• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

mr2xxx

Banned
Patriots do anything?

Signed this guy
cast.jpg

MechDX

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider
Hearing Ed Reed is looking for at least $6 million per year. Texans could get within that striking range. They are very serious about him

6 million? No! for the love of Tebow!

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
I may have missed 1 but I can't remember GM Rick Smith going on Bob McNair's private jet to pick up a FA like he is Ed Reed

4 hrs Drew Dougherty Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
RT @HoustonTexans: Wheels up! GM Rick Smith is on his way to pick up free agent S Ed Reed in #Texans chairman & CEO Bob McNair's private jet

Retweeted by John McClain

.....I have no words...if this signing is complemented with another signing I would be ok with it but I just cant see why spend that money on an aging vet. I get the whole "leadership" ideal but damn.

Colasante

Day 3 and the patriots still have yet to do anything to fix their defense.

There's some weird collusion going on in the cornerback market with these owners. No one is paying anything to force the player's prices to go down. Once the market is set they should all start signing quickly. Hopefully that happens today.

Wes

venison crêpe
Geno Smith had a good Pro Day.

Thursday's pro day was attended by 28 of 32 NFL teams. "The Eagles worked out Smith earlier in the week and ran him through an unrehearsed, full-scale passing workout that exceeded 80 throws. Bills general manager Buddy Nix was present as were high-ranking reps for the Chiefs (No. 1), Jaguars (No. 2), Raiders (No. 3), Browns (6) and Cardinals (7), among others."

I seriously don't think there's any way the Lions don't sit atop the NFC North this year. What fucking incredible pickups in FA. Reggie is gonna tear shit up...

"It's a running back's dream," Bush, 28, told the media Wednesday, after signing a four-year free-agent deal to be the latest cog in the Lions' yardage machine. "It's the first thing we talked about when we watched the film and saw those safeties deep and those safeties rolling over, double-covering Calvin Johnson. It's a running back's dream."

Fuck off GB

effzee

Geno Smith had a good Pro Day.

Thursday's pro day was attended by 28 of 32 NFL teams. "The Eagles worked out Smith earlier in the week and ran him through an unrehearsed, full-scale passing workout that exceeded 80 throws. Bills general manager Buddy Nix was present as were high-ranking reps for the Chiefs (No. 1), Jaguars (No. 2), Raiders (No. 3), Browns (6) and Cardinals (7), among others."

We can't be drafting him. Not at 4.

But then again apparently Lurie attended the private workout on Monday along with the GM and coach.

Getting a bad feeling about this.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I seriously don't think there's any way the Lions don't sit atop the NFC North this year. What fucking incredible pickups in FA. Reggie is gonna tear shit up...

"It's a running back's dream," Bush, 28, told the media Wednesday, after signing a four-year free-agent deal to be the latest cog in the Lions' yardage machine. "It's the first thing we talked about when we watched the film and saw those safeties deep and those safeties rolling over, double-covering Calvin Johnson. It's a running back's dream."

Fuck off GB

Reggie Bush is worth 7 wins?

:jnc

Dragon

Banned

Fuck off GB

Yeah your defense is incredible. Fraudgers won't throw for 800 yards in the two games against Detroit this coming year.

But then again apparently Lurie attended the private workout on Monday along with the GM and coach.

He doesn't make it past the Bills. It's obvious Nix is scrambling to do something at QB. Especially now that Fitz is gone. The only question is whether the Eagles, Raiders or Jags beat him to Smith.

I don't think the Eagles have much if any intention to draft him but I could be wrong. Raiders or Bills seems to be the most likely...

Eagles are going to trade back to like 8, and pick up an extra 3rd and then grab EJ in the 2nd/3rd depending how things work out.

Godslay

Banned
Hmmm I just read that Nnamdi is getting 4m from the Eagles this year regardless... I wonder if he'll take a super low ball 1-yr contract on a contender just to prove he's still got it.

Seattle has Sherman, why would they want Nnamdi?

Yeah why be patient now. That's why for them Welker makes so much more sense than Amendola would have.

They have to win it now. This might be Manning's last season.

Could be anyone's last season. It's a five year deal (4 remaining), and Elway is layering it so that everything isn't entirely front loaded. None of these deals are breaking the bank.

If they sign Seymour, I'm flying out to Denver and punch Elway.

I doubt they'll sign Seymour. I just don't see it but could very well be wrong.

Draxal

I don't think you're going to draft him, but you also needed to be there to know his value in any trade discussions.

Top Bottom