• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Colasante

How many did they have entering 2007? Talk about arbitrarily stupid comments.

It's fairly relevant though, only due to how complicated the offensive system seems to be for new receivers. I think they might do well to simplify it a little. They've prioritized familiarity with Brady over explosiveness for too long now. Hopefully they're done relying on the Deion Branches of the world.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I know the Packers don't traditionally make big FA moves but I think they should have. They better have a great draft or next season could be rough. It'll probably end in another playoff blow out.

squicken

Clicking on Jennings photo takes you to a Youtbe video of Randy Neuman doing Short People. Only photo on the page that was click-able

lol can't get over Dahl. SF window just closed. He's worth -8 wins. The anti-Harbaugh effect

You're forgeting about Buster, buster.

In all seriousness Skirne is fine in the nickel for me
Someone on the OBR said this about him lol
Buster Skrine is the anti-christ. Worst player ever.

Also heres a interesting read about nickel corners by Lombardi, it's alittle older though. I think about a year or 2, it's from Bill Simmons show I guess
ML: "I think the one other aspect of the NFL this season has been nickel runs. I think nickel runs, if you ask me to talk about the season, it is about nickel runs and how teams are ineffective against defending nickel runs. For instance, two weeks ago the Giants played the Browns, they were in a lot of nickel runs. The browns couldn’t stop them. Cincinnati came thinking they could run the football. They didn’t really try running out of nickel. They ran out of base, Cleveland stopped them. The fans said, "why didn’t we stop the Giants when they ran the ball?" Well, they ran the ball out of nickel and often times if you don’t have a guy who can play in the slot. A slot corner who can tackle, who can read, who is perceptive, got great instincts and who is tough and can tackle. You can't play nickel run. You don’t know how to fit on nickel runs and you don’t know where your force comes for nickel runs force. So, it becomes a real problem and this league right now, why New England has such an advantage is they get you into some nickel runs situations where you are not equipped to handle it and I think that is the tenue(sic) of the league. I think that is gonna be where this thing’s going is, how teams prepare for nickel runs and how much time you put preparing for it in your week of practice and training camps."

ML: "You are going to have to have a player who is a nickel corner, but he plays like a linebacker, but he can tackle, he can cover. Its almost to me, like if I ever got back in the league, it would be a position that would be more valuable than Middle Linebacker.

BS: "You think the Fullback position is done?"
ML: Oh, its horrible, I mean Cleveland puts Macic(sic) on the field its like they’re playing with ten. I mean, when the Jets put Connor on the field, they’re playing with ten. I mean, it’s a joke but, the reality of it is, when they spread you out, you better know how to fit those runs and when I mean fit ,you have to know where the force is and you have got to be able to, and good Quarterbacks, they know where the force is and they run away from the force and you got to be able to disguise it. It is a position that is very difficult to find in college football.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/2/5/3957606/from -his-mouth-to-your-ears-mike-lombardi-in-his-own-w ords

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I know the Packers don't traditionally make big FA moves but I think they should have. They better have a great draft or next season could be rough. It'll probably end in another playoff blow out.

It's hard to spend big money on the good FAs when we still have to lock up Matthews and Rodgers. I think Ted thinks that draft picks are just as effective as mediocre FAs as well unless he's looking at depth.

We're two years removed from the Super Bowl with a wide open window so I'm not panicking yet.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dumervil fired his agent, unsurprisingly.

Yeah he really has no other choice. That agent may have ruined his career since teams are going to be reluctant to work with him because you never know when he is going to cost your organization 4 mill in dead money.

bfgax9xcmaai2mg.jpg

boom bitches!

Top Bottom