• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cajun have you at least seen The Godfather?

I didn't see this until I was like 25. Now everytime one of our friends hasn't seen it, we invite them over for Italian food and a viewing. Usually becomes a two night thing when they naturally want to see the equally awesome part 2.

Still haven't seen the third one, I need to out of curiosity.

cashman

Banned
I didn't see this until I was like 25. Now everytime one of our friends hasn't seen it, we invite them over for Italian food and a viewing. Usually becomes a two night thing when they naturally want to see the equally awesome part 2.

Don't.

It's not that bad

jakncoke

Banned
The Princess Bride is ok.

Godfather 1 and 2 are good films but I didnt feel like I was cumming the whole time because of its awesomesauce like people eluded to

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Princess Bride is ok.

Godfather 1 and 2 are good films but I didnt feel like I was cumming the whole time because of its awesomesauce like people eluded to

Them's fightin' words.

image.php

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Good job Jags, that logo is a huge step up over their old one. Completely retains their identity while improving it in nearly every way.

I'm terrified that the Dolphins are going to completely fuck up their look =/

squicken

It's not as bad as everyone says, and it has a cool premise. But it's really marred by a few awful decisions

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've never seen The Godfather. Just haven't got around to it yet.

Larry my man, you need to. Like I said, I only saw it recently and it's easily in my top 10 of all time and I'm the furthest thing from a movie snob. I roll my eyes out of my socket at most every indie movie I see so believe me when I say that the Godfather is awesome.

Best way to cap off your Super Bowl celebrating!

I had a great laugh about it today, actually. I trusted Mayhew and he let me down. Guess this is what happens when you hire the man who was assistant to arguably the worst tenured GM in modern NFL

Arguably? I think it's pretty much dogmatic at this point.

I must be soulless, because those whimsical 80s kids movies never phased me once. Princess Bride, The Goonies, they just bounced off me and I had to withstand my contemporaries questioning my sanity for not slobbering all over the TV whenever they were on.

Larry my man, you need to. Like I said, I only saw it recently and it's easily in my top 10 of all time and I'm the furthest thing from a movie snob. I roll my eyes out of my socket at most every indie movie I see so believe me when I say that the Godfather is awesome.

Best way to cap off your Super Bowl celebrating!

But is it better than Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves?

I'm actually about to watch Raid: Redemption for the first time.

squicken

Maybe his contract demand will get so crazy we'll have to let him walk. Oh shit, there's still a chance!

If I was a team that had to pay a QB, I would just dump all his bonus money in year one of the contract. Just pay him like $40m in salary in year 1, then a modest 6-7m every year after. Year one is just a tear down rebuild year. Ravens let Reed walk, trade Suggs and Boldin. Everyone who makes money goes to pay that salary.

Year one is obviously a down year, but rookies are playing and developing. Trust Ozzie to find new blood. The problem with Brees and Manning is they kill the cap every year. Dumping all that money in year one means the cap is manageable after that and there is roster flexibility. And if they can't get that new blood, Flacco's contract is easily tradeable

Also, Happy Ronald Reagan's Birthday everyone

If I was a team that had to pay a QB, I would just dump all his bonus money in year one of the contract. Just pay him like $40m in salary in year 1, then a modest 6-7m every year after. Year one is just a tear down rebuild year. Ravens let Reed walk, trade Suggs and Boldin. Everyone who makes money goes to pay that salary.

Year one is obviously a down year, but rookies are playing and developing. Trust Ozzie to find new blood. The problem with Brees and Manning is they kill the cap every year. Dumping all that money in year one means the cap is manageable after that and there is roster flexibility. And if they can't get that new blood, Flacco's contract is easily tradeable

Also, Happy Ronald Reagan's Birthday everyone

I fully trust in Ozzie, he knows talent. I'd love to see us sign Flacco to a front heavy contract, but I just don't know where his head is at. He seems like he really might want to be the highest paid player in the NFL, and that's nuts. I'm pretty sure we already have the highest played non QB in Haloti Ngata, we don't need two players crushing our cap.

You say trade Suggs and Boldin, I say trade Rice. Big contract, sudden fumbling issues, Joe's new found lack of checking down, and most importantly, Bernard Pierce.

Next year is going to be very interesting for the Ravens, because the team we see on opening night is going to be radically different.

Edit: not to mention, if we rebuild and are terrible, we have a shot at Jedeveon Clowney

Godfather 1 and 2 are very good, though I don't obsess over them like a lot of people.

Princess Bride is a classic.

The Goonies doesn't hold up over time.

Prince of Thieves is junk, I'm sorry, but the combo of Costner and Christian Slater sucks all the air out of the universe.

Slater is so awful in that film. Both he and Costner just have really inconsistent accents. I'm a huge Costner fan but he's not at his best there

I was mostly joking about Slater, but I did watch that movie roughly 5 times a week from 1991-1993. It was my childhood movie. I used to listen to the soundtrack before I played any sports to get hyped up. Which I realized, as I wrote that, is weird.

Top Bottom