• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

Fucking Titans signed Rob Turner. 15 game starter for STL. Optimally he was backup, but filled in at C and G. Great swing guy and decent spot starter. Hate losing a guy like that b/c it's another hole to fill. SEA and SF are stacked at OL and the Rams don't even have all the starters locked in

cdyhybrid

Fucking Titans signed Rob Turner. 15 game starter for STL. Optimally he was backup, but filled in at C and G. Great swing guy and decent spot starter. Hate losing a guy like that b/c it's another hole to fill. SEA and SF are stacked at OL and the Rams don't even have all the starters locked in

I dunno if I'd say we're stacked. Obviously C and LT are locked down for probably the next 10 years or so, but everything else ranges from good enough to question mark (RG).

Oh for the love... Man I really want this insane overhype to continue so bad, Cosell is jumping so hard on the wagon in an attempt to be first it's awesome.

If Harbs were the visionary and personnel guru that Pete and John are, he'd have Cosell slurping him too! Don't hate the player, hate the game.

squicken

I dunno if I'd say we're stacked. Obviously C and LT are locked down for probably the next 10 years or so, but everything else ranges from good enough to question mark (RG).

But you have an entrenched starter that you want to upgrade. STL literally has no one at LG or slot WR. Like an empty slot on the depth chart. Turner was so useful b/c he backed up guard and center. He got abused when he started at guard, but that was in the context of playing around other bad players. Optimally, as a spot starter, you work around that. Wasn't bad as a center

If Harbs were the visionary and personnel guru that Pete and John are, he'd have Cosell slurping him too! Don't hate the player, hate the game.

cosell hates the niners and always has. harbs own cheatin' pete.... owned him in college and still owns him in the NFL.

i like how cheatin' pete is this incredible genius even though he has 3 winning seasons in his coaching career and has never advanced past the divisional round. probably the most overrated coach in history

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013
[/B]
1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater, JABEE
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox318
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals - eznark
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings - BannedEpisode
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle - BannedEpisode
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

Rules for NFL Mock Draft 2013 (If i'm forgetting anything or you have questions, feel free to point them out.):

Fans of the team pick for their own team. If we don't get enough of those, then we pick other people to fill the slots.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Collaboration is encouraged. We're trying for an open dialog this year so debating in the thread is encouraged, however if your team is the secretive type feel free to take it to PMs.

cdyhybrid

cosell hates the niners and always has. harbs own cheatin' pete.... owned him in college and still owns him in the NFL.

i like how cheatin' pete is this incredible genius even though he has 3 winning seasons in his coaching career and has never advanced past the divisional round. probably the most overrated coach in history

But your team lost to the team coached by the most overrated coach in history by 3 scores.

squicken

eek Ted Thompson is a 'Stros fan. I know he played for the Oilers but I never knew he was all in. What a great person

But over the years, when I look at free agency, I don't see a lot of Reggie Whites getting to free agency. I think for the most part you have to draft and develop great players. But I understand fans. This is a 12-month-a-year business now, and people keep score in free agency. I do it in baseball with my Astros. Overall, we just believe in drafting our own players and developing them, mostly.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130319/nfl-free-agency-general-managers/#ixzz2O1z8N9dg

Games involving Tarvaris Jackson shouldn't count, IMO.

before harbaugh arrived you'd have probably said tjack was better than alex smith. but under harbaughs tutelage, alex flourished. cheatin' pete just has excuse after excuse for his failures. "bu bu bu bu bu bu but its not my fault! its the players!"

cdyhybrid

before harbaugh arrived you'd have probably said tjack was better than alex smith. but under harbaughs tutelage, alex flourished. cheatin' pete just has excuse after excuse for his failures. "bu bu bu bu bu bu but its not my fault! its the players!"

Harbs is a good coach but he's a terrible person. Pete is a great coach and a great person. The Niners are cursed because they give the football gods the bird with the way Harbs treated Alex!

Reposting GIF of peel back block that got outlawed today. RB rule will be voted on tomorrow. Both Harbs and Pete were against it b/c it would be hard to officiate

http://www.abload.de/img/cut-dahlollyhrzy.gif

Agree with Harbs and Pete!

Harbs is a good coach but he's a terrible person. Pete is a great coach and a great person. The Niners are cursed because they give the football gods the bird with the way Harbs treated Alex!

lulz

and if the football gods understand anything its that the best man should play. kap proved he wasn't only the best QB on his team, but the best QB in his conference. the only QB better in the league is weeden. case CLOSED

p.s.

lol didn't notice the dahl thing. not that i support his signing (i think it's a waste of money), but it's pretty easy to pick out a handful of plays someone had in a season where they completely sucked. show some of his good plays squicken! don't be so negative on him! you said he is a good guy. don't you want him to experience the playoffs again? he has no chance to do that in st louis but in san fran he is guaranteed

squicken

Dunno how big of an impact the blocking change will have.

The dhalololol cracked me up good though.

Dahl actually did some radio interview where he said they were dumb for knocking out Alex. But I really think, at least vs STL, they would have been better off with Alex.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000151960/mayock-ej-manuel-better-qb-prospect-than-ponder/
EJ Manuel got another chance Tuesday to move his way up draft boards at Florida State's pro day.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock believed the quarterback did nothing to hurt his value after watching his workout. According to Mayock, Manuel made 54 scripted throws that highlighted his arm strength and movement skills.

In his latest positional breakdown, Mayock listed Manuel as the second-best quarterback in his draft class behind West Virginia's Geno Smith. On Tuesday, Mayock made an interesting comparison in judging Manuel's potential.

"I think he's a better prospect than Christian Ponder was two years ago with more upside," Mayock said on NFL Network's "Path To The Draft."

Ponder was the 12th overall pick by the Minnesota Vikings in the 2011 NFL Draft.

"In all honesty, I had Ponder a second-round guy and Minnesota took him pretty high, and the jury is still out there," Mayock said. "I think this kid (Manuel) has better arm talent, he's a bigger, more physical specimen and really his ceiling is higher. Now, I don't know if his floor is as high, but his ceiling is higher."

Does that make Manuel a rich-man's Christian Ponder? And if so, is that a good thing? Opinions certainly vary on Ponder, which makes Mayock's comparison tough to evaluate.

You can say the same about this entire quarterback class.
Manuels a interesting guy and I wouldn't mind the Browns drafting him if he's still avaiable in the 3rd, looks more likely well take a flyer on a Qb at somepoint. That many id be happy with besides him and Matt Scott.
On a side note I saw that we interviewed Landry Jones at his pro day, my heart almost sank

squicken

This is going to be another throw away season for the Pats. I just feel it. Sign a fucking half way decent receiver for fucks sake.

Not really any decent WRs left. Gonna have to find an outside guy in the draft

lulz

and if the football gods understand anything its that the best man should play. kap proved he wasn't only the best QB on his team, but the best QB in his conference. the only QB better in the league is weeden. case CLOSED

p.s.

lol didn't notice the dahl thing. not that i support his signing (i think it's a waste of money), but it's pretty easy to pick out a handful of plays someone had in a season where they completely sucked. show some of his good plays squicken! don't be so negative on him! you said he is a good guy. don't you want him to experience the playoffs again? he has no chance to do that in st louis but in san fran he is guaranteed

Literally every play against the Rams that went for more than 40 yards involves Dahl missing a tackle of taking a bad angle. He probably has some good plays, but his bad plays were atrocious. All you need to see is in that gif. He is stiff and cannot change directions. If he takes a false step he is toast

jakncoke

Banned
Verizon can eat a bag of dicks. Because I have no real reason to get a featured phone and have a phone bill over 50 a month. I have been using a ghetto flip phone that i payed 10 bucks for and buying 15 dollar cards each month to keep my account. I used my phone so little that I have gotten(had) like 50 dollars on it, Well i forget to add this month because work been hammering me so my account expired. They took all my money, i figured adding a 15 would activate and give me my 50 back, nope. Fuck them. will use some other cheap service/raginrant

Sanjuro

Verizon can eat a bag of dicks. Because I have no real reason to get a featured phone and have a phone bill over 50 a month. I have been using a ghetto flip phone that i payed 10 bucks for and buying 15 dollar cards each month to keep my account. I used my phone so little that I have gotten(had) like 50 dollars on it, Well i forget to add this month because work been hammering me so my account expired. They took all my money, i figured adding a 15 would activate and give me my 50 back, nope. Fuck them. will use some other cheap service/raginrant

:jnc, get a smartphone you.

les6kyyh.gif

HAhahaha.
I was listening to this when I scrolled to this gif.
Nearly choked on my drink.

jakncoke

Banned
:jnc, get a smartphone you.

I use my phone tops once a week if that, seems like a giant waste of money. Its not even bout being poor. I could easily afford a 70-100 dollar bill it just doesnt make sense money wise. Same reason I havent went beyond basic cable because I know i'd never use it. I havent turned on my tv since like the super bowl.

Milchjon

I use my phone tops once a week if that, seems like a giant waste of money. Its not even bout being poor. I could easily afford a 70-100 dollar bill it just doesnt make sense money wise. Same reason I havent went beyond basic cable because I know i'd never use it. I havent turned on my tv since like the super bowl.

Duuuude, Mobile GAF all day errrday.

Dahl actually did some radio interview where he said they were dumb for knocking out Alex. But I really think, at least vs STL, they would have been better off with Alex.

he was right in that interview. rams did a disservice to the entire NFL by unleashing a wild kap on the league. and it's going to get worse before it gets better!

Milchjon

When would this be useful to me though, when im home i laptop, when im out im doing things that i dont have need for a mobile internet, aka work, shopping, movies, driving

That's something a non-smartphone user would say. You can GAF during all those.

Trust me, I'm an expert.

Sanjuro

How the fuck do you even take a shit?

MechDX

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/best-and-worst-run-stop-rates-2012

If you read this site at all last year, you know that J.J. Watt had a historical season of footed ball. He obliterated the record for total defeats. He knocked down 17 passes (which is something I will write about soon) by our numbers, and chased the single-season sack record. What might have gotten lost in all that is that he was historically good in run defense, too.

26 run defeats ties Watt with Urlacher in 2002, one behind Zach Thomas' record 27 in 1998. Of course, Thomas had 99 plays and Urlacher had 101. Watt had 58. Watt's 98 percent run stop rate is the highest we have ever recorded (again, the records go back to 1996). Warren Sapp had a 97 percent run stop rate in 2006 (on 33 plays) and Keith Traylor had 97 percent in 2000 (on 32 plays). The common thread there is that the best run stop rate percentages in the league often don't have a whole lot of run plays and barely meet our 30-play qualifying threshold. Paul Soliai had a 100 percent run stop rate this year, but had just 25 run plays. Pat Williams, in 1999, had a 100 percent run stop rate on 29 plays. Watt had a ruthlessly efficient season while still being involved in a ton of plays. These weren't video game numbers; these were evil-scientist-in-a-lair numbers.

Fucking JJ Watt. Jeezus freaking Christ! Guy just keeps impressing.

jakncoke

Banned
That's something a non-smartphone user would say. You can GAF during all those.

Trust me, I'm an expert.

work in a factory so no phone, movies i wanna pay attention to the movie seeing they rape you, shopping.. i guess you got me there, driving i dont want to be a statistic im already a bad enough driver as is dont need a phone internet distracting me

Spinluck

Squick, we just signed Seth Olsen from the Vikes, not sure how good he is..

But I think I read that we also signed a NT, who the hell is he?

Top Bottom