• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

cdyhybrid

Does a player still get suspended for testing for weed even if it's legal in their state? Legal or not it goes against the banned substance stuff in the CBA, right?
I was under the impression that the pro leagues and the NCAA still don't allow it. But it's probably easy to avoid testing positive.

jakncoke

Banned
Does a player still get suspended for testing for weed even if it's legal in their state? Legal or not it goes against the banned substance stuff in the CBA, right?

Im sure NFL can still suspend for it because its in their CBA and they'll pull a well its in our CBA and still federally illegal if any player tryed to pull well i smoked in Colorado and Washington.

cajunator

Banned
That poor deluded fool. All he will get is bounties and oxy.

He'll definitely help that defense. :(

I'm glad he will, because damn, we need it!

Its like we saw the Houston defense a years back and said "shit we can fuck up worse than that!" It was nostalgic, like seeing Jason David on the field again. Saints really need naturally talented players on defense. especially from former teams that are known for it. Yall were #1 against the pass last year I think. Even a piece of that defense is fine.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox3182
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings - BannedEpisode
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle - BannedEpisode
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

Rules for NFL Mock Draft 2013 (If i'm forgetting anything or you have questions, feel free to point them out.):

Fans of the team pick for their own team. If we don't get enough of those, then we pick other people to fill the slots.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Collaboration is encouraged. We're trying for an open dialog this year so debating in the thread is encouraged, however if your team is the secretive type feel free to take it to PMs.

Im a huge nintendo fan and yet not playing wiiU very much right now for that exact reason.
Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Zelda WW HD, Pikmin 3 where the fuck are you? I need something to actually play.

yep. a shame because the system is pretty cool. i'm not much of a graphics whore so it looks good to me and the system has a lot of potential for good games. nintendo should've planned this better!

i'm still pissed about rayman being delayed on wiiU for NO REASON!

p.s.

seachickens dream team :(

Mario Manningham has his salary cut:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/mario-manningham-takes-a-salary-cut/

49ers wide receiver Mario Manningham, who is recovering from torn anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments in his left knee, has had his 2013 salary cut from $3.6 million to $1.8 million, according to Jay Hurley of NinersNation.com (via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com).

Maiocco, who confirmed the salary cut, reports that $1.25 million of the $1.8 million is injury-guaranteed only. He also noted that the 49ers aren’t planning on having Manningham at the start of training camp after suffering the knee injuries on Dec. 23 in Seattle.

We know how well that works out.

Not saying the Hawks won't be good. The arrow is definitely pointing up but you know...

cajunator

Banned
yep. a shame because the system is pretty cool. i'm not much of a graphics whore so it looks good to me and the system has a lot of potential for good games. nintendo should've planned this better!

i'm still pissed about rayman being delayed on wiiU for NO REASON!

p.s.

I sincerely hope you wish us all to eat a bag of dicks soon and get over this humbling. Its not as fun :(

jbug617

Banned
Im a huge nintendo fan and yet not playing wiiU very much right now for that exact reason.
Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Zelda WW HD, Pikmin 3 where the fuck are you? I need something to actually play.

Monster Hunter next week. Hope some people will pick it up.

Kiryu

Have to imagine our 2nd round pick will go towards the OL or a corner at this point. Maybe a DT.
Or... Seahawks could be trading up our 2014 first round (Maybe 28-32th overall) and 2014 second round draft to get Desmond Trufant to keep Trufant family in Washington.

cajunator

Banned
I still cannot believe we actually landed Keenan Lewis.
About time we did something right. Its been nothing but shit news since last year.

I sincerely hope you wish us all to eat a bag of dicks soon and get over this humbling. Its not as fun :(

i was being sarcastic! not worried about the chickens at all. cheatin' pete isn't a good coach and will always be harbaughs bitch (he has a career 1-12 record against him), the seachickens overachieved last year and will come back down to earth.

let them sign all the free agents they want, it doesn't change anything!

cdyhybrid

Or... Seahawks could be trading up our 2014 first round (Maybe 28-32th overall) and 2014 second round draft to get Desmond Trufant to keep Trufant family in Washington.

Don't know how I'd feel about that. I think Tru is a very good player but I don't know if I'd be OK with trading a first to get him. And he'd only be playing in the nickel until we let Browner go (if we do let him go eventually).

cdyhybrid

People saying Bennett could slip inside on obvious passing downs and take over the role Jason Jones played last year as a pass-rushing DT.

Tom Penny

75060_10151517506148287_1427230654_n.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
I find it amazing that its up 40% month to month. Why??

Because it sold so shitty last month that even selling under 80k again led to a 40% month over month increase. Also there was a theory going on that scalpers inflated the December numbers and there was a lot returned or something making smaller than usual January numbers.

eznark

Banned
Because it sold so shitty last month that even selling under 80k again led to a 40% month over month increase. Also there was a theory going on that scalpers inflated the December numbers and there was a lot returned or something making smaller than usual January numbers.

That's fine but its still positive momentum in a month when literally nothing came out.

squicken

look how scared FMT ... you guys were in the SB last year!

Colts look so dumb. Went out and signed a bunch of guy who are 1/4 the players that Avril and Bennett are for 5 times the money

cajunator

Banned
Jonathan Casillas goes to the Bucs. He had potential but couldn't stay healthy. We need reliable contributors so its not a huge loss. I wish him luck though. Not against us of course. fuck the bucs.
Sorry SNES alts.

Top Bottom