• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

eznark

Banned
Yeah I got that confused with the peel back proposal. Twitter says rule aimed at what got the Pats RB knocked out in the playoffs last year. Apparently Peterson is a big offender currently.

League also going to enforce leg pads, as well as poor field conditions

Can't wait to hear NFLPA PLAYER SAFETY clowns bitch and moan about having to wear those leg pads.

Quikies83

Watch out NFC North, Cassel will throw for 5000 yards now that he's on the Li- I mean Vikings.

Never forget

Matt-Cassel-Celebration-Fail.gif

This after he had just thrown a interception on a screen pass... very tough to do.

3032499_o.gif

Greg

Yeah I got that confused with the peel back proposal. Twitter says rule aimed at what got the Pats RB knocked out in the playoffs last year. Apparently Peterson is a big offender currently.

League also going to enforce leg pads, as well as poor field conditions
1AheXRZ.png

squicken

Just to clarify, since some Tweets weren't clear

--Player safety: Offensive players will not be allowed to block low when going toward their own end lines in the tackle box. Can’t go low when peeling back anywhere on the field.

--Player safety: Initiating contact with the crown of the helmet is a foul if the runner or tackler delivers a forceable blow against his opponent when both players are outside the tackle box.

eznark

Banned
But the draft is free and the combine will cost money starting next year. I used to love going to the draft so much. It really is a fun experience.

Don't you have to get there super early to get in? We were going to go when I was living in Boston but it seemed like a giant pain in the ass.

I'd rather just pay $10 and know I am in.

The Schwartz Retard rule has been eliminated as well.

Uh...

Brandon Graham - 6'2", 268 lbs

Osi Umenyiora - 6'3", 255 lbs

Okay, Osi was drafted back in 2003. I guess that either the Giants have changed the philosophy towards DEs since then, or maybe DEs in general have gotten bigger in the last 10 years. Not sure what to tell you, but I never heard a single report that had the Eagles interested in JPP, or the Giants interested in Graham.

eznark

Banned
If you don't have a timeout or a challenge left, throwing a flag will be 15 yards. Only case of a 15-yard penalty. (Good for Jim Schwartz)

Sounds like the no time out running play from the goal line at the end of a half is back. Can't wait to see this abused.

Don't you have to get there super early to get in? We were going to go when I was living in Boston but it seemed like a giant pain in the ass.

I'd rather just pay $10 and know I am in.

The Schwartz Retard rule has been eliminated as well.

yeah they give out passes super early, like 7:00 am to people on a first come first serve basis.

Okay, Osi was drafted back in 2003. I guess that either the Giants have changed the philosophy towards DEs since then, or maybe DEs in general have gotten bigger in the last 10 years. Not sure what to tell you, but I never heard a single report that had the Eagles interested in JPP, or the Giants interested in Graham.
I only remember the Titans being super pissed the Giants grabbed JPP. They were apparently all in on him and wanted him badly. They had to settle for Derrick Morgan with the pick right after....

Wes

venison crêpe
Browns need to sign Aqib Talib. I don't want to go into the draft with only Haden. Fred Davis would be nice too.

I doubt we get Talib. I think the CB we'll end up with is Captain Munnerlyn. Realy hoping Davis does join though.

I only remember the Titans being super pissed the Giants grabbed JPP. They were apparently all in on him and wanted him badly. They had to settle for Derrick Morgan...

Yeah I remeber that to. He has had the same type of problems that Graham had, an injury in his rookie year and then trouble recovering from it. He had a solid season last year though.

beast786

Remember that time you threw a fit and wanted to see birth certificates from people in NFL gaf while crying like a baby cause your team is ass? Remember when you disappeared for long periods of time because your 25 years of NFL watching betrayed you and your garbage ass predictions blew up in your face? Remember that time you started a thread about a girl looking at you in class, you pathetic virgin fuck?

yap_yap_yap.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Suh had a good run:

Enjoy your last year with your "greatest core in football history" Kas.

I'm not sure how the finances of Suh will work in the future but I am worried about Suh being a Lion for life (because of money only, not because of the city/organization).

When he becomes a UFA in 2014 he will probably command one of the highest contracts for any defensive player in NFL history, and unlike an Albert Haynesworth he actually has work ethic. We have him for at least the next two seasons so I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

It's certainty a great time to be a Lions fan. We also have the #5, #36 and #65 picks in the draft to build some depth at certain positions.

Draxal

What the hell are you talking about? The Giants never go for undersized DEs, while under Reid the Eagles were always going for guys like that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5105949

The Giants were definitely looking at Graham, and we were more stable in the left end than the right end position (you can go undersized for the right end where Osi plays). I think they also wanted McDougle the year we got William Joseph, but Philly beat them to the punch (both ended up sucking horribly though).

You also had Mathias Kiwianuka drafted at 262 lbs.

Remember, all this talk is smokescreen. We never truly know what happens.

Cassell to Vikings to compete for a starting job:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Matt Cassel expected to compete for Vikings starting QB job. Now en route to Vikings facility for physical after agreement, per @JayGlazer

bionic77

I'm not sure how the finances of Suh will work in the future but I am worried about Suh being a Lion for life (because of money only, not because of the city/organization).

When he becomes a UFA in 2014 he will probably command one of the highest contracts for any defensive player in NFL history, and unlike an Albert Haynesworth he actually has work ethic. We have him for at least the next two seasons so I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

It's certainty a great time to be a Lions fan. We also have the #5, #36 and #65 picks in the draft to build some depth at certain positions.
Besides being fat and underperforming don't Suh and Haynesworth also have one other habit/feature in common?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Holy shit that Heavy dude got roasted, eviscerated and all around other nasty thangs.

Welcome to the deepest, darkest levels of the shame circle brah.

squicken

@AdamSchefter: Matt Cassel expected to compete for Vikings starting QB job.

Better than Joe Webb. Probably

edit: FV!!

Delmas signed w/SF

effzee

Cassell to Vikings to compete for a starting job:

LOL wtf? Cassel v Ponder? What a boring ass competition. And who does the winner throw the ball to? Just earns the honor to hand off the ball to AP?

I get that the Vikings are trying to build the smart way though the draft but they won't go anywhere until they get an actual QB.

eznark

Banned
LOL wtf? Cassel v Ponder? What a boring ass competition. And who does the winner throw the ball to? Just earns the honor to hand off the ball to AP?

I get that the Vikings are trying to build the smart way though the draft but they won't go anywhere until they get an actual QB.

They are just biding their time until the Packers cut Rodgers

Yeah but you are getting Kolb over Cassell. Cassell probably to Vikes

When teams lose, the bad behavior usually comes out. But I do agree that the Lions had a toxic mix there. I'm just not sure how much Suh isn't part of that. He had lots of enemies at NEB. He's very clever. Presents a good image in commercials and media appearances. Gives to charity.

But you look at the way he acts with all his traffic incidents. He thinks rules don't apply to him. All the nice stuff is a facade. In summation, I'm not saying he's a serial killer, I'm just saying I'm not sure he isn't

Suh is one of the most delusional people I've witnessed in awhile; he'd fit in better on the Detroit City Council than the Lions. Everything he says and does within the media feels planned and choreographed, and when he's thrown off (ie the stomp incident) he doesn't know how to respond. After that Thanksgiving game he seemed genuinely upset the Detroit media wasn't supporting him, and quickly moved them onto his shit list; he also stopped doing a weekly radio interview due to being asked tough questions on it. When things don't go as planned his true self comes out.

I'm glad he reconstructed his contract but can't help but think this is just him auditioning for his next team/city; there's no way he re-signs with Detroit. I wish we'd just trade him for picks. I'm convinced he'll have a huge year this season but it'll simply be for show/FA.

Talon

Remember that time you threw a fit and wanted to see birth certificates from people in NFL gaf while crying like a baby cause your team is ass? Remember when you disappeared for long periods of time because your 25 years of NFL watching betrayed you and your garbage ass predictions blew up in your face? Remember that time you started a thread about a girl looking at you in class, you pathetic virgin fuck?
damn-damn-damn-james-o.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
if we swap firsts for mallet im gonna burn something down

The mooted Mallett trade was for a second rounder + a later pick. Problem is we don't have a second rounder at the moment - we'd only get one via a trade down. Hence why the trade could only have happened in April.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
The mooted Mallett trade was for a second rounder + a later pick. Problem is we don't have a second rounder at the moment - we'd only get one via a trade down. Hence why the trade could only have happened in April.

isnt mallet essentially a younger version of weeds?

Top Bottom