• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

mr2xxx

Banned
Remember that time you threw a fit and wanted to see birth certificates from people in NFL gaf while crying like a baby cause your team is ass? Remember when you disappeared for long periods of time because your 25 years of NFL watching betrayed you and your garbage ass predictions blew up in your face? Remember that time you started a thread about a girl looking at you in class, you pathetic virgin fuck?

tumblr_miekocjy0K1rkr44ao1_250.gif

Dragon

Banned
Like putting Bush up there at 1800 yards from scrimmage is in the Ray Rice territory. He's simply not as good and he's not on a team that's gonna be able to give him the amount of touches necessary.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Remember that time you threw a fit and wanted to see birth certificates from people in NFL gaf while crying like a baby cause your team is ass? Remember when you disappeared for long periods of time because your 25 years of NFL watching betrayed you and your garbage ass predictions blew up in your face? Remember that time you started a thread about a girl looking at you in class, you pathetic virgin fuck?

Rxnt3RK.gif

BigAT

He had 1382 total yards in 2011-2012 and missed a game.

What's your point? They don't add statistics on to player's totals because of missed games. He's never had 1400 yards.

Thanks for the reminder the Bush is brittle as hell though. In seven seasons, he has had a full 16-game season only once and that was in his rookie year. None since then. It just makes your 1800 yard prediction look even worse.

Like putting Bush up there at 1800 yards from scrimmage is in the Ray Rice territory. He's simply not as good and he's not on a team that's gonna be able to give him the amount of touches necessary.

Jahvid Best was on pace for 1808 total yards in the 2011-2012 season. Got anything else, genius?

I just... I mean... ugh. This being a Lions fan thing keeps getting tougher on this board

Le sigh
Do you believe Reggie Bush is going to put up 1800 yards? If not, you're good my man. The Bush signing was good for the money you paid for him but I highly doubt you have ridiculous expectations of what he's going to do.

Colasante

The Sean Smith numbers are absolutely crazy compared to the Carr and Finnegan contracts signed last offseason. Even if he's not in there league he was the number one target. I think I buy Mike Florio's conspiracy theory about collusion to drive prices down.

I just... I mean... ugh. This being a Lions fan thing keeps getting tougher on this board

Le sigh

I didn't know you speak French! Sophisticated Lions fan!

I will personally throw a battery at anyone that doesnt vote the Eagles #1 in the NFL BCS this year.

You Eagles fans and your violence ;)

Jahvid Best was on pace for 1808 total yards in the 2011-2012 season. Got anything else, genius?

Reggie Bush isn't as good as Jahvid Best was.

Sean Smith numbers for those interested:

Seems cheap, Pats better sign Talib if that all it takes to get a solid CB.

The Sean Smith numbers are absolutely crazy compared to the Carr and Finnegan contracts signed last offseason. Even if he's not in there league he was the number one target. I think I buy Mike Florio's conspiracy theory about collusion to drive prices down.
The number of CB's flooding the market is another factor. There's a metric ton of veteran FA's out there that could fill spots. It doesn't make much sense to overspend right now.

An elite pass-catching back joining the league's most pass-happy offense, Bush is going to have a monster PPR ceiling in 2013. We would call Bush the favorite to lead all NFL running backs in receptions this season.

Bush was able to average 4.67 YPC in Miami over the last two seasons despite zero deep help. The biggest difference will be in the passing game, where the Lions use the short pass as an extension of their running attack. Jahvid Best was on pace to catch 73 passes in 2011 before another concussion derailed him.

Draxal

Btw, Ventras/Vacchiano/Garafolo says there's been no restructure to Diehl yet. I bet you the Giants are going to force him to take close to the min.

Colasante

The number of CB's flooding the market is another factor. There's a metric ton of veteran FA's out there that could fill spots. It doesn't make much sense to overspend right now.

That's true, and I guess it doesn't help that the two teams who are usually the splashiest spenders in the Redskins and Cowboys both have cap sanctions against them. Usually there's one dumb GM out there who throws caution to the wind and overspends, but aside from Wallace that hasn't really happened this year.

Kacar

It seems the Browns and Lombardi are still trying to work through a trade for Mallet, although none of it would come through till draft day apparently.

They are saying the asking price is at least a 2nd, but we don't have 2nd this year so it would end up being a 3rd this year and our 2nd next year. I think the price is too high for someone who has never even played in the NFL.

I'm more interested in CB news but it doesn't seem like the browns are in the race for any of the top ones left.

Edit: Browns and Redskins are the 2 teams pursuing fred Davis pretty hard. Per Adam Schefter.

Heavy getting blown the fuck up lol. Good shit.

I really don't want Woodson on my team damnit. I hope he's asking for too much.

Not really. That guy apparently has a diary of all my posts yet I don't know who he is. Says a lot. His replies were filled with vitriol and bitterness (bringing up post history is always a tell-tale sign of this behavior) and he'll probably remember this exchange for months to come, while it will have left my memory a few minutes after logging off today. Who's the real winner here?

jmdajr

farooq-wwe-damn.gif

MechDX

That's true, and I guess it doesn't help that the two teams who are usually the splashiest spenders in the Redskins and Cowboys both have cap sanctions against them. Usually there's one dumb GM out there who throws caution to the wind and overspends, but aside from Wallace that hasn't really happened this year.

400-rick-smith-09.jpg

Give him a couple more hours

Cagey

Banned
I only know Heavy from his WrassleGAF post about not washing his balls for a few days, then relenting and washing his balls in a god damn sink.

I guess he's everywhere.

Not really. That guy apparently has a diary of all my posts yet I don't know who he is. Says a lot. His replies were filled with vitriol and bitterness (bringing up post history is always a tell-tale sign of this behavior) and he'll probably remember this exchange for months to come, while it will have left my memory a few minutes after logging off today. Who's the real winner here?

Not you obviously.

jmdajr

I'm ok with Ed Reed. You don't want to go Kareem Jackson with the Safety position.
Yeah draft one, but don't make him the starter.

Saying all that, Kareem has gotten a lot better. But fuck, year 1 was a disaster.

Now. Will the Texans trade up for WR?

edit:
2009 Draft wasn't bad.

1/15 Brian Cushing Linebacker Southern California
2/46 Connor Barwin Defensive end Cincinnati
3/77 Antoine Caldwell Center Alabama
4/112 Glover Quin Cornerback New Mexico
4/122 (from Minnesota) Anthony Hill Tight end North Carolina State
5/152 James Casey Tight end Rice
6/188 Brice McCain Cornerback Utah
7/223 Troy Nolan Safety Arizona State

Draxal

Defiantly would love @AhmadBradshaw on our team #SteelersNation

That's from Antonio Brown, who's a pretty defiant individual.

Not you.

Edit: Nice Duff

sans_pants

avec_pénis
It seems the Browns and Lombardi are still trying to work through a trade for Mallet, although none of it would come through till draft day apparently.

They are saying the asking price is at least a 2nd, but we don't have 2nd this year so it would end up being a 3rd this year and our 2nd next year. I think the price is too high for someone who has never even played in the NFL.

I'm more interested in CB news but it doesn't seem like the browns are in the race for any of the top ones left.

Edit: Browns and Redskins are the 2 teams pursuing fred Davis pretty hard. Per Adam Schefter.

gonna be so pissed when they trade for mallet. burns up all the good will they have been gaining this FA period

Top Bottom