competitive.

I'll still never understand Brett Myers. The fuck was that. Guy should have been fired on the spot.

LevelNth

Banned
available cornerbacks:

Nnamdi Asomugha
Antoine Winfield
Brent Grimes
Sean Smith
Aqib Talib
DRC
Darrelle Revis
Keenan Lewis
I like it, hopefully this softens the market for these guys over time. Would love to see the Niners get Smith at 3.5-4m per and move Cully to FS.

Will never happen, but FA is boring for the Niners so I might as well hope for something.

bionic77

The Steelers do play the Pats this year. I want carcasses!
I want the win, too. But that's secondary and probably not going to happen.
Guarantee a Steelers win this year against the Pats.

Don't be so negative. Football doesn't make sense anymore. We can be bad and still win.

WedgeX

Banned
Lions announced a press conference for 1:45.

ohboy.gif

They gave him a four year deal. SMH Lions. Sheesh.

i8dK14Qf9zhkQ.gif

Colasante

if the pats don't sign one of these guys I'll be pretty upset

I think they're going to sign at least 2 FA corners.

Also, the Wes Welker 'sweepstakes' is down to New England and Denver. Unless Denver is offering him markedly more than New England I'd be very annoyed by him going to a principal AFC rival.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Early reports of a 4yr Reggie Bush deal with the Detroit Lions

so many fucking corners on the market...fire Mayhew

Hmmm...Not sure how I feel about this. It is confirmed Bush signed a 4-year deal.

I'll feel better if Milliner falls to them in the draft, but I don't see him getting past Philly.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It's not the worst contract, that's for sure. $25.5m total guaranteed, but $11m is injury only, so if he causes problems at least that won't bite you.

Cap hit for 2014 and 2015 is spicy though.

The Seachickens should eat the big cap hits on guys in the next 2-3 years before Wilson can renegotiate. Same with the Niners and Kaep.

JaMarco

I think they're going to sign at least 2 FA corners.

Also, the Wes Welker 'sweepstakes' is down to New England and Denver. Unless Denver is offering him markedly more than New England I'd be very annoyed by him going to a principal AFC rival.
I don't even care if he leaves. Pats should let him walk and use that money on defense.

LevelNth

Banned
Hmmm...Not sure how I feel about this.

I'll feel better if Milliner falls to them in the draft, but I don't see him getting past Philly.
All depends on guaranteed. And how he's used. You guys need to get out of those SB sets, hell put Bush and Leshoure on at the same time. It'd be better off.

bluemax

Banned
It's not the worst contract, that's for sure. $25.5m total guaranteed, but $11m is injury only, so if he causes problems at least that won't bite you.

Cap hit for 2014 and 2015 is spicy though.

I'm not too worried. Zach Miller comes down in price and some of the older expensive guys like Browner, Clemons, and Bryant will be gone.

LevelNth

Banned
I'm not too worried. Zach Miller comes down in price and some of the older expensive guys like Browner, Clemons, and Bryant will be gone.
I wouldn't be, you guys don't have glaring ball and chain contracts. Only thing is you guys have an inordinate amount of extensions coming up around the same time. You might be forced to let a great guy or two walk.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The gulf between the Packers FO and the Bears and Lions FOs in that division is sad.

Fixed for Lions fans.

And I was worried about the Suh contract until I read that because of his contract, he'll need to be extended after this upcoming year, not the year after. Goodbye, Suh.

Top Bottom