• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Absolutely zero chance we trade Fitz. Besides wanting to keep him for obvious reasons, he'd be a 15 mil cap hit. That alone would be reason not to trade him and that's if another team was willing to take on his contract in the first place. He had a no trade clause with his last contract, not sure if he does this time but don't see why he wouldn't want it again. It's just not going to happen.

I need to pick up GoW Ascension, love the series. All I seem to want to play these days is Guild Wars 2 though.

Oh, right. Yeah, that would do it. That BC team was shittastic. I didn't give a shit about Ryan that year until that absurd throw to the front right pylon against GTech, while he got nailed in the chin. I still can't find video of that play to this day, which is a huge indictment to BC "fans."

I admire this hit he takes too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF1TBpfBDQQ

Seriously though the dolphins would be lucky to have picked Matt Ryan, he's the consummate professional, one of the smartest qbs in the league, and has improved every single year to become a borderline top 5-7 qb.

squicken

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/3/18/...-davis-lawsuit-my-boots-which-were-suede-were

So Fred Davis is back in court, and the highlights of some of his previous pro per work are still awesome

Chaka: Let’s look at these photos right here. Because I went to college. I go back to my homecoming every year. Why? Because a building on the campus named after a family of my family.

Davis: So, they use a pimp cup, that’s all.

Chaka: Mr. Davis, I’m drinking out of a decorated accessory as many celebrities do.

Davis: Many celebrities as who, Magic Don Juan that’s a pimp?

Chaka: As Paris Hilton, as Snoop Dog, as Little John—I work with celebrities. Don’t you think it could have been a gift from one of them?

effzee

I remember Desean having contract issues a season or two ago. I was just somewhat anticipating a complete rebuild of the Eagles and trading franchise players for value and starting over somewhat. That's probably a bit drastic though.

Both of those guys are pretty young so that wouldn't be such a bad value for the Colts.

I mean if they trade either DJAX or Maclin I'll be shocked. Both young, they signed DJAX to an extension on the cheap because he messed his own value up, and I assume one of the reasons Chip was interested in the Eagles were guys like Maclin, DJAX, & McCoy to build around.

Contract details for TE Brandon Myers:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Myers' deal with the Giants is basically one year, $2.25 million. Everything after that is voidable.

It's actually a four year deal but the last three years are voidable. Strange setup...

Hey Squicken, how do you feel about Lane Johnson? Another guy who's stock soared late which has me nervous. I would think Warmack would be the smarter OL pick between the two.

JABEE

79yQCE3.jpg

Picture Day.

squicken

Hey Squicken, how do you feel about Lane Johnson? Another guy who's stock soared late which has me nervous. I would think Warmack would be the smarter OL pick between the two.

I never pay attention to college OLs during the season, so when I heard he was a top prospect it kind of shocked me. I think he is viewed as a high upside guy who may need some time to add mass and smooth out some rough edges.

As far as he or Warmack, no contest. Johnson. If a LT struggles, you move him to RT. Struggles there, to guard. Warmack is a guard only, and there's some worry that he may have learning issues. I'd actually rather have Fluker than Warmack, since he can play guard and then maybe move out to tackle later on

edit: Your assistant offensive line coach is Larry Zierlein. His son does a radio show in HOU and is really good. Worth a follow on Twitter and his show puts up podcasts every day. Talks about offensive line play more than any radio guy

https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein
http://www.sports790.com/pages/charliepalliloblog.html

Lance thinks that Fluker will be a great guard but isn't athletic enough to play tackle.

Draxal

If the Giants get Werner I'm gonna puke.

Would be the second German on the team with Kuhn (if he makes the team again, I'm thinking he does).

I never pay attention to college OLs during the season, so when I heard he was a top prospect it kind of shocked me. I think he is viewed as a high upside guy who may need some time to add mass and smooth out some rough edges.

As far as he or Warmack, no contest. Johnson. If a LT struggles, you move him to RT. Struggles there, to guard. Warmack is a guard only, and there's some worry that he may have learning issues. I'd actually rather have Fluker than Warmack, since he can play guard and then maybe move out to tackle later on

Ya, that's why I'm kinda hopeful of one of Cooper/Warmack dropping down to the Giants. Pure guards always drop for that reason. Wouldn't suprise me if he did make it to the Giants, they pass on him for Fluker.

nah

There's very little salt between the Ravens and Skins. Shit, guys from Bmore come down to D.C to party and ham it up with Skins players all the time.

Even NY guys roll down on occasion. Giants anyway.

Yeah, I don't think the players care, but I know fans do. But as to her statement of "Ravens are the better team," well, that is a rock solid truth.

edit: Your assistant offensive line coach is Larry Zierlein. His son does a radio show in HOU and is really good. Worth a follow on Twitter and his show puts up podcasts every day. Talks about offensive line play more than any radio guy

https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein
http://www.sports790.com/pages/charliepalliloblog.html

Lance thinks that Fluker will be a great guard but isn't athletic enough to play tackle.

Well we are set at RT with Massie after the strides he made late last season and we already have Potter as a decent OT backup. RG is our biggest hole on the OL, Snyder is just straight garbage so I'm honestly fine with Warmack only being able to play that position if he's going to be pro bowl caliber. Would really enhance the run game too. I can see the argument for not going with someone that limited so early in the draft, however. I've seen Mike Jurecki say he likes Cooper more and I think Cooper sounds better than Fluker based off of what I've read. Suddenly I find myself hoping Fisher falls to us.

Top Bottom