• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

Amendola's whole body would explode if Pollars hit him

He missed more games last year than Welker has missed since 2005. I'm sure he'll get a 16 game season in one of those years, but look at Laurent Robinson? Out of the league with those same concussion issues he had in STL. DX will eventually have his knees go again

There isn't a history of injured guys leaving STL and getting healthy. It's healthy guys going to STL and getting hurt

Godslay

Banned
Well I think Denver and NE can scratch Austin off the list. Good deal on Amendola, nice guarantee, definitely paying on potential.

Dragon

Banned
Don't get it. Amendola is an injury risk and doesn't have the history nor accomplishments of Welker. And if you can sign Welker for two years for the same price why not? Fuck this.

squicken

and lol at Avril. Can't play the run and gets garbage time stats. Best they could do but he's still not as good as Clemons. And why do they keep patching that spot? Isn't Irvin supposed to be doing that?

Colasante

Don't get it. Amendola is an injury risk and doesn't have the history nor accomplishments of Welker. And if you can sign Welker for two years for the same price why not? Fuck this.

Because by the time Amendola completes his 5 year contract, he'll be as old as Welker is now. They're building for both the present and the future.

Rams are losing their top two receivers in receptions and yards from an already stagnant offense, as well as our leading rusher. Regardless of our draft I see us getting worse next year, rather than better. 4-12 or 5-11

TheFatOne

Who in the world wants Amendola over Welker on just a two year deal? Belichick fucked up

Belichick was trying to phase Welker out of the offense with Edelman earlier last season. I still want a legit number one receiver for the Pats, but I would take defensive upgrades over that right now.

Whew, Im glad the Colts didn't sign Avril. If they did, it would be for pretty good money, and I don't think he deserves the money that he probably ended up getting from Seattle.

Ricky Jean-Francois leaving Philly, now on his way to Indy. This type of signing is the one I hope Grigson and Co. stay with. Only big time names I'd be interested in if the price is right (and I can think of without looking at the list) is Reed, Landry, or Jennings. Reed and Jennings are not long term solutions, but I would be fine with them as short term solutions as we fix other parts of the boat.

Bread

Banned
i like that the offense is essentially set now, save for a depth lineman signing. please bill, go out and get a nice man to man cover corner and a d end like seymour.

@godslay

he said earlier last season, first 3 or 4 games last year he was basically platooning with edelman

Godslay

Banned
Belichick was trying to phase Welker out of the offense with Edelman earlier last season. I still want a legit number one receiver for the Pats, but I would take defensive upgrades over that right now.

His stats are the pretty much the same from 2011 to 2012. Doesn't seem like much of a phase out.

NE
GP:16
Receptions: 122
Targets: 172
Yards: 1,569
TD: 9

NE
Receptions: 118
Targets: 174
Yards: 1,354
TD: 6

squicken

Pink hats in Boston will swoon for Danny. Favorite of the ladies in STL. But he'll never be Welker and the fans will always bring that up. Not gonna be a happy couple of years

Milchjon

His stats are the pretty much the same from 2011 to 2012. Doesn't seem like much of a phase out.

NE

NE

Because everyone got hurt. They reduced his reps significantly, but had to put him back on the field after injuries, like Edelman's. And the difference was very much noticeable.

I'm not gonna be content with Amendola. No matter how good he'll be, I'll remain a bitter old man.

Fox318

Pink hats in Boston will swoon for Danny. Favorite of the ladies in STL. But he'll never be Welker and the fans will always bring that up. Not gonna be a happy couple of years

He is white and around the same height.

Most Boston can't read anyway so they probably won't even notice.

Tom Penny

NE

NE

Because Edelman played 9 games. They were definitely thinking about moving on from Welker. He wasn't even starting initially. A ton of bad blood between the 2 sides. Before he got franchised last year they offered him 2/18 guaranteed and he said no.

Top Bottom