• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

MechDX

I like Texans fans. I hate what the team does to the good people of the city. I'm sorry, brother

For someone who hates this team you follow them pretty tightly. Your constant bitching does nothing to diminish your supposed disgust of the team.

They fuck up and I bitch but Im still there. You moved on to numerous teams like some Bourbon Street whore fucking anyone you can yet seem to be longing for the one who broke you.

squicken

So whats the list of exodus players now for the Ravens that they seemingly havent filled for

Brown are locking down the AFCN. Bungles would if they weren't so cash strapped

there there mech. there there

edit:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Salary cap is convenient alibi for teams to lowball or release older players when it's really just "you're not what you used to be." #truth

MechDX

Where is this talk of the Ravens demise coming from. I honestly don't see it.

They lost some aging vets but they still have a lot of really good players. Eeeeeewwww Im defending the Ravens!

For someone who hates this team you follow them pretty tightly. Your constant bitching does nothing to diminish your supposed disgust of the team.

They fuck up and I bitch but Im still there. You moved on to numerous teams like some Bourbon Street whore fucking anyone you can yet seem to be longing for the one who broke you.

2scZefC.gif

brentech

Got my new PC all up and running, updated, and just started the overclock process.
Have the Intel 3570K (3.4Ghz) set to run at 4.5Ghz and so far it's all good. Max temperature 10min into the test has been 70C, but the hottest core seems to hang around 68 most the time.

Looks like this should be pretty stable and it's under a comfortable temp for my liking. Balla!

Got my new PC all up and running, updated, and just started the overclock process.
Have the Intel 3570K (3.4Ghz) set to run at 4.5Ghz and so far it's all good. Max temperature 10min into the test has been 70C, but the hottest core seems to hang around 68 most the time.

Looks like this should be pretty stable and it's under a comfortable temp for my liking. Balla!

That's not with the stock fan is it? I just built a rig with a 3570k as well... I think i am going to OC it here soon(and my GPU) but I have all stock cooling right now :(

effzee

Where is this talk of the Ravens demise coming from. I honestly don't see it.

They lost some aging vets but they still have a lot of really good players. Eeeeeewwww Im defending the Ravens!

The same people who were saying their old vets weren't that good. Or that Kruger shouldn't get the money he got.

They still have players, they have a QB, a RB, and at least one good WR. They also a very competent GM and the draft to work with.

They might not be SB contenders right off the bat but they will compete for at least the wildcard spot. The Steelers didn't get better in the offseason so far. The Browns got better but not enough to take over the Ravens. Bengals might push for the division title but Dalton will have to take giant steps forward.

Anyway more awesome Chip Kelly news...when talking about his style of QB:

• 1. the guy who bests comprehends his offense
    2. whoever runs the whole offense, not just some of it
    3. whoever can transfer looking good in drills to practice (7 on 7) to in game situations to preseason
    4. gives no shit about naming a QB right now because its only March and why?
    5. really likes Foles and has no interest in trading him. wants to see him compete
    6. also doesn't care about what went wrong last season. can't tell if players were doing the right thing or wrong thing without being there and knowing what was called. only cares to see if the skill set is still there. studying film on every one on the roster.

Hunter S.

Dumervil doesn't like our offer to him? Time to move on and replace him with Freeney or Abraham.
Nah, from what it seems like others will not do him better. I still think he will see he is considered old and decide it is better in Denver. Who wants to move cross country if your happy were you are unless there is large incentive. Elvis got screwed hard and dirty.

Nah, from what it seems like others will not do him better. I still think he will see he is considered old and decide it is better in Denver. Who wants to move cross country if your happy were you are unless there is large incentive. Elvis got screwed hard and dirty.

This draft doesn't do him justice as well, isn't it filled with some quality DEs.

brentech

That's not with the stock fan is it? I just built a rig with a 3570k as well... I think i am going to OC it here soon(and my GPU) but I have all stock cooling right now :(

I have the Cooler Master 212 Evo on there. Beast of a unit when it comes to air cooling, but not very expensive at all.

Hunter S.

This draft doesn't do him justice as well, isn't it filled with some quality DEs.
Others probably know more, but I think Denver would look at the long term future of the situation no matter which free agent they sign. Considering how many "old" guys they are looking at it is pretty clear they are not going to gamble on some rookie coming in and doing the position next year.

Godslay

Banned
Dumervil doesn't like our offer to him? Time to move on and replace him with Freeney or Abraham.

Elvis will set the high end of what's remaining in the market and everyone else will go for less. He's holding everything up at the moment. I'm guessing he will land somewhere in between $5 to $7 million with another team. I can't imagine Denver will pay him more than the $8 million agreed upon (when you factor in the dead cap money), unless they do some creative work with the contract.

Others probably know more, but I think Denver would look at the long term future of the situation no matter which free agent they sign. Considering how many "old" guys they are looking at it is pretty clear they are not going to gamble on some rookie coming in and doing the position next year.

I could see them waiting for Doom to set the market, (assuming it's another team), signing a cheaper option in Freeney/Osi/Abraham, and drafting a guy to rotate in. I'm not sure where at though as I think 1st/2nd round will be RB or CB.

Top Bottom