• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

eznark

Banned
Perfect thing to set Titus Jr. off.

Amendola to the Lions would make this even better.

Oh EZ, thoughts on KVB being cut?

What is there to think about? He was useless. I called him lazy and some of you clowns went nuts but there is no effective difference between lazy and useless.

Jeff Saturday situation. Great guy, time to go.

SonnyBoy

He had a great playoff run. His regular season was up and down. His protection in the playoffs was unbelievable. Maybe he turned a corner Eli style, but it's too early to tell.

Between the swap at tackle and the change at OC, I think you'd have to attribute it to that. My barber is located near the Ravens facility and he cuts a few of the defensive players hair. #23 is the most recent player I bumped into. He's also cool with Jacoby Jones. Oh, I also had a cool chat with Ladarius Webb.

I bring that up because the players told him that Caldwell went to the offensive guys and incorporated things that they liked into the play calls. He involved them in the gameplan. They ran the same playbook but it was just called differently and weighted differently.

Rorschach

Oh, I meant the other guy. I saw something like this happen in Vegas last year when I was there around Evo.

Except it was the Avengers (Cap, Thor and Iron Man) picking on Batman.

3Xk6GtC.jpg
Batman has just become a pushover these days.

bionic77

His value is the highest right now, it makes absolutely no sense for them to give him a huge deal. The only smart play is to tag him.

Their owner seems like an emotional douche though, so his agent is smart to make a big push right now while the guy is still swooning.
They are going to have to overpay him.

Just like the Packers are going to eventually have to overpay for Fraudgers. Your dreams of a Flynn of Harrell future will stay unfulfilled. Blame Dragon and ESPN for proclaiming that Fraudgers is the greatest qb of all time on a weekly basis (when they are not desperately looking for a cock on Brady to suck).

And God it sucks seeing the Ravens celebrate and be happy. This shit ain't right nor is it natural. Why Tebow? Why did you let this happen?

SonnyBoy

We are not attributing anything to Bryant McKinnie.

People, please.

It's possible that it had less to do with McKinnie and more to do with getting TheBlindSide back at RT. McKinnie could be a D rated tackle, but if TheBlindSide is a F, McKinnie is an improvement. Which is all people are saying. There was an improvement with the line play as a unit.

Rorschach

Between the swap at tackle and the change at OC, I think you'd have to attribute it to that. My barber is located near the Ravens facility and he cuts a few of the defensive players hair. #23 is the most recent player I bumped into. He's also cool with Jacoby Jones. Oh, I also had a cool chat with Ladarius Webb.

I bring that up because the players told him that Caldwell went to the offensive guys and incorporated things that they liked into the play calls. He involved them in the gameplan. They ran the same playbook but it was just called differently and weighted differently.
Caldwell was surprising in the post season too. They both stepped up big time. That hook route in the endzone, when everyone and their mother expected a post, was friggin brilliant. I always wondered why teams didn't do that.

Teams need to bring back the back door TE wheel on the pa roll out too. That would have won the 9ers the game for sure. Only two teams used it and then it went away, but it works so well.

Talon

Caldwell was surprising in the post season too. They both stepped up big time. That hook route in the endzone, when everyone and their mother expected a post, was friggin brilliant. I always wondered why teams didn't do that.

Teams need to bring back the back door TE wheel on the pa roll out too. That would have won the 9ers the game for sure. Only two teams used it and then it went away, but it works so well.
Wheels are indeed awesome, but they take time to develop.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They are going to have to overpay him.

Just like the Packers are going to eventually have to overpay for Fraudgers. Your dreams of a Flynn of Harrell future will stay unfulfilled. Blame Dragon and ESPN for proclaiming that Fraudgers is the greatest qb of all time on a weekly basis (when they are not desperately looking for a cock on Brady to suck).

And God it sucks seeing the Ravens celebrate and be happy. This shit ain't right nor is it natural. Why Tebow? Why did you let this happen?

I know you so desperately want he Ravens to sign Flacco to a long term expensive deal but you have to admit that you never do a new contract at the peak of a players career!

If he gets tagged, Rodgers will get a new deal. If they give Flacco 20mil/year like you and Flacco want them to, Rodgers will get a new deal next year because there's no way they want to base Rodgers contract on Flacco. If Flacco gets 20 mil, Rodgers, Manning, and Brees should be rioting for 30 million.

squicken

When the last time that actually happened though?

But the thing is, in the 5 games he was healthy, 42 catches on 56 targets for 450 yards. His big flaw is that he is small and pretty useless in the RZ. I really hope they keep him. Hate to think Titus Young is some sort of fall back b/c they are worried about the negotiations

SonnyBoy

When was the last time we saw the Ravens go 5-wide? They did that too and in the Redzone. I believe it was the pass over the middle to Boldin. So, Caldwell differently calls a different game than the other dude who's name I can't remember.

SonnyBoy

Flacco is mediocre during the regular season, especially on the road. That's what stops him from being a top tier QB.

However, his playoff performance isn't that much of a fluke. He showed up in the previous 2 AFC championships but the his WR's failed him both times. And of course there's Cundiff. If Lee Evans catches that pass, thats 2 consecutive SB appearances for the Ravens.

Talon

This thread about a white frat having a party making fun of asians is making my head hurt.

My favorite post so far is "This is why we need segregation because minorities ruin things." I desperately hope that poster is not American.

bionic77

I know you so desperately want he Ravens to sign Flacco to a long term expensive deal but you have to admit that you never do a new contract at the peak of a players career!

If he gets tagged, Rodgers will get a new deal. If they give Flacco 20mil/year like you and Flacco want them to, Rodgers will get a new deal next year because there's no way they want to base Rodgers contract on Flacco. If Flacco gets 20 mil, Rodgers, Manning, and Brees should be rioting for 30 million.
You have just as much of a vested interest in seeing Flacco not get paid as me and BLarry want to see the man get paid so I don't think any of us can claim to be impartial on this.

Rodgers is so into stats that I can just imagine the tantrums he and his agent will throw if Flacs gets that $22 mil per year that he deserves. I welcome all the dissension this will sow between all the other franchise quarterbacks and their team. You see this is the time when it pays to have a sleazebag qb who couldn't stop raping fat girls in the past. Now when you let him stay around you are always going to get the plea bargain discount. The Packers don't get that benefit. It is going to be worse now that he is a tv star with those All State commercials.

This thread about a white frat having a party making fun of asians is making my head hurt.

My favorite post so far is "This is why we need segregation because minorities ruin things." I desperately hope that poster is not American.

I stopped reading that thread after a couple pages. I didn't catch that post, though. Ugh.

bionic77

Bionic, bionic, bionic.

Brees is the stat-padder. We must focus all of our efforts at mocking Breesus.
Lay off on the poor guy. Dude was born with a giant mole on his face and plays for a franchise that can't even keep the lights on during the Superbowl game.

I've noticed whenever racism happens against Asians,people say its not really racist.

jakncoke

Banned
But the thing is, in the 5 games he was healthy, 42 catches on 56 targets for 450 yards. His big flaw is that he is small and pretty useless in the RZ. I really hope they keep him. Hate to think Titus Young is some sort of fall back b/c they are worried about the negotiations

Yeah but if he cant stay healthy being able to get that production in little time means nothing because he wont be there for you for the long haul. Also I want him to repeat 2010, 85 catches for 689 yards is epic Troy Brown territory

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You have just as much of a vested interest in seeing Flacco not get paid as me and BLarry want to see the man get paid so I don't think any of us can claim to be impartial on this.

Rodgers is so into stats that I can just imagine the tantrums he and his agent will throw if Flacs gets that $22 mil per year that he deserves. I welcome all the dissension this will sow between all the other franchise quarterbacks and their team. You see this is the time when it pays to have a sleazebag qb who couldn't stop raping fat girls in the past. Now when you let him stay around you are always going to get the plea bargain discount. The Packers don't get that benefit. It is going to be worse now that he is a tv star with those All State commercials.

Which is great except when raping fat girls (also playing subpar NFC West teams) was his secret ingredient to winning Super Bowls. Kind of like how the Patriots "success" was largely due to their ability to operate a camcorder and buy off refs.

Thankfully today the NFC West is good, raping fat girls is frowned upon, the refs get paid more with their new labor agreement, and I'm not even sure if people use camcorders anymore or just iphones.

That thread just reminded me that I have no idea why Indians are lumped in demographically with Asians. 98% of the time when people mean "Asian" they're referring racially to "Mongoloid" type backgrounds and not Siberian, Indian, or what have you.

Talon

That thread just reminded me that I have no idea why Indians are lumped in demographically with Asians. 98% of the time when people mean "Asian" they're referring racially to "Mongoloid" type backgrounds and not Siberian, Indian, or what have you.
Yeah, nobody thinks about south Asia and west Asia.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've noticed whenever racism happens against Asians,people say its not really racist.

Used to talk about this a lot with my African and Vietnamese friends (its okay Ez, it was just college! I'm better now!) and that whole "privileged minority" thing is the real deal. It's a kind of fascinating subject because it involves a lot of complex societal and cultural factors from all parties involved. It's also why people view (wrongfully) as some situations being as a less "bad" form of racism as opposed to racism against blacks which is immediately shunned, especially by whites.

bionic77

Which is great except when raping fat girls (also playing subpar NFC West teams) was his secret ingredient to winning Super Bowls. Kind of like how the Patriots "success" was largely due to their ability to operate a camcorder and buy off refs.

Thankfully today the NFC West is good, raping fat girls is frowned upon, the refs get paid more with their new labor agreement, and I'm not even sure if people use camcorders anymore or just iphones.
The AFC North does dominate the NFC West. No way around it. But you have to give the West credit for consistently getting to (and losing) the big game.

And while I agree that much of Ben's superpowers are derived from non-consensusal sexual contact from greasy fat midwestern women, you also have to admit that Fraudgers postseason powers fail when he is not KOing some poor make a wish cancer patient. Though he seems to do better in the regular season when not knocking those patients the fuck out.

We are not attributing anything to Bryant McKinnie.

People, please.

I will contribute much to Bryant McKinnie. He was adequate at LT, while Michael Oher was an abomination. Putting McKinnie in at LT, let Oher move back to RT, where he was probably above average. Osemele was playing so RT where he was not great, but at Guard he was very good, as was Yanda, and Birk is Birk, so McKinnie's return to the line improved the line immensely.

I think the notion is that he is buddy buddy with the players, and fawning over them publicly, knowing full well that Ozzie will take the heat as the "bad guy"

It's not even Ozzie playing bad guy. The fans have unbelievable faith in him. If he makes any move, while it might be unpopular (with idiots), it's the right move, and the fans know that. The more I hear of Flacco's contract demands, the more likely it is we tag him.
Personally, I'd like to see us put the non-exclusive tag on him and see who wants to give up two first round picks AND pay him 20 million for 5 years. Two first round picks from shitty teams, with Ozzie picking, could easily turn into the future of our franchise. I seriously starting frothing at the prospect of the Chiefs taking Flacco off our hands and us landing Jarvis Jones to take Ray's spot.

The best thing this playoff did for our roster was to let Corey Graham shine. Now we'll have him, and the return of Ladarius Webb, plus Jimmy Smith finally getting healthy (although I think we'll move him to Safety to fill in for Ed), shows me our secondary might be defensive strength this offseason.

Jarvis Jones is a standup pass rusher, Larry. Now Ogletree plays inside.
We need an impact middle linebacker and though I doubt the Giants go LB'er in the first, I'd be quite alright with taking him if he's there at 19 (though I don't think he will be).

It is impossible for the dolphins to mess up their look son. We look like Power Rangers/Semi-Pro/NFL Europe

We fit right in! We strike fear with that menacing dolphin with that stupid helmet on and no facemask. Or what about that menacing Aqua? Or the Terrifying Orange? Or the please don't get me dirty all White unis?

I'm ready dawg, I'm ready.

I can't understand how a dolphin fan would like that nondescript, throwaway redesign of a classic logo. It's soulless, flat and completely uninteresting. Might as well just change the team name from Dolphins to something more fitting like Robo Mammals.

Top Bottom