• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

WedgeX

Banned
So, Lions-GAF. Dave Birkett thinks the Lions had better draft an OT with the 5th pick. What say you?

Detroit Free Press said:
If you're forced to fill three interior line holes with inexperience, you had better fill one with either Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel or Central Michigan's Eric Fisher, the top-graded left tackles in the draft pool.

Yes, I know. That contradicts the Lions' three biggest personnel needs this off-season: defense, defense and defense.

It's always something with these guys.

MechDX

The only thing Reed brings that we severely lack is swagger. The majority of this defense has less than 4 years in the league: Watt, Cushing, Brooks Reed, Kareem Jackson and the ones with a few years on them(Joseph, Smith, Manning) don't have a lot of big game experience.

the Texans needed that leadership when things were falling apart last year. If Reed gets them ready to play against the Broncos, Pats, Niners, Seahawks and Ravens this year it will be more than worth it.

oh and he also needs to break Schaubs leg in practice!

Is it weird that I thought of you when I first saw this?

You are a couple pages late buddy!

Schefter with some details on the Bears offer to Urlacher:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 3m

Brian Urlacher's preferance has been and continues to be to finish his career with the Bears, per source. Bears made him only one $2m offer.

Hunter S.

Yeah Godslay I will have to think about it before the pick. But the history of the broncos going after a running back early is definantly there and there is is defiantly a void there. A young rookie running back is one position that can always jump in the game right away. And John knows a star like Terrel helped him win late in his career.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah Godslay I will have to think about it before the pick. But the history of the broncos going after a running back early is definantly there and there is is defiantly a void there. A young rookie running back is one position that can always jump in the game right away. And John knows a star like Terrel helped him win late in his career.

How do you manage to spell definitely wrong twice in a post with four sentences? Your namesake would be ashamed!

Hunter S.

How do you manage to spell definitely wrong twice in a post with four sentences? Your namesake would be ashamed!
I picked the namesake because it is memorable nothing more. And even in college I had terruble spelling. the thing is it does not matter when you can do the math.

Godslay

Banned

I don't mind taking an RB late in the first like our pick. In fact I wish we would have taken Doug Martin last year instead of dicking around with moving back. Wolfe was a good pick up, but Osweiler, and Hillman would have been available later. What can you do though? I'm all for best player available as well, depending on the position. That's why speculating on the draft is so hard, in that there are so many moving parts.

Don't take forum spelling seriously bro! It's a waste of time!

Bowser

Looks like we've cornered the market on midget CBs!!

@captain_41: It's officially I'm staying a Carolina Panthers !!!!!!! Lets get it

Did you see Quin being....well....shit?

Good signing Lions!
My wife is a Ravens fan. I watch their plenty of their games as well....did you watch Ed Reed lately? He's not stopping Welker on that route either. Just sayin'

What did the Lions pay Quin out of curiosity?

Osi taking a physical with Atlanta. Looking like a deal is close.
Surprised it didn't happen soon for him. He should be happy playing at home.

MechDX

My wife is a Ravens fan. I watch their plenty of their games as well....did you watch Ed Reed lately? He's not stopping Welker on that route either. Just sayin'

What did the Lions pay Quin out of curiosity?

Surprised it didn't happen soon for him. He should be happy playing at home.

I have stated numerous times that Reed is old and busted but if he brings some swagger and leadership to that defense it will be worth it. I didn't realize how bad Quin was in that pats game since I wasn't paying close attention watching it because I knew they were done.

Texans draft priority in order: WR, ILB, FS, NT

I have stated numerous times that Reed is old and busted but if he brings some swagger and leadership to that defense it will be worth it.

Texans draft priority in order: WR, ILB, FS, NT
Sure. The addition of leadership in the locker room can be an excellent commodity. Completely agreed. I'm just unsure why the Texans went after him so hard. Considering the push you'd think he was that last key piece for them is all.

Is/was the market for Ed Reed that strong? (I haven't been following it all that closely)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Worst post I've seen on NFL GAF, and I finished an XCOM ironman run.

Well....it's definitely more "mature". And XCom's gameplay is significantly deeper for the genre.

Fire Emblem has a lot more RPG type elements such as relationships and a more involved storyline.

Both are fantastic games though!

Top Bottom