• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Godslay

Banned
Maybe? Sure it could possibly turn out better but you are replacing a guy who has more catches than every other player in the past 6 years vs a guy that struggles to get on the field. Besides Tom only has 2-3 years left, why risk it in the first place?

Amendola under Brady should better than Amendola under Bradford. The potential is there.

cdyhybrid

and lol at Avril. Can't play the run and gets garbage time stats. Best they could do but he's still not as good as Clemons. And why do they keep patching that spot? Isn't Irvin supposed to be doing that?
Irvin might not be ready to be a full-time guy. If Avril can come in and get pressure on the QB, that's all we'll need.

squicken

Anyone got an updated list of the top FAs left?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/06/the-free-agent-hot-100-2/

Torrey, at least try to be optimistic.

3tcqugequ2h.jpg

Ok that makes sense. Are you ready to see him run 2 routes? Maybe he wont be such a shithead now he has money in his bank account.
I saw him on a press conference today and the cockiness was kind of overbearing. It definitely took my excitement down a notch or two. I hope Tannehill's ready to work with a guy like that.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Amendola will put up similar numbers to welker when he's healthy.... but he's never healthy. The pats made a massive mistake today as they have done since they stopped winning superbowls. They got lucky early when Rodney Harrison replaced Milloy, but since then they haven't successfully replaced anybody... really hurt them in 06, killed them with Asante Samuel, and this might do them in as well.

Gronk, Hernandez, AND Amendola are all made of glass, so we'll see what happens.

squicken

So we're waiting on the Cornerback dominoes to fall it seems.

All the corners all flawed in some way. Talib would be a big money guy if he didn't like shooting guns at his family members. So someone has to set the market. They are sort of interchangeable so all the teams think they can wait it out and get them for cheap

Vollmer, Long, and Andre Smith all have the same agent. He's going to control the market. He'll hold them all until he gets a big deal. That sets the market for the others to work off of

Kiryu

Seattle obviously think they can win now.

Which is rather amusing.
Yeah. It does looks like it to me. I believe Seahawks may covered most of holes that Offense/Defense need to fix on.

EDIT: Oh by the way... I hate band-wagoner fans who are riding on our Seahawks wagon after Percy Harvin sign and that recently Cliff Arvil.

Steelers have their backup to Ben. Gradkowski grew up in Pittsburgh, I believe. I still remember him beating us in Pittsburgh a couple seasons ago when he started for the Raiders. That's the game Keenan Lewis dropped a sure pick on the final drive that would have sealed the game, though.

Definite step up from Leftwich and Batch.

TheFatOne

So we're waiting on the Cornerback dominoes to fall it seems.

Looks like it. I hope the Pats can get Talib, and Reed. That would be pretty fucking sweet.
I'll take your word for it, but it sounds like bullshit to me.

If he was trying to phase out Welker, it proves Belicheck was a dumbass handling it. Who gives a shit if the guy produces out of his mind and wants to get paid for it the following year? He's still on your team, and is better than Edelman. You are still paying him to play that year. So you are telling me that want to phase out a paid asset, for a guy that is making less and is not as productive? Silly.

I'd take the answer of McD playing around with different play sets or even a little slap for 2 games. A full on phase out doesn't make sense, even with injuries. He was too valuable in that offense.

It was really fucking stupid by Belichick. I have no idea what the Pats see in Edelman. The situation early with the Pats last season was really weird. There were plenty of articles talking about Welkers diminished role early in the season. It was really stupid, and really strange.
Amendola will put up similar numbers to welker when he's healthy.... but he's never healthy. The pats made a massive mistake today as they have done since they stopped winning superbowls. They got lucky early when Rodney Harrison replaced Milloy, but since then they haven't successfully replaced anybody... really hurt them in 06, killed them with Asante Samuel, and this might do them in as well.

Gronk, Hernandez, AND Amendola are all made of glass, so we'll see what happens.

I don't think Gronk belongs in that discussion. One injury was during the season, and the Pats fucked up bringing him back early, and the other was Bernard The Patriot Killer Pollard after he played all 16 games. Hernandez is definitely injury prone though.

Tom Penny

Samuel and now Welker are the only guys they ever let go that could still produce...not sure what players your're talking about that hurt them.

Daw, I saw Alex Smith's interview on NFL.com. While I don't want -- and don't think can -- to see the Chiefs beat out the Broncos in the division, I'd like to see the Chiefs make a run at a wildcard spot. Not a Niners fan, but I've felt bad for the guy. Glad he's getting another shot and hope he does something with his opportunity.

MechDX

Is Reed even worth it?

For what the Texans defense needs: yes. Many people don't realize but our defense is REALLY young without a lot of primetime/playoff experience. Reed would help stabilize that and I will be ok with it if the Texans know it is just a temp solution and draft Reeds replacement this year to play understudy.

I believe we are getting like 4 supplemental picks with the highest being a 3rd rounder for losing Mario last season.

Im starting to believe this is a 95% done deal:

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

The Texans have been involved and in on Ed Reed since the start of free agency, not sudden development, per sources

Texans have made an extremely strong bid to woo Ed Reed. Whether a quick deal happens remains unclear, but they are off to a strong start

Sources emphasize that the 49ers are actually a legit contender for Ed Reed should the Texans visit not lead to a fast deal.

The Indianapolis Colts, coached by Chuck Pagano, could emerge as a suitor for Reed, but it will depend on price and his other opportunities

And they didn't even offer Quin a deal at all it turns out.

Top Bottom