• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Tom Penny

You're right, there's going to be some more variability in their game plan now... There's certainly a lot of talent from the TE position, and Amendola is talented when healthy but Welker was good for 10/120 every game. It was a nightmare to defend them because of him- They're going to be a lot easier to make a defensive scheme against now, I would imagine.

We'll see how much Brady and Bellicheck have left in the tank. I'm sure Bill wasn't expecting this.

Welker is good...not that good.

Godslay, do you know whether Flacco's check cleared to that loser safety of yours that allowed Boldin to get behind him at the end of the divisional game? That guy's fuckup basically made Joe about $20M.

Flacco should also cut about $1M to every Charger defender on the field during his "amazing" 4th and 29 dump off to Ray Rice.

Godslay

Banned
Goldslay, do you know whether Flacco's check cleared to that loser safety of yours that allowed Boldin to get behind him at the end of the divisional game? That guy's fuckup basically made Joe about $20M.

Flacco should also cut about $1M to every Charger defender on the field during his "amazing" 4th and 29 dump off to Ray Rice.

:jnc

It cleared. Elway confiscated it and paid Welker with it.

Bradys-Spikes-The-Ball-And-Goes-Nuts-GIF.gif

Justin Forsett is going to visit the Jags.

This is like the best gif ever. Also, wow I go to sleep and like 25 new pages. lol. Browns FA looking great so far. Welker news is wow though.

Colasante

Arrington out of the slot is basically worthless. He'd be lucky to get Patrick Chung money.

I'd love to have Arrington back as the slot corner, but I'd be furious if he was anywhere past 3rd on the depth chart. They need to plan as if Dennard's going away and load up at the position.

squicken

Rams offered a deal to Delmas, but he's going to SF. Still wooing Long, but want him at their price. Like that approach. Both guys are injury prone. Don't let the season go to shit b/c to injury prone guys got hurt

Dragon

Banned
It's sort of understood that the sports threads are a little more raw afaik.

Yeah but even then I've been banned for things in here when others haven't and vice versa. I'd just argue for consistency but it is a private forum so they can do what they want. Just sucks.

Yep cap is great for next year. If they decide to extend Bradford, they'll be able to put a huge roster bonus into that year and not get killed in later years. If they are doing things right, they are adding 4 impact players with the 4 first round picks at a low cost

They'll get a couple safeties off the scrap heap before the draft, but they will probably have to use a high pick to address FS. Just so hard to find a rangy S that can cover

edit: DRC to a one year deal? Is Elway God?

We still have Darian Stewart too, but I agree, we need a good Free Safety. Dahl's play killed us last year.

JABEE

Good pickup for Denver at 1 year. Worth the risk on a supremely gifted athlete. Denver is really going for it. If it wasn't for their shitty secondary play, they would have been in the Super Bowl last season.

BigAT

DRC couldn't pull more than a 1-year deal? I know the market for CBs has been pretty slow so far, but I find that surprising.

Godslay

Banned
Finally! A CB!

Wasn't he originally from AZ? If so, I remember him being good.

Yeah. I don't know how well he played in Philadelphia but I think they had him play nickel. Which is Harris' spot in Denver. I'm assuming he be opposite champ. 1 year minimum risk, and he's pretty young still 26.

mr2xxx

Banned
In Redskins news:

Kirk Cousins Gets Random Drug Test From NFL While Visiting His Grandma’s House

"NFL's off-season drug testing at my grandma's town-home! I'm all for a clean game but weird having a stranger watch u in your own bathroom"

Win the offseason all but assures the Lombardi just ask tabris! Congrats!

Nah man, I just like how the team is building upon last season. Every game still needs to be played, and anything can happen in a game. Just like where we're at.

Draft is going to be interesting, some people asking for Lacy on twitter. I don't think Elway will do it.

We could use a power running back. Not sure if he is it, but Denver could use one.

MechDX

Nah man, I just like how the team is building upon last season. Every game still needs to be played, and anything can happen in a game. Just like where we're at.

We could use a power running back. Not sure if he is it, but Denver could use one.

Its all good. The Broncos are my second team!

I'm still betting Tate will be traded before the draft. He is now taking jabs at Kubiak:

Ben Tate ‏@BenTateRB
Could of just gave u mine from the last playoff game it was so clean after RT @jhouck29: Got my @BenTateRB jersey cleaned up and fresh.

squicken

lol it's like no one watched last year. Everyone had Denver, NE, and HOU as obvious playoff teams, and they all made it. Some things are easy to predict. It's not dumb to point out that the Broncos are obviously the team to beat in the AFC. This isn't about "offseason champions" stuff. It's about being the best team in 2012 and getting better, while their foes get worse

Browns got an A+ on the Canadian sports show I just watched!

tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500_zps2d881320.gif

Woo! Free Agent champions! Now lets finally start winning.

With DRC signing, seems we're closer to getting a corner. I'm predicting it'll be Cason with Norv's past with him. Of course still hoping for Keenan Lewis.

Also; Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora
on the QB market, continue to hear Vikings really like Cassel, Campbell could stay in CHI or go to CLE. Thigpen to SF makes sense to me

Called Campbell to CLE a while ago. I believe it happens.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah i just read that thread, there at least 3 people in their that just danced with the devil and came out clean some how

It's really how people report things. I've gotten away with some horrible shit in here for instance.

I'm probably being sensitive because I feel like how they determine if something is okay or not in the OT is whether or not you could say it at a French Progressive People's Party meeting or something. So 9/11 jokes are A-Okay but saying Halle Berry has a thing for bad boys is victim blaming and definitely not "progressive". I guess it depends on the thread communities and the mods (which is why I love NFL-GAF!)

I never even considered that people actually PM mods though...makes sense since to read all of GAF all the time would be a full time job.

Anyway, that's my rant.

Football!

Talon

I'm probably being sensitive because I feel like how they determine if something is okay or not in the OT is whether or not you could say it at a French Progressive People's Party meeting or something. So 9/11 jokes are A-Okay but saying Halle Berry has a thing for bad boys is victim blaming and definitely not "progressive". I guess it depends on the thread communities and the mods (which is why I love NFL-GAF!)

I never even considered that people actually PM mods though...makes sense since to read all of GAF all the time would be a full time job.

Anyway, that's my rant.

Football!
You can say whatever the fuck you want to about a religion, even if you don't even have a working knowledge of its fundamentals, and you're off scott free.

Top Bottom