• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox3182
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings - BannedEpisode
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle - BannedEpisode
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

Rules for NFL Mock Draft 2013 (If i'm forgetting anything or you have questions, feel free to point them out.):

Fans of the team pick for their own team. If we don't get enough of those, then we pick other people to fill the slots.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Collaboration is encouraged. We're trying for an open dialog this year so debating in the thread is encouraged, however if your team is the secretive type feel free to take it to PMs.

"I'm going to throw a bitch fit and leave the thread if my team doesn't make the playoffs. I'll be back for the draft!" Ballsy bet, man!

My bet is that I won't post after losses. Only wins! I won't be posting much.

My point is I don't think it'll happen to the point of I would "ban" myself.

Not that it's something you could comprehend. Christ, did Neo–Gaf even exist last time Raiders made the playoffs?

During the press conference Bush will chairshot Mayhew and tear off his Lions jersey to reveal the green and gold underneath.

Minimum five-peat to commence forthwith.

WedgeX

Banned
No wonder the Lions signed Bush, he was too tired to think.

Dave Birkett @davebirkett
Bush said he got 2-3 hours of sleep cause he was "up thinking about all of the possibilities"

eznark

Banned
This is kind of amazing:

Per @PFF Reggie Bush had the 35th highest run rating last year - tied with Mikel Leshoure. Bell was 24th.

Duxxy3

people are saying they low ball Welker.

It's not really low ball until there are other offers on the table.

As long as Edelman and Amendola are on the market, Welker doesn't have a lot of leverage. The patriots won three super bowls without Wes Welker and none with him. They'll be fine if he moves on.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No wonder the Lions signed Bush, he was too tired to think.

Bush said he got 2-3 hours of sleep cause he was "up thinking about all of the possibilities"

He was thinking of how many $30,000 houses he can buy up in Detroit for 30 million.

WedgeX

Banned
Bush said Calvin, Stafford and Nate Burleson were three guys who texted him in recent weeks about joining forces

The Lions are basically Guntron now.

iTyVsoA8lrDFr.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is kind of amazing:

Per @PFF Reggie Bush had the 35th highest run rating last year - tied with Mikel Leshoure. Bell was 24th.

I don't put much stock into ratings like this, as the Dolphins were 26th in passing last year. Teams knew you didn't have to worry much about the passing game. Detroit will be a different story, as they were the league's 2nd-highest ranked passing offense. Bush will be facing a lot of defensive schemes that are beneficial to a decent RB.

Still, unless the OL improves, nothing will change.

eznark

Banned
I don't put much stock into ratings like this, as the Dolphins were 26th in passing last year. Teams knew you didn't have to worry much about the passing game. Detroit will be a different story, as they were the league's 2nd-highest ranked passing offense. Bush will be facing a lot of defensive schemes that are beneficial to a decent RB.

Still, unless the OL improves, nothing will change.

Yeah, I'm pretty pumped that they are going to give Calvin Johnson fewer opportunities. That's definitely a good thing. And honestly Bell scared the shit out of me. Glad to see he'll have a significantly reduced role.

Why isnt Ez doing the Bengals this year? He is there biggest fan.
I'll do it but I want to leave it open as long as possible so that an actual Bengal fan can draft for them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, I'm pretty pumped that they are going to give Calvin Johnson fewer opportunities. That's definitely a good thing. And honestly Bell scared the shit out of me. Glad to see he'll have a significantly reduced role.

LOL at CJ getting fewer opportunities. When the defense gives up 20 in the first half, Detroit will immediately resort to throwing it up to CJ like normal.

LevelNth

Banned

I'll do it but I want to leave it open as long as possible so that an actual Bengal fan can draft for them.
Doesn't any RB scare the shit out of the Packers?

Plinko

Reporters saying Bush signed for $5 million a year.

Plinko

I'm pretty sure we can pen Joeckel in for the Chiefs.

Several of the latest mock drafts had Fisher moving up to #1. I'm not sure why--maybe they heard some rumblings around the league after the combine?

Either way, I still think Joeckel goes at 1. I have absolutely no clue about the Jags or Raiders.

Says the guy who didn't ramp up his posting until the Ravens won the SB.

Oh no my friend, I've been dick–riding my main man Flacco in here for years. You jusr never noticed because your nose was so high in the air from all the Steelers success. Now that you're down here in the muck you notice us lowly rat–birds more.

Top Bottom