• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You can say whatever the fuck you want to about a religion, even if you don't even have a working knowledge of its fundamentals, and you're off scott free.

I think any religious person on GAF quickly learns that you just don't read any threads about religion and you definitely never post about it in those threads. Which is kind of how it works in the real world anyway just without the Atheist Witnesses.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Really not excited about any of the Colts signings.

The Colts window isn't even open yet, in a few years Luck is going to be elite so plan for that. The Colts need to be stockpiling picks and drafting well more than anything.

Same thing with the Redskins (though if they keep playing it risky with RG3, "win now" might come very soon!)

squicken

I don't like the signing of the Lions OL, but the other one has some potential. The Landry one bugs me b/c it's such a big guarantee. May have over-payed for Walden, but it's only a 4m guarantee. I like the idea of a bunch of low cost gambles. It's the bigger commits that they seem to be whiffing on

I don't like the signing of the Lions OL, but the other one has some potential. The Landry one bugs me b/c it's such a big guarantee. May have over-payed for Walden, but it's only a 4m guarantee. I like the idea of a bunch of low cost gambles. It's the bigger commits that they seem to be whiffing on

Well, hard to know what they were really after in this free agent class, but I know the Colts boards were upset that they missed out on Levitre and Vasquez.

I like everything they've done so far. Both Thomas and Cherilus will be starters and mean less time for Linkenbach and McGlynn to be playing. Landry, while that guarantee is high, will be an enormous upgrade over Tom Zbikowski (who they should just release IMO), Toler was a solid signing, and I like the stuff Ive read on Walden and Sidbury (although it appears that Grigson and Co. REALLY saw something in Walden that NO ONE ELSE saw at all with the deal they gave him).

Im glad they resigned Butler yesterday as well, I was worried he would escape. Now wrap up Ricky Jean Francois who is at the Colts facility right now... and I'm feeling pretty good.

Still think they could go out and get another CB, more linemen, or even a WR before the draft.

Godslay, do you know whether Flacco's check cleared to that loser safety of yours that allowed Boldin to get behind him at the end of the divisional game? That guy's fuckup basically made Joe about $20M.

Flacco should also cut about $1M to every Charger defender on the field during his "amazing" 4th and 29 dump off to Ray Rice.

You remind me greatly of Lot's wife from the book of Genesis whom upon gazing back at the destruction being laid unto the wicked city of Sodom by the lord, is transformed into a pillar of salt.

4E9EECE2-9C4C-439C-9066-1A8E88D794EE-68858-00000E218DB1411D_zps3e3d17a5.jpg

i have a sickening feeling that the 49ers are signing charles woodson tonight. they are STILL meeting at team HQ -_-

i guess if it's to replace donte whitner then im ok with it, but not to play FS

squicken

Well, hard to know what they were really after in this free agent class, but I know the Colts boards were upset that they missed out on Levitre and Vasquez.

I like everything they've done so far. Both Thomas and Cherilus will be starters and mean less time for Linkenbach and McGlynn to be playing. Landry, while that guarantee is high, will be an enormous upgrade over Tom Zbikowski (who they should just release IMO), Toler was a solid signing, and I like the stuff Ive read on Walden and Sidbury (although it appears that Grigson and Co. REALLY saw something in Walden that NO ONE ELSE saw at all with the deal they gave him).

Im glad they resigned Butler yesterday as well, I was worried he would escape. Now wrap up Ricky Jean Francois who is at the Colts facility right now... and I'm feeling pretty good.

Still think they could go out and get another CB, more linemen, or even a WR before the draft.

At some point they will need an X at wide receiver. Was glad they let Avery go. To me, the FA value is on defense, so I think it just doesn't make sense to pay for Landry. There's no killer deal though. Having Luck so cheap is a godsend. Really going to help the teams that get QBs under rookie deals.

I'm actually curious to see how teams proceed. I get that you pay Rodgers 20m, but I still think you don't pay 10m to the Staffords and Flaccos of the world, let alone 20m. I think smart teams will be using 3rd or 4th round picks in every draft on QB, looking for that Kap or Wilson

bionic77

Wonder if Peyton will be able to throw the ball with any zip on it next year? That and his history of choking and the curse of being good are the only 3 things that I can think of that could doom them next year.

Did anyone sign Keenan Lewis yet?

Tabris

Took you no further than Tebow did. All the bleating in Denver over Tebow's bad mechanics, how much further did you get?

I'm a Peyton Manning fan. He took me to a Superbowl twice and won me one. His little brother won me two. Against my most hated team. Win win.

Derrick01

Banned
Really happy with the moves the Broncos made today. Gotta give props to Elway, he's building a better team than I thought he would when he took over.

Hunter S.

Good pickup for Denver at 1 year. Worth the risk on a supremely gifted athlete. Denver is really going for it. If it wasn't for their shitty secondary play, they would have been in the Super Bowl last season.
That and they got about zero pressure on Flacco late in the game.In the regular season game they were all over Flacco and sacking his ass left and right. In that game, he had all the time in the world and they only sacked him once. A terrible performance by a defense that usually got tons of pressure and had the most sacks in the regular season.

Kacar

So what WRs are still available besides Jennings at this point?

I'm also glad we don't have terrible Cribbs anymore, growing up he was one of my favorite, then at some random point it just clicked that he wasn't good in any facet besides special teams.

Top Bottom