• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
AMERICAN HERO NDONKEYKONG SUH HAS RESTRUCTURED! MEDAL OF FREEDOM INCOMING

Also Reggie Bush gonna get paid! lolol

That is great news, although I'll go on record as saying I wish they'd trade him. Overrated.

Opening up cap space means more signings, though, so I'm all for this.

Justin Rogers said:
You want cap space, Ndamukong Suh might have just given the Lions more than $10 million with a simple restructure.

eznark

Banned
That is great news, although I'll go on record as saying I wish they'd trade him. Overrated.

Opening up cap space means more signings, though, so I'm all for this.

If they are restructuring his deal in order to sign Bush to be paid like an every down back I will never stop laughing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If they are restructuring his deal in order to sign Bush to be paid like an every down back I will never stop laughing.

I'll laugh as well. I don't see him as an every down back. That said, they'll still have Leshoure and Bell, the latter having performed well last year.

eznark

Banned
His 2013 cap number was only $11m so I doubt he freed up $10m. That seems like it would be extreme even by NFL funny money standards.

This also makes it more difficult to trade him if that is something you'd want to do, as the $11m will be a signing bonus spread out over the future of the deal. More guaranteed money for whoever takes him.

Plinko

His 2013 cap number was only $11m so I doubt he freed up $10m. That seems like it would be extreme even by NFL funny money standards.

It was actually $12.15 million because of a contract escalator.

WedgeX

Banned
He provides decent interior pass rush but is a situational player. He wasn't really able to play enough to really judge him though.

This is pretty much what his role will be with Detroit.

And I'm jumping on the trade Suh bandwagon. He doesn't want to stay in Detroit when his rookie contract is up. Get him gone for something!

I'll laugh as well. I don't see him as an every down back. That said, they'll still have Leshoure and Bell, the latter having performed well last year.

Leshoure played reasonably well last year too for it being his first contact in the nfl. Some of the problems with fumbling were troublesome, but he was always good for yards. Bell was a pleasant surprise too. It'll be nice to have a potential big play back in Reggie, though. But if they pay him starter money like EZ suggests. I'll continue laughing at this organization too. But a much sadder laughter

WedgeX

Banned
Leshoure played reasonably well last year too for it being his first contact in the nfl. Some of the problems with fumbling were troublesome, but he was always good for yards. Bell was a pleasant surprise too. It'll be nice to have a potential big play back in Reggie, though. But if they pay him starter money like EZ suggests. I'll continue laughing at this organization too. But a much sadder laughter

i4R4S18g8XEb3.gif

Plinko

This is pretty much what his role will be with Detroit.

And I'm jumping on the trade Suh bandwagon. He doesn't want to stay in Detroit when his rookie contract is up. Get him gone for something!

So Lions-GAF is now agreeing on two things:

1) Fire Schwartz
2) Trade Suh

I like it.

squicken

Suh now has Calvin Johnson/Fitzgerald leverage. He can't be traded or cut b/c they would incur so much dead money cap hit, and he has a giant base salary that means they must restructure/extend this year. So congrats on 5 more years of Suh at Mario Williams numbers, Lions fans

He already had a dead money number of 11.5 in 2014, with a 11.5 base salary. And they just pushed more into 2014

eznark

Banned
Suh now has Calvin Johnson/Fitzgerald leverage. He can't be traded or cut b/c they would incur so much dead money, and he has a giant base salary that means they must restructure/extend this year. So congrats on 5 more years of Suh at Mario Williams numbers, Lions fans

He already had a dead money number of 11.5 in 2014, with a 11.5 base salary. And they just pushed more into 2014

"Dead money" is guys you are paying who are no longer on the roster. This is the salary cap discussion equivalent of TAINT after a pick.

Professor Football my ass!

Draxal

Logan Ryan cb ran a 4.56 at his pro day ... he's going to drop. He'll probably be turned into safety like the player he's always been compared to in Devin McCourty.

squicken

eznark

Banned
http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Ndamukong Suh&Position=DT&Team=Lions

Dead Money is just short for "this is the cap hit you take if you trade or cut them"

They haven't updated to include the most recent restructure. Be happy ez. They have a seriously fucked up cap for the next several years

That's sunk money. Dead money is after you do the cutting/trading. While he is still on the roster it's sunk. I guess on their chart they make no distinction though.

The only reason I'm making the pedantic distinction is because the Raiders have REAL dead money of over $30m and it's insane.

Talon

That's sunk money. Dead money is after you do the cutting/trading. While he is still on the roster it's sunk. I guess on their chart they make no distinction though.

The only reason I'm making the pedantic distinction is because the Raiders have REAL dead money of over $30m and it's insane.
NBA-esque.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
We need new blood. Cut Troy and go all in on Pollard. We might not win with but he gives us the best chance to seriously injure and maim certain undersirables who do not belong in this league.
Clark + Pollard would hurt guys every single game. I'm ok with this.

Wes

venison crêpe
TE Barnidge makes sense much in the same way Groves did on the D. He knows Chud's offence and adds depth to a current position of need.

I think we still go after a higher profile TE as well as a CB.

Top Bottom