• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

So Walden thought he got 4m guaranteed, but it was actually 8m. Okay now THAT is a fucking stupid deal. He got more than he thought he was getting is so moronic on so many levels

Dragon

Banned
Very sure. Reggie is gonna go off for around 1800 total yards. He's a dynamic talent with plenty of life left in those legs despite being 28. Got a new safety in Quin, a new DL in Jason Jones, and resigned Chris Houston. Only maybe Seattle had as good of an off-season as this team simply because Percy Harvin is unstoppable.

1800 yards huh? Doubtful considering how often the Lions pass the ball. He's not exactly a dynamic ball catcher.

squicken

Vontae Davis tweeted that Sean Smith was going to KC a week before free agency (clear tampering) ... and Smith ends up in KC after all the denials

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Very sure. Reggie is gonna go off for around 1800 total yards. He's a dynamic talent with plenty of life left in those legs despite being 28. Got a new safety in Quin, a new DL in Jason Jones, and resigned Chris Houston. Only maybe Seattle had as good of an off-season as this team simply because Percy Harvin is unstoppable.

Jim Schwartz is still our coach. It negates everything.

amwjoo-ceaakuc32.0_standard_500.0.jpg

lol

Striker

We'll find out later year, it's most likely a paycut though as Webster's paycut was reported as a restructure initially as well.
Jenny Vrentas @JennyVrentas
Per @Record_Tara, David Diehl has agreed to a pay cut to return to the Giants. His base salary was $4.475M with $6.9M cap number. #nyg

Welp.

MechDX

Brent Harris‏@BrentCSN
Texans putting full court press on Ed Reed... Want him to take physical and sign before he leaves Houston. #RavensTalk

Kelli Johnson (@kjohnsoncsn)
Again sources close 2 Ed Reed last night told me he wants to come to Houston! Texans are his top choice..

Oh gawd dammit! Gary and Ed just need to start making out at this point

BigAT

jags.gif

1800 yards huh? Doubtful considering how often the Lions pass the ball. He's not exactly a dynamic ball catcher.

He's got to be including return yards in that total. Even granting that, it's still a ridiculously stupid proclamation.

PFF said:
Early word in league circles on the Sean Smith contract: $5 million average, same as Derek Cox. Trying to confirm.

So the market has been set. Time to sign Talib now! He should be priority number 1, as much as it pains to say it, they should try to sign him before looking at Vollmer.

Little Pats cap update:

Rapsheet said:
CBA Appeals Ruling: #Patriots can recover $2.5M bonus they paid Jonathan Fanene in '12. He made "inaccurate" medical disclosures in physical

More money to spend on nothing.

squicken

I was at opening day when Mitch Williams blew a save and the fans booed him and he was out of baseball by the summer. Feels like I should go to Reliant opening day to catch Ed Reed

Cagey

Banned
I need to stop discussing David Diehl on BBI. It's like talking to people stuck in 1950s nostalgia mode on how to build a roster. Nothing but warm and fuzzy feelings and intangibles and WHO GIVES A SHIT HOW LUNCHPAIL WARRIOR TRUE GIANT HE IS, HE'S AWFUL.

Yes it makes me mad tho. Visions of a six point halftime swing against a listless Steelers team.

Dragon

Banned
You're probably trolling me but just in case... Reggie Bush not a dynamic ball catcher? The fuck

Are you like just remembering his first year in NO or something? His numbers have gone down pretty much every season since then. Last year he caught 35 passes out of the backfield on a team starved for receivers. He's not a dynamic ball catcher.

BigAT

I need to stop discussing David Diehl on BBI. It's like talking to people stuck in 1950s nostalgia mode on how to build a roster. Nothing but warm and fuzzy feelings and intangibles and WHO GIVES A SHIT HOW LUNCHPAIL WARRIOR TRUE GIANT HE IS, HE'S AWFUL.

Yes it makes me mad tho. Visions of a six point halftime swing against a listless Steelers team.

But I met him at a bar and got to shake his hand and touch the Super Bowl ring!

Two weeks later he got his DUI...

Draxal

Dumb question for all fans of all teams.

The New York Giants work the reporters really well, and always had a guy they leaked information to. Previously it was Vinny DiTrani of the Bergen Record, but now it looks like it's Paul Dottino who works for WFAN since DiTrani retired.

Do all the teams have a specific reporter that they leak all the stuff they want to?

That escalated quickly. You must really despise me to go from that post to an account ban bet. Who the fuck are you, anyway. I barely post in here or NeoGAF in general. Suck my hairy lion dick.

Remember that time you threw a fit and wanted to see birth certificates from people in NFL gaf while crying like a baby cause your team is ass? Remember when you disappeared for long periods of time because your 25 years of NFL watching betrayed you and your garbage ass predictions blew up in your face? Remember that time you started a thread about a girl looking at you in class, you pathetic virgin fuck?

squicken

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
Jets have reportedly discussed adding Kevin Kolb once he's released by the Cardinals. Could be the Week 1 starter

The New York Giants work the reporters really well, and always had a guy they leaked information to. Previously it was Vinny DiTrani of the Bergen Record, but now it looks like it's Paul Dottino who works for WFAN since DiTrani retired.

Do all the teams have a specific reporter that they leak all the stuff they want to?

Fisher has national media types that he leaks stuff to. STL is small town so there's no point leaking stuff to the locals. Local media needs the team more than the team needs them, so they do what they're told

Are you like just remembering his first year in NO or something? His numbers have gone down pretty much every season since then. Last year he caught 35 passes out of the backfield on a team starved for receivers. He's not a dynamic ball catcher.

They had nobody on Miami. Everyone just keyed on stopping Reggie. This Lions situation is a lot like that Saints team... compare their offenses. Both score lots of points and rack up a ton of yards, Stafford's had b2b ~5k yard seasons, same with Brees. Reggie will catch 70+ balls this year, I guarantee it.

Dragon

Banned
Remember that time you threw a fit and wanted to see birth certificates from people in NFL gaf while crying like a baby cause your team is ass? Remember when you disappeared for long periods of time because your 25 years of NFL watching betrayed you and your garbage ass predictions blew up in your face? Remember that time you started a thread about a girl looking at you in class, you pathetic virgin fuck?

Shit is getting real in here.

BigAT

deandreohmy.gif

He's got to be including return yards in that total. Even granting that, it's still a ridiculously stupid proclamation.
Past two seasons Reggie's had 1400 and 1300 total yards on a team with a horrible offense, virtually no passing game. He's gonna blow up in Detroit, 1800+ with 70+ receptions is my prediction.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
Jets have reportedly discussed adding Kevin Kolb once he's released by the Cardinals. Could be the Week 1 starter

As poorly as Kolb played with the Cards he will be better then Sanchez and should be better then the corpse of Garrard.

We just need a full page of reaction gifs.

tumblr_m6c8it9EXL1r2828g.gif

Colasante

Now Keenan Lewis seems to be signing with the Saints. The cornerback market is coming together. Aqib Talib, Brent Grimes, and Nnamdi Asomugha are the best CBs remaining, although Nnamdi seems headed to San Francisco.

squicken

@evansilva: Adam Schefter on SportsCenter: "It sounds like Minnesota is the favorite right now to get Matt Cassel.

Is it appropriate to use the word "favorite" in that context?

MechDX

Lol no. Texans remove your credentials if you leak anything or say anything remotely negative.

DAMN!!!! I like you mastershake.

BigAT

Past two seasons Reggie's had 1400 and 1300 total yards on a team with a horrible offense, virtually no passing game. He's gonna blow up in Detroit, 1800+ with 70+ receptions is my prediction.

Bush has never even had a season of 1400 total yards of offense in his 7-year career. You think he is suddenly going to have more than a 30% increase over his career best because he joined the fucking Lions? Yes, that is the very definition of a stupid prediction.

Top Bottom