• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

jakncoke

Banned
Maybe it's because we haven't had a good quarterback since the 90s, but I would be very, very happy to have a QB that can play like Flacco did during the post season. Not sure why or how Jets fans are complaining. You guys haven't had a quality QB since.

Since.

....Namath? And he was just aight.

Sanjuro frowns upon this post

JABEE

dumb8tu0h.jpg

:jnc

squicken

Not enough :jnc's. What are squicken's thoughts on acquiring a man with a permanent head swelling? edit: I see Squicken already replied!

Rams already have enough problem children. This guy is beyond the pale imo, but Fisher has a history of getting these types of guys to play hard. Only person to ever get Fatty Haynesworth to give a damn. The thing that bugs me most about Young was the fight he had with Delmas. Guy just seems way to selfish to be a functional teammate

Some savings the Giants could get from cutting some older veterans (Boley has already been cut):

Corey Webster
2013 cap number: $9.845M
Dead money charge: $2.595M
Cap Savings: $7.25M

David Diehl
2013 cap number: $6.575M
Dead money charge: $2.125M
Cap Savings: $4.45M

Justin Tuck
2013 cap number: $6.15M
Dead money charge: $1.5M
Cap Savings: $4.65M

Michael Boley
2013 cap number: $5.9M
Dead money charge: $1.4M
Cap Savings: $4.5M
Diehl and Webster seriously need to be cut. If the Giants want either for depth, resign at a far lower rate.

Seems the Rams were the only team to put a claim on him. He better straighten up or he'll be out this league for good soon.

If it was just about money they would have claimed nobody and smell the savings. Titus right now is basically Randy + TO in terms of headache. I'm ready to believe he will insult his new team before he sees a single snap. Maybe even another HOF quote!

WedgeX

Banned
Rams already have enough problem children. This guy is beyond the pale imo, but Fisher has a history of getting these types of guys to play hard. Only person to ever get Fatty Haynesworth to give a damn. The thing that bugs me most about Young was the fight he had with Delmas. Guy just seems way to selfish to be a functional teammate

If it was just about money they would have claimed nobody and smell the savings. Titus right now is basically Randy + TO in terms of headache. I'm ready to believe he will insult his new team before he sees a single snap. Maybe even another HOF quote!

Can only hope that the Rams ban him from Twitter, and force him to get into therapy. Hopefully no one alludes to Danny Amendola being the starting wide receiver next season.

KaYotiX

Banned
Was watching local news last night, and it showed what I knew to be true all along. The fact that Kaepernick is a punk bitch.

"Fans" waited up to 8 hours to see their beloved shit franchise come home, and while other players waved at fans or stopped to sign autographs, Kaepernick kept his windows rolled up and ignored them all together while driving by. Class act if I've ever seen one.
He looks like a person that would do that. Not surprised

Someone tell Rodgers to shut his stupid trap.

The only thing the Packers are premier at is shitting the bed in the playoffs.

When will this team learn?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Did everyone see the list of ARod ped's?

Here are identifiable substances connected to Alex Rodriguez according to documents released by the Miami New Times, which the publication attributes as the handwritten logs of Florida wellness clinician Tony Bosch. It does not include some substances that could not be identified because of abbreviations or legibility.

Testosterone: Banned substance applied by cream at 10% strength
L-Glutathione: Antioxidant used for cell repair
Troches: 19% testosterone-laced lozenge used prior to workout
Pink cream: Trans-dermal delivery of testosterone
HGH: Injectable growth hormone, a banned substance
CJC: Injectable growth hormone releasing hormone
GHRP: Injectable growth hormone releasing peptide
IGF-1: Banned substance; stimulates insulin and muscle growth
Zinc: Essential mineral used as dietary supplement
Amino acids: Supplement aids in recovery and building of muscle tissue
Vitamin D: Immune system booster
Omega-3, -6, -9: Essential fatty acids
5-HTP: Boosts serotonin production in brain
DHEA: Testosterone precursor
Resveratrol: Plant-based supplement marketed as anti-aging agent
Melatonin: Hormone that helps regulate sleep and wake cycles
Glucosamine: Supplement used for joint and cartilage health
Alpha lipoic acid: Antioxidant that helps turn glucose into energy
Ibuprofen: Anti-inflammatory drug to treat minor aches and pains

squicken

Going by records only

Atlanta has the easiest schedule (108-148, .422) followed by Cincinnati (112-144, .438).

The toughest schedule next season belongs to Detroit (144-110-2, .566), followed by Arizona (141-111-4, .559), St. Louis (137-117-2) and Jacksonville (138-118, .539).

Wes

venison crêpe
There's rumours Josh Gordon may be getting cut from Cleveland. According to the rumours it is being seriously considered by the management for this:

Not completely sure on the age of the photo. Some say it's from a long time ago. Others say it went up recently. *shrug*

Bowser

Did everyone see the list of ARod ped's?

lol when did shit like amino acids, omega 3/6/9, vitamin D, glucosamine, etc. become PEDs? Shit, I take BCAA, fish oil pills and multivitamins, does that mean I'm on PEDs?

lol what is this from

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nfl/Y_Sports_NFL/31624378#nfl/Y_Sports_NFL/31624378

There's rumours Josh Gordon may be getting cut from Cleveland. According to the rumours it is being seriously considered by the management for this:

Not completely sure on the age of the photo. Some say it's from a long time ago. Others say it went up recently. *shrug*

If it's true that it's just hookah, I don't see what the big deal is. Hookah isn't illegal.

effzee

If its just hookah why would it be an issue?

Has to be more than that. As far as I know it isn't illegal or banned for NFL players to smoke hookah.

According to Clayton Eagles will release Vick on Friday not because they have decided on what to do at QB but mainly because Chip has been to busy assembling his coaching staff and attending the senior bowl to really make a thorough decision.

Clayton also said the cut would be to avoid the contract they signed him to but the Eagles might end up resigning him since there won't be many options for him or the team for a viable starting QB in 2013 unless they really decide to turn the franchise over to Foles and or to a draft pick.

New Jags logo reminds me of Thundercats

Look who tweeted the rumor, saw it awhile ago. Not very credible. Also think about this why would you cut him and not trade him? Don't worry wes

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
lol when did shit like amino acids, omega 3/6/9, vitamin D, glucosamine, etc. become PEDs? Shit, I take BCAA, fish oil pills and multivitamins, does that mean I'm on PEDs?
I just copied and pasted, there's no more than a dozen banned substances on that list. Good job getting the cheaters out of baseball! I'm looking at you, Roiden Braun!

jakncoke

Banned

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nfl/Y_Sports_NFL/31624378#nfl/Y_Sports_NFL/31624378

If it's true that it's just hookah, I don't see what the big deal is. Hookah isn't illegal.

I think its just a list of his regimen of stuff he did to do whatever his goal was. Be it both illegal and legal stuffs

Wes

venison crêpe
Look who tweeted the rumor, saw it awhile ago. Not very credible. Also think about this why would you cut him and not trade him? Don't worry wes
I'm not overly worried. It's been a slow news day outside this and the Rucker release.

squicken

Thought I read Chip was signing Dixon of Raven's squad? And I can't imagine they cut Gordon for that unless there's other issues. That's a 2nd round pick!

Titus Young? Cheap free agent pick up I guess. Plus Fisher is a good coach unlike Schwartz. I still don't like it, but what's the worst that can happen? He will freak out and Fisher will bench him. Fine by me

I think a lot of the hate people have towards Lebron is because of ESPN. I have never seen anyone with that much pre and post-manufactured hype around them. Not that he isn't great, but no one has ever received that much media scrutiny before while accomplishing so little. It all might be warranted in another 3 years if he is the first player in a 100 years to win 4 consecutive titles, but this is all just a little premature.

Also :lol @ Hoge rating Flacco no. 1. Another blatant attempt at BSPN to troll us. Sadly it continues to work. From cornballin negros to greatest qb of all time Flaccos, ESPN is pretty awesome at trolling for attention.
No, the hate people have for Lebron has absolutely NOTHING to do with his hype. It's all based off of "The Decision" and for those of us that have watched the NBA at least a couple decades, that he became a little bitch that had to run to the team of another top 3 player in the league (at the time) to get a chip. NO superstar in the past would EVER have done that shit. Not Magic, not Jordan, not The Dream. It's disgusting and I will never respect him as a player, ever. I could give a shit if he wins 10 chips. /end rant
Going by records only

Atlanta has the easiest schedule (108-148, .422) followed by Cincinnati (112-144, .438).

The toughest schedule next season belongs to Detroit (144-110-2, .566), followed by Arizona (141-111-4, .559), St. Louis (137-117-2) and Jacksonville (138-118, .539).
Detroit and Cards had the two most difficult schedules last season... that would be bullshit. On the other hand, if we need one more bad season, that could be for the best. If we fix OL this year but have to wait until next off season for a QB for instance. While I thought Kolb did good things while healthy, he's not the kind of QB Arians will want and he hasn't even proved he can play a season anyway. Curious to see who Arians ultimately settles on and if it will be this season or next. I expect Kolb to be the stop gap in the meantime with a restructured deal unless we trade for someone but I don't think there's a QB on the market that fits what Arians wants (let alone be talented).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No, the hate people have for Lebron has absolutely NOTHING to do with his hype. It's all based off of "The Decision" and for those of us that have watched the NBA at least a couple decades, that he became a little bitch that had to run to the team of another top 3 player in the league (at the time) to get a chip. NO superstar in the past would EVER have done that shit. Not Magic, not Jordan, not The Dream. It's disgusting and I will never respect him as a player, ever. I could give a shit if he wins 10 chips. /end rant
What about that time when Karl Malone and Gary Peyton joined the Lakers?

Top Bottom