• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

bionic77

Amendola will put up similar numbers to welker when he's healthy.... but he's never healthy. The pats made a massive mistake today as they have done since they stopped winning superbowls. They got lucky early when Rodney Harrison replaced Milloy, but since then they haven't successfully replaced anybody... really hurt them in 06, killed them with Asante Samuel, and this might do them in as well.

Gronk, Hernandez, AND Amendola are all made of glass, so we'll see what happens.
Didn't Welker lead the league in receptions and yards after the catch for the past 6 years?

You ain't replacing that...

jakncoke

Banned
so the truther signed with the cards today eh? its funny how he seemed like he'd be our next guy to approach 10k yards then went completely south so fast

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Didn't Welker lead the league in receptions and yards after the catch for the past 6 years?

You ain't replacing that...

YAC? I didn't think so, I do know is Yards per reception were the lowest in the league though. He catches quick passes over the middle, and has unreliable hands. I'm pissed they let him go to a legit contender, and the way they handled it, but Welkers not as fast as he used to be, and he's definitely getting older. I would've loved the Amendola signing if he wasn't made of glass, but I'll guarantee you, that when he's healthy (if ever), he'll put up VERY similar numbers to Welker. The only reason he wouldn't is if Brady ends up trying to prove a point.

jakncoke

Banned
Leftwich is done, he's been injured every year for 6 years running during very limited action. I'll be surprised if he hasn't retired by the time preseason starts.

leftwich-run.gif

Poor Sandwich all washed up

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't think Gronk belongs in that discussion. One injury was during the season, and the Pats fucked up bringing him back early, and the other was Bernard The Patriot Killer Pollard after he played all 16 games. Hernandez is definitely injury prone though.
You need to realize that Gronk dropped in the draft because teams were scared of the injuries he suffered in college. It's definitely a concern.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Time to fire up the horn, slo!

Middle linebacker Brian Urlacher has been flirting with the enemy, specifically the NFC North division rival Vikings.

A Vikings source confirmed talks with Urlacher's camp, but said the team was "monitoring" the situation and still believed Urlacher eventually would remain with the Bears.

Top Bottom