• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

So on Mike and Mike today they had their 3 winners of FA. Denver 1, the Fins 2, and then the Bears 3. I was really surprised to see the Bears so high, both guys were raving about the Bushrod signing, and how much of an upgrade he would be. Does anyone actually think the Bears are having one of the best FA of any team so far?

So you're telling me Mike and Mike are inept at evaluating talent? Bushrod is a bad tackle who is going to be abused by the likes of Jared Allen and Clay Matthews twice a year. I personally love what the Bears are doing

So on Mike and Mike today they had their 3 winners of FA. Denver 1, the Fins 2, and then the Bears 3. I was really surprised to see the Bears so high, both guys were raving about the Bushrod signing, and how much of an upgrade he would be. Does anyone actually think the Bears are having one of the best FA of any team so far?

I think the Bears , with the Lions and Vikings close behind, won FA handily*

*for the Packers

Meier

I'm glad the Bucs are at least currently holding strong on that 1st round pick. Revis is probably worth it but you have to show some mettle. If we throw $16m at him, I expect him to flop. :( It'd be fitting for the Bucs.

lulz, Boldin just said that the way he found out he was traded was by random kids in Africa congradulating him on moving to the niners.

dat Baltimore loyalty

I'm glad the Bucs are at least currently holding strong on that 1st round pick. Revis is probably worth it but you have to show some mettle. If we throw $16m at him, I expect him to flop. :( It'd be fitting for the Bucs.

I wonder if the Bucs wont part with their 1st if the Jets would come back to the Eagles. It sounds like things fell apart between the teams because the Eagles refused to higher then a 2nd.

bionic77

lulz, Boldin just said that the way he found out he was traded was by random kids in Africa congradulating him on moving to the niners.

dat Baltimore loyalty
Speaking of loyalty, have the Pats ever show any player other than Tom Brady loyalty?

I am loving the bitter tears of Pats following the dismissal of one of their most effective players.

Apparently the Dolphins would really like to keep Long around:

The Dolphins, meanwhile, remain hopeful they can get Long back. They have discussed contract details with Long's representation multiple times. They see Long taking trips as a way to set the market for his worth.

Long returning remains so important, the club was worried a tweet from Bryant McKinnie announcing he was on a plane to South Florida would be interpreted as him visiting the Dolphins and that would upset Long.

So the club made clear that no visit from McKinnie was scheduled so Long might not get upset and move on.
I'd like to see him stay, injury history and all. It's risky but if the guy can stay healthy I still think he can be a great LT and it would be nice to have a little more security there.

bionic77

Why do I see Dolphins avatars all over GAF and yet none of them post in here?
Because we actually know how bad the Dolphins are.

The rest of GAF might actually think they are respectable.

Anyone here have any opinions on a good playset for toddlers?

There are so many fucking options. I want something that my kids can use until maybe 4 and then we can upgrade to something larger.

11vJVs.Em.56.jpeg

03-30-26_smiling-ben_original.jpg

eznark

Banned

Anyone here have any opinions on a good playset for toddlers?

There are so many fucking options. I want something that my kids can use until maybe 4 and then we can upgrade to something larger.

If you mean outdoor swing set type things, I have a cool system from Rainbow Playsets I think the name of the company is. They are even slightly modular so you can upgrade as the kids get older.

I did build it myself but you can pay for them to assemble it.

bionic77

If you mean outdoor swing set type things, I have a cool system from Rainbow Playsets I think the name of the company is. They are even slightly modular so you can upgrade as the kids get older.

I did build it myself but you can pay for them to assemble it.
Thanks. Yeah we meant an outdoor playset with swings, slides, etc.

Will check out the Rainbow thing.

We are willing to give up Ben (at least I am) for Tebow and some draft picks.
Haha, that would be great.

I won't lose any sleep over Wallace leaving. Especially not at that price...
I don't blame you, I don't think any other team could justify paying him that much besides the Dolphins (and I won't deny that they probably overpaid him but we'll see). The only thing I'd be worried about as a Steelers fan is how much less effective that offense will be without him, but at that price the only smart option for the Steelers was to let him go.

Gunsmithx

Apparently the Dolphins would really like to keep Long around:

I'd like to see him stay, injury history and all. It's risky but if the guy can stay healthy I still think he can be a great LT and it would be nice to have a little more security there.

I'm not surprised, I don't know too many people that didn't want long just not at like 12 million a year. From everything I understand it's basically STL vs MIA and thats it, and there's talk that long may have a handshake to let the phins match.

If we can get long back at our price then Ireland really read the market right and there's word we might even get S.smith back cause he's not going to get nearly what he thought he was worth.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If Arians was still in Pittsburgh, the Wallace loss would be much more painful. Haley isn't reliant on chucking it deep every other play.

bionic77

Haha, that would be great.

I don't blame you, I don't think any other team could justify paying him that much besides the Dolphins (and I won't deny that they probably overpaid him but we'll see). The only thing I'd be worried about as a Steelers fan is how much less effective that offense will be without him, but at that price the only smart option for the Steelers was to let him go.
Wallace did not play well last year and the offense was fine until Ben got hurt.

They have a bunch of options. Very high quality.

Other recommendation would be to go to the Amish.
I was just looking at it. That stuff is as good as what you see at a park.

We were thinking of something more for little kids. Probably want to start with something cheap and plastic and then upgrade to wood/metal in another year or two when they are ready for it.

Pretty sure the Amish don't believe in slides and swings. They involve physics and forces that they don't believe in.

Wes

venison crêpe
tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500.gif

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Sounds like tight end Fred Davis is down to two teams: The #Redskins and the #Browns are very interested in signing him. He's healthy now

eznark

Banned
Wallace did not play well last year and the offense was fine until Ben got hurt.

I was just looking at it. That stuff is as good as what you see at a park.

We were thinking of something more for little kids. Probably want to start with something cheap and plastic and then upgrade to wood/metal in another year or two when they are ready for it.

Pretty sure the Amish don't believe in slides and swings. They involve physics and forces that they don't believe in.

Go big or go home. My daughter is younger than your kids and those are what we have. She's been playing on them for a year now no problem. She even climbs the rock wall. Of course, my kids are surely superior to yours.

effzee

Nnamdi better take whatever offer we give him... Lest he get takeo spikes'd and never taste the playoffs

I think he will. Eagles still owe him $4 million even after cutting him. Anything he gets this year should be more than enough and if he proves himself again I am sure he can get one more good contract.

Plus he has the Kroll show to fall back on.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500.gif

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Sounds like tight end Fred Davis is down to two teams: The #Redskins and the #Browns are very interested in signing him. He's healthy now

Buddy of mine is fuming about it. Redskins fan and doesn't want to lose anything to the Browns. :D

You keep saying this but Wallace still led the team in yards receiving and was tied for most TD's with Heath. He had a bad year relative to his past two but no one else on the team was better. I know Ben spread the ball around a lot last year but you act like Wallace didn't do anything for the team. Plus, his speed and the attention he demands probably helped more than it might have seemed.

bionic77

Wilfork
Mankins
As someone else pointed out, Mankins held out for more money and I think the Pats franchised him (which pissed him off, this was in the early days of the franchise tag).

I don't remember anything about Wilfork other than him being fat. How exactly were the Pats loyal to him?

mr2xxx

Banned
Another guy taking taking a Paycut for the Skins. First Moss, Carriker, and now Merriweather, Bruce is doing a great job with cap so far. Hopefully it allows us to get a corner and keep Fred Davis.

Tarik El-Bashir of CSNWashington.com reports that safety Brandon Meriweather has agreed to a pay cut that gives the cap-strapped ‘Skins some more breathing room. Meriweather was set to make $2.45 million in 2013, but has agreed to reduce his salary to $1.2 million instead. That reduces his cap hit from $2.9 million to $1.65 million.

Buddy of mine is fuming about it. Redskins fan and doesn't want to lose anything to the Browns. :D

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

LevelNth

Banned
I don't mind Sando at times at ESPN with his NFC West blog, but like all of them there (I'm looking at you Ashley Fox) it's hysterical just how clueless they are about football sometimes.

The latest is this nonsense about the Niners signing Glenn Dorsey, how well he fits a 4-3, and whether that means a scheme change for a team that's tied up its two ILB's.

How do they not realize the Niners run a 4-2 and 4-1 in their nickel and dime packages EXCLUSIVELY, with McDonald and Smith inside at DT... the exact spot Dorsey is well suited to for a rotational sub-in.

MechDX

Kelli Johnson ‏@kjohnsoncsn
Sources close 2 Ed Reed tell me, Reed is very serious about coming to Houston.. He wants to join the Texans! Leaving Baltimore not an issue

I don't know how to feel.

On one hand its Ed Reed! On the other hand its Ed Reed!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't mind Sando at times at ESPN with his NFC West blog, but like all of them there (I'm looking at you Ashley Fox) it's hysterical just how clueless they are about football sometimes.

The latest is this nonsense about the Niners signing Glenn Dorsey, how well he fits a 4-3, and whether that means a scheme change for a team that's tied up its two ILB's.

How do they not realize the Niners run a 4-2 and 4-1 in their nickel and dime packages EXCLUSIVELY, with McDonald and Smith inside at DT... the exact spot Dorsey is well suited to for a rotational sub-in.

The Niners run 2-4 and 2-3 in their nickel and dime packages. It all depends on how you count people. Do you count them as their official positions dictate or how they line up?

Top Bottom