• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

effzee

Proof that not all QB classes are created equally:

P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags
2007 NFL Draft QBs: JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Jordan Palmer, Troy Smith... Bad year for QBs.

Yikes, what an awful group. Other quarterbacks that were drafted but not even good enough to make that list: Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards, Isaiah Stanback, Jeff Rowe, Tyler Thigpen.

Could have had so many other players that year. But no Reid had to trade out of the first and then select Kolb.

McNabb must have been thinking WTF? I gotta go to work with Hank Baskett and Kevin Curtis?

brentech

Wrong. Boot time and performance is much quicker on 8.

Think I can use the "buy the upgrade version and edit registry to allow clean install" on the system. I actually do like the look and would like to give it a shot. I just don't feel like spending a bunch on it. Wish I was smart enough to get it when it was real cheap.

"Much" is an overstatement. I have both. Windows 7 boots up plenty fast on an SSD (less than 10 seconds). If you enjoy Metro and the OS modifications, go for it. I have no bone to pick with 8. As mentioned, I own it. It offers very little in the way of appreciable difference in game performance and it's done nothing to push me to scrap 7 as my primary OS. YMMV.

Think I can use the "buy the upgrade version and edit registry to allow clean install" on the system. I actually do like the look and would like to give it a shot. I just don't feel like spending a bunch on it. Wish I was smart enough to get it when it was real cheap.
If you want it badly enough, let me see what I can do. I have a friend that works for MS that got me mine for $25. If I can hook you up, I will. I'll PM you this weekend to let you know since I'm getting together with him.

Dragon

Banned

I don't think it's 30 bucks to upgrade any longer making it, at best, not necessary. Having to hack the OS to make it perform like a Desktop OS isn't that great either. I had to use Windows 8 for an app we were building for the Surface and that was the fucking worst.

brentech

If you want it badly enough, let me see what I can do. I have a friend that works for MS that got me mine for $25. If I can hook you up, I will. I'll PM you this weekend to let you know since I'm getting together with him.

That'd be cool, thanks. I'd like to give the OS a shot.

Godslay

Banned
I don't think it's 30 bucks to upgrade any longer making it, at best, not necessary. Having to hack the OS to make it perform like a Desktop OS isn't that great either. I had to use Windows 8 for an app we were building for the Surface and that was the fucking worst.

Biased. We know you are not fond of windows/MS Os/environments.

bluemax

Banned
Proof that not all QB classes are created equally:

P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags
2007 NFL Draft QBs: JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Jordan Palmer, Troy Smith... Bad year for QBs.

Yikes, what an awful group. Other quarterbacks that were drafted but not even good enough to make that list: Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards, Isaiah Stanback, Jeff Rowe, Tyler Thigpen.

Stanback turned into a WR for the Cowboys for awhile. Apparently he's on the Jaguars now, he's never played as a QB in the NFL.

Dragon

Banned
Biased. We know you are not fond of windows/MS Os/environments.

Okay ARI!

I use Windows 7 at home to game on my TV. Love that OS. I don't think that MS knew what they were doing with the Surface (evidenced by the sales) and 8 in general. The impetus to upgrade isn't there. It's unfortunate that 7 was so solid that it has XP disease.

squicken

Rams had issues with Delmas' knees and only offered him a one year deal. Mind you that only came out AFTER he didn't take their offer, but that's their spin

Dan Miller says Delmas is back on Deroit on a 2 year deal. I guess every other team in the league had some fucking common sense -_-

Haha I'm actually glad, I like Delmas. Stat wise one could certainly argue he isn't that productive but when I watch him on the field vs not on the field I see a considerable difference in our defense.

Our secondary definitely looks better now. Now if only Delmas can stay healthy...

Haha I'm actually glad, I like Delmas. Stat wise one could certainly argue he isn't that productive but when I watch him on the field vs not on the field I see a considerable difference in our defense.

Our secondary definitely looks better now. Now if only Delmas can stay healthy...

I think he is garbage. He takes bad angles and can't tackle. If the ball is in the air, its like he goes even more full retard than he already is. Maybe with Quin next to him it'll be better and he will surprise me, but I remain skeptical

Draxal

Big Twitter rumor that the Pats are going to make a huge trade.

Gronk for Diehl

But seriously, who do you're think they're targeting, BBI think it's Fitz.

Cagey

Banned
Big Twitter rumor that the Pats are going to make a huge trade.

Gronk for Diehl

But seriously, who do you're think they're targeting, BBI think it's Fitz.

Hah to be fair, it's total guesswork on the assumption that HUGE TRADE means something legitimately massive, and not

tumblr_lntvorzOyL1qm8vqso1_250.gif

Top Bottom