• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Dragon

Banned
Man college girls are hot. And dumb as shit. I can't help but notice everytime I go to a Starbucks that is near a college location.

You young studs should take advantage while you can.

One word of advice, they won't be impressed by your proficiency at video games (leave your pink 3DS at home) or knowledge of sports. You should be able to figure out the rest on your own, and if you can't then you deserve to be alone. Google Japanese love doll.

Should I impress them by bragging about going to Pax East this weekend? I'm sure there will be lots of single attractive females there!

effzee

Details on Kenny Phillips contract with the Eagles:

Shows you the level of interest the Giants had in resigning him. That's pretty much what Stevie Brown is getting paid thanks to his RFA tender.

Could be a steal if he can stay healthy. Apparently they asked him about his health and he said he is 100% and that the Eagles wouldn't have signed him if he wasn't.

Keep in mind Eagles now have a completely new training staff plus guys to do some new sports science voodoo. Hopefully they did their hw.

Who was Jim Irsay tweeting about if it wasn't Cruz?

Somebody from a team going through turmoil like the Eagles? Desean Jackson? I could see that trade happening.

We sucked and probably won't be good this year either but no turmoil with DJAX that I know off. Or turmoil in general. Everyone seems mostly optimistic and just happy for something new.

Who was Jim Irsay tweeting about if it wasn't Cruz?

Somebody from a team going through turmoil like the Eagles? Desean Jackson? I could see that trade happening.

Colts messageboard rumored names (yeah, take that for what you will) seems to be actually around Jeremy Maclin (also on Philly boards) and Doug Baldwin from SEA.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/m...nfl-players-furious-about-veteran-salary-cuts

None of the players I spoke with are criticizing the deal with the NFL. They are instead blaming the mentality of players who are afraid to push for guaranteed contracts.
What I am constantly hearing from players is that the rash of cuts means when the next CBA negotiations arrive, the players must strike, if needed, to get all contracts guarateed.
"That's the next front in this fight," said one longtime veteran. "Football needs to be like baseball."

Good luck with that!

Man college girls are hot. And dumb as shit. I can't help but notice everytime I go to a Starbucks that is near a college location.

One word of advice, they won't be impressed by your proficiency at video games (leave your pink 3DS at home) or knowledge of sports. You should be able to figure out the rest on your own, and if you can't then you deserve to be alone. Google Japanese love doll.

I wonder if American girls are dumber (easier) than Dutch/Euro girls. Some scientist should investigate this.

Over on ESPN James Walker wrote a blog about the Dolphins passing on Matt Ryan for Jake Long and how it's affected them long-term. I just wanted to say, for the record, that no amount of losing seasons would make me wish that the Dolphins had gone with Matt Ryan.

More Kraft :

Kraft said Pats last offer had incentives that would have made deal better than Denver's deal.

Takes 2 sides to do A deal. On Wes vase we were willing to go above his mkt value. For a couple years we tried to get a long tw deal done

There's no guarantee he plays the second year there. Our offer was better than what he got in Denver and I'm sad about that.

Kraft says Wes Welker says he was their "first choice." Calls Amendola their "alternative." Blames Welker's agent for pricing him too high

Kraft said the Welker camps contention there was no deal offered is "bogus"

We were willing to pay slightly above market value." Said agents "played poker with us."

So much info, this is new.

Dragon

Banned
Over on ESPN James Walker wrote a blog about the Dolphins passing on Matt Ryan for Jake Long and how it's affected them long-term. I just wanted to say, for the record, that no amount of losing seasons would make me wish that the Dolphins had gone with Matt Ryan.

As much as Matty Lice is a cowardly cowardly qb, he'd be by far the best QB you've had since Marino. There's no guarantee Tannehill improves upon his rookie year.

I just seduce a sconi girl when mating season rolls around every couple months.

As much as Matty Lice is a cowardly cowardly qb, he'd be by far the best QB you've had since Marino. There's no guarantee Tannehill improves upon his rookie year.
I don't care how good he is (even setting aside his playoff issues), I just don't like him. I know it's probably hard to understand when your team's QB is Tom Brady but I appreciate a certain level of character in whoever's leading my team of choice.

Tannehill is already better than Matt Ryan.
Man, I wish I could say this and honestly believe myself but I can't. Not yet, anyway. I wouldn't mind switching receivers with the Falcons, though.

Striker

I don't care how good he is (even setting aside his playoff issues), I just don't like him. I know it's probably hard to understand when your team's QB is Tom Brady but I appreciate a certain level of character in whoever's leading my team of choice.

Man, I wish I could say this and honestly believe myself but I can't. Not yet, anyway. I wouldn't mind switching receivers with the Falcons, though.
get_off_his_field.gif

get_off_his_field.gif
Ryan-Tannehill-explains.jpg

Talon

What a random player to dislike. Matt Ryan is the most milquetoast player in the NFL. I'm 99% sure he plays Bridge on Saturday nights before going to bed at 8 PM.

squicken

@AndrewSiciliano
Kraft: "I don't answer to Tom Brady."

lulz. And holy fuck is Amendola going to catch the ire of Pats fans. Already labeled as the guy they didn't really want and they haven't even had mini-camp

What a random player to dislike. Matt Ryan is the most milquetoast player in the NFL. I'm 99% sure he plays Bridge on Saturday nights before going to bed at 8 PM.

I imagine it's been some sort of civil war with other Phins fans or outsiders saying they should have taken him. I sort of agree with Darkest_Red. They were better off taking Long since Ireland couldn't draft and the coaches couldn't develop WRs

The worst football related memory I have is the VT game where Matt Ryan led BC back from a 10-0 deficit with about 5 minutes left in the game. I was at the game, soaking wet and cold, standing at the fence ready to rush the field and then that happened.

I never claimed to be completely rational with my hatreds of choice.

Talon

The worst football related memory I have is the VT game where Matt Ryan led BC back from a 10-0 deficit with about 5 minutes left in the game. I was at the game, soaking wet and cold, standing at the fence ready to rush the field and then that happened.

I never claimed to be completely rational with my hatreds of choice.
Oh, right. Yeah, that would do it. That BC team was shittastic. I didn't give a shit about Ryan that year until that absurd throw to the front right pylon against GTech, while he got nailed in the chin. I still can't find video of that play to this day, which is a huge indictment to BC "fans."

TheFatOne

I woke up today, and realized what the fuck are the Pats going to do with their WR situation. Don't really mind they let Welker go, but releasing Lloyd was moronic. They don't have any other legit WRs on the team.
@AndrewSiciliano

lulz. And holy fuck is Amendola going to catch the ire of Pats fans. Already labeled as the guy they didn't really want and they haven't even had mini-camp

I imagine it's been some sort of civil war with other Phins fans or outsiders saying they should have taken him. I sort of agree with Darkest_Red. They were better off taking Long since Ireland couldn't draft and the coaches couldn't develop WRs

Only way Amendola can look good is making a clutch catch in the playoffs, but during the regular season he is going to get killed if he doesn't produce like Welker did or the offense struggles.

Oh, right. Yeah, that would do it. That BC team was shittastic. I didn't give a shit about Ryan that year until that absurd throw to the front right pylon against GTech, while he got nailed in the chin. I still can't find video of that play to this day, which is a huge indictment to BC "fans."
Hmm, I don't remember that one specifically. At the time they were #2 in the country (somehow) and we were #8. The old adage, "prevent defense prevents you from winning" applies very well to what happened there.

That game had all kinds of "everything that can go wrong will go wrong" moments though, like one of our receivers botching a recovery on BC's onside kick. It was so painful, man. So, so, painful.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think it's fate that Wes Welker left New England.

I was at a Futureshop playing a demo of Madden 13 on the vita and I was using the Pats.

1st and 10 on my own 40 I had Welker wide open. I am about to throw and suddenly the entire screen goes yellow, when it comes back all of a sudden I have committed a safety and Wes Welker has a broken fibula.

Even on the replay the same yellow flash popped up.

@AndrewSiciliano

Kraft was appearently going balls deep into Welkers agent, David Dunn. Add him to the list of agent that the Pats won't deal with anymore.

I'm open to Amendola, and would cheer for him with all my heart. Salty towards the Pats/Welker/His agent. But can't blame Amendola.

TheFatOne

This is off topic but Kave Mans post reminded me that there is still no NHL game for the Vita, and it looks like there isn't ever going to be one. That is so fucking depressing.

Dragon

Banned

:jnc. You're talking about character issues? In professional football? Marino is definitely a paragon of virtue. I'm sure you dislike him now with siring out of wedlock!!!

This is off topic but Kave Mans post reminded me that there is still no NHL game for the Vita, and it looks like there isn't ever going to be one. That is so fucking depressing.

EA is spending no resources on the Vita for the most part. I've heard Most Wanted is good.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Agreed :(

I agree. I was really hoping the Vita would become my go-to platform for sports games but it obviously hasn't worked out that way. FIFA 13 was a port of the first FIFA game on the Vita and Madden 13 was a horribly optimized version of Madden 12 (or something like that).

I would totally buy an NHL game on the Vita if it was actually well made.

:jnc. You're talking about character issues? In professional football? Marino is definitely a paragon of virtue. I'm sure you dislike him now with siring out of wedlock!!!
Haha, yeah I'm only being half serious. I was pretty disappointed to hear about that Marino fiasco, though. My main reasons for disliking Ryan are obviously much less rational.

TheFatOne

EA is spending no resources on the Vita for the most part. I've heard Most Wanted is good.
The same could be said about Sony. They aren't really doing shit for the Vita. Most of their good first party studios aren't even interested in the machine. It's depressing that I can only really think of one maybe two games I want for the Vita this year.

I agree. I was really hoping the Vita would become my go-to platform for sports games but it obviously hasn't worked out that way. FIFA 13 was a port of the first FIFA game on the Vita and Madden 13 was a horribly optimized version of Madden 12 (or something like that).

I would totally buy an NHL game on the Vita if it was actually well made.

Haha, yeah I'm only being half serious. I was pretty disappointed to hear about that Marino fiasco, though. My main reasons for disliking Ryan are obviously much less rational.

At this point I would take a shitty port of any NHL game for the Vita.

effzee

Why is Branden Allbert up for a trade? By releasing Justice I thought it meant they were going to keep him. Who takes over RT now?

Dragon

Banned

Believe me. I get it. I like Bledsoe more than Brady. Mostly because Bledsoe didn't bitch like an asshole after something didn't go his way.

squicken

Why is Branden Allbert up for a trade? By releasing Justice I thought it meant they were going to keep him. Who takes over RT now?

Save a lot of money by putting one of the rookies at LT and then finding a serviceable guy at RT, plus get a draft pick in exchange

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He said it wasn't Cruz, and then today said it wasn't Calvin Johnson. Cards media people are adamant that they will never trade Fitz

Either Megatron or Fitz would be such an albatross of a contract, that I can't imagine many teams would want them at that price.

We sucked and probably won't be good this year either but no turmoil with DJAX that I know off. Or turmoil in general. Everyone seems mostly optimistic and just happy for something new.

I remember Desean having contract issues a season or two ago. I was just somewhat anticipating a complete rebuild of the Eagles and trading franchise players for value and starting over somewhat. That's probably a bit drastic though.

Colts messageboard rumored names (yeah, take that for what you will) seems to be actually around Jeremy Maclin (also on Philly boards) and Doug Baldwin from SEA.

Both of those guys are pretty young so that wouldn't be such a bad value for the Colts.

squicken

@JeffDarlington
Kraft tells Marvez, "His financial people played poker. They overplayed hand." Kraft says Welker/Patriots are both the "losers" as result.

So Pats "lost" b/c they signed Amendola? Good luck Danny!

edit: Poor cheaters

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Goodell says he has told #Redskins directly their salary cap penalty won't be changed.

@JeffDarlington
Kraft tells Marvez, "His financial people played poker. They overplayed hand." Kraft says Welker/Patriots are both the "losers" as result.

So Pats "lost" b/c they signed Amendola? Good luck Danny!

Kraft says Wes Welker says he was their "first choice." Calls Amendola their "alternative." Blames Welker's agent for pricing him too high

Just an alternative!

Kraft should've stopped talking. Childish "he said/she said" -bullshit. And like you said, disrespectuful to Amendola.

squicken

Goodell seems positive about the NFL in LA.

To build a stadium in Chavez Ravine would take at least 10 years. LA is now useless as leverage against any team trying to get a stadium built, unless the owner wants to play in the Rose Bowl or The Coliseum

Top Bottom