• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Here's my photo album from the Ravens Parade at M&T Bank Stadium. I'm uploading a video now that's processing.

Not all good news though, as three kids are stabbed, one fatally, two blocks opposite from where the parade turned towards the stadium. I literally walked right by this on my way into the office. Kid was laid out on the curb while the cops were backing everyone up.

Meanwhile, at the Niners Superbowl Celebration...

ED932931-8A2F-48AB-AA28-B069FE06E0E7-526-00000017C886A61F_zpsc78b4446.jpg

squicken

Detroit and Cards had the two most difficult schedules last season... that would be bullshit. On the other hand, if we need one more bad season, that could be for the best. If we fix OL this year but have to wait until next off season for a QB for instance. While I thought Kolb did good things while healthy, he's not the kind of QB Arians will want and he hasn't even proved he can play a season anyway. Curious to see who Arians ultimately settles on and if it will be this season or next. I expect Kolb to be the stop gap in the meantime with a restructured deal unless we trade for someone but I don't think there's a QB on the market that fits what Arians wants (let alone be talented).

Cards definitely had the worst schedule. STL had the hardest record in 2011, 3rd hardest in 2012, and seemingly 3rd hardest in 2013. It usually won't turn out like that but who knows? Getting both AFCS and NFCS could help.

If I were a Cards fan I'd worry that they over-draft at QB and not fix OL

effzee

No, the hate people have for Lebron has absolutely NOTHING to do with his hype. It's all based off of "The Decision" and for those of us that have watched the NBA at least a couple decades, that he became a little bitch that had to run to the team of another top 3 player in the league (at the time) to get a chip. NO superstar in the past would EVER have done that shit. Not Magic, not Jordan, not The Dream. It's disgusting and I will never respect him as a player, ever. I could give a shit if he wins 10 chips. /end rant

Still quite possibly the dumbest bitter argument I hear sports fans make all the time.

First of all joining another superstar doesn't guarantee anything.

Secondly all superstars who have won, have won wither at least 1-2 other superstars on the team. They might not have had to leave their team to win but they definitely had these super players on their team. Lebron left for less money for a chance to win. He didn't leave the Bulls, Lakers, Knicks, or Mavericks. He left the Cavs. He left Cleveland. Everyone would leave Cleveland.

He went about it wrong with the BS "The Decision" show but if anything its admirable to take less money, sacrifice stats (oh btw he still played and is playing at a MVP level), and playing time to win championships.

And no other star did that in the past because again they already had those amazing players on their team or because FA wasn't an option.

BTW people also hated Lebron before he left Cleveland. Anytime any player is so hyped from when he was in HS where every move of his is headline news on ESPN, then he will have an equally large group of people wishing for him to fail or disliking him overall. People used to relish the Cavs losing in the playoffs with all sorts of conspiracy theories about how or why they lost.

The hate went over the top with the "the decision" but in reality unless he chose to stay with Cleveland no matter where he went people would hate him and use BS arguments like "Ohh he had to team up to win". Actually became a fan of his and rooted for the Heat. Living in NYC the bitter tears and anger when he had the audacity to not come to the Knicks was amazing to watch.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8918957
The San Francisco 49ers may have lost the Super Bowl, but items proclaiming them champions will be put to good use.

Niners Super Bowl championship merchandise, mostly T-shirts and sweatshirts, that were made in advance and bought by retailers are in the process of being donated to Worldvision, a Christian humanitarian organization that has worked to aid impoverished nations.

Once the merchandise is received, Worldvision officials will sort the gear by size, gender and season and then determine which items will go to which countries.

Five countries that will definitely receive 49ers items are Zambia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Armenia and Romania, according to Jeff Fields, corporate relations director for Worldvision.

"The people really light up when they see that they have a chance to wear a new T-shirt," Fields said.

Fields said that it's not likely that anyone who gets the items will have any idea what is wrong with them.

"We're going to some really remote parts of the world," Fields said. "They don't have the Internet. They don't know about the 49ers or about American football."

Worldvision started working with the NFL in the mid-1990s, as the idea of printing gear ahead of time became customary in the licensing world. Over time, retailers have taken more of a risk, ordering more before the outcome is determined. The NFL does not allow those retailers to sell the gear proclaiming the wrong champion.

It is unknown exactly how much 49ers gear will be shipped overseas, but the charitable organization typically receives tens of thousands of items worth more than $1 million in retail value. The NFL, Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority and others have committed to making the donation this year.

How much advance gear is printed depends on the size of the fan base and how historic a win would be.

Fields said the record amount of gear Worldvision received was after Super Bowl XLII in 2008, when retailers ordered more than 100,000 pieces of gear that proclaimed a "19-0 Perfect Season" for the New England Patriots. New England, a 12-point favorite, of course lost to the New York Giants.

Fields said Worldvision likely will distribute the gear within the next four months.
424706_10150556227424849_583284848_9401045_375496191_n.jpg

Ripclawe

Banned
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...9ers-championship-merchandise-donated-charity
The San Francisco 49ers may have lost the Super Bowl, but items proclaiming them champions will be put to good use.

Niners Super Bowl championship merchandise, mostly T-shirts and sweatshirts, that were made in advance and bought by retailers are in the process of being donated to Worldvision, a Christian humanitarian organization that has worked to aid impoverished nations.

Once the merchandise is received, Worldvision officials will sort the gear by size, gender and season and then determine which items will go to which countries.

Five countries that will definitely receive 49ers items are Zambia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Armenia and Romania, according to Jeff Fields, corporate relations director for Worldvision.

Fields said the record amount of gear Worldvision received was after Super Bowl XLII in 2008, when retailers ordered more than 100,000 pieces of gear that proclaimed a "19-0 Perfect Season" for the New England Patriots. New England, a 12-point favorite, of course lost to the New York Giants.

Fields said Worldvision likely will distribute the gear within the next four months.

MechDX

lol getting feisty? hey let me remind you jacoby jones had a 108 yard kick return for a td in the SUPA BOWL that crowned WORLD CHAMPION baltimore ravens

At?

Look a few posts above you.

You know this is setting up the inevitable, in that next year Schoob will be this year's Flacco. We will all likely be wonder how in the fuck he won it all.

his arm is completely gone and Kubiak killed whatever chance he had of getting it back by keeping him in. His confidence is shot along with his arm.

I love me some Jacoby Jones. He was Superbowl MVP, made the biggest catch against Denver, and his returns won us at least one more game during the regular season.

MechDX

Im not a bandwagoner.But the Texans are a bunch of choking ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

You look up "Pats bandwagon fan" and its a picture of an alligator.

There is no way you hate your penis that much that you'd willingly take Mark Sanchez.

Did you see schaub play the last 4 games, playoffs and the freaking Pro bowl? he is THAT bad and it all falls on Kubiak. We are fucked the next couple seasons. 6-10 incoming!!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Guess what Gator? Someone was likely stabbed in whatever shithole swamp you live in today too. But it won't make the news because you didn't just win the Super Bowl.
Chances of stabbings jump up a few percent wherever Ray Lewis is

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't care, talking shit and getting mouthy after 2 consecutive blowout losses is loser tier.

If you're interested for the full dumb thing:
http://www.packers.com/media-center...ranchise/3588c7fd-12eb-45b5-b5c0-e95caf5b0175

Back to hockey-GAF

I dunno, seemed like a typical fluff piece. I loved it!

He was definitely talking about the organization and town in that context anyway.

If you want to be angry, our defense and Dom Capers probably deserve flak until draft day when we find out if they addressed any holes.

The jaguar logo looks like an angry kitty with jaguar markings. I'm not sure why, I think it's cause that head is so slender looking, Jaguars are huge.

So much Jaguar news this week. My uncle lives in Belize and he and his neighbors are currently trying to catch a Jaguar in their neighborhood that is hunting dogs. The guy gets to enjoy retirement with a house on the beach but has to deal with this shit. :jnc

Wouldve been cool if the alternate logo was a black jaguar for the black uniforms. Did you know the black panther isn't even a real species? About 6% of jaguars end up black because of a mutation. There are two teams named after the same species and they entered the league the same year. Neither of which are in Jaguar country. Carolina should be ashamed for their lack of creativity.

Top Bottom