• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

yrtn7gkj2n.jpg

bears

I replayed it about two months ago. Still holds up but the drop off after "it" happens jumps out more with each subsequent play through (and that's despite the content afterwards still being very good).

I wanted to replay the second as well but never got around to it.
Never played 2.

The GameTrailers review soured me on the prospect entirely.
Everyone says the combat is good but it just looked sterile and uninteresting.

And yeah I love Bioshock 1. Still freaky as fuck and I dig the story and characters.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm not a Heat fan, but seeing all the pathetic whining over the LeBron fiasco first hand has me rooting for him.

I felt like I understood Cleveland's pain after the Favre fiasco. The whole "decision" was a sports embarrassment. One hour of rubbing Cleveland's nose in it to go play on a stacked team in Miami and then promised not one, not two, not three, etc etc

It got me interested in basketball again so there's that! I'm still teamless though....

(Cue Bionic talking about how stacked MJs teams were and how Magic played with Kurt Rambis)

bionic77

I felt like I understood Cleveland's pain after the Favre fiasco. The whole "decision" was a sports embarrassment. One hour of rubbing Cleveland's nose in it to go play on a stacked team in Miami and then promised not one, not two, not three, etc etc

It got me interested in basketball again so there's that! I'm still teamless though....

(Cue Bionic talking about how stacked MJs teams were and how Magic played with Kurt Rambis)
There is no NBA without Magic.

And Lebrons team is actually more stacked than any I can remember after the 80s super teams. I mean Ray Allen comes off the bench...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
How is Polar Bear near neutral, they'll fuck you up, specially if you are the first possibly meal they seen in weeks

Was gonna say "Yeah, how are Polar Bears not near the bottom, as humanity is very fortunate that those bastards stay in the arctic, else we'd all be truly screwed."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Was gonna say "Yeah, how are Polar Bears not near the bottom, as humanity is very fortunate that those bastards stay in the arctic, else we'd all be truly screwed."

I was thinking the same!

They're BIGGER than grizzlies! And we all know how fun those are!

Black Bears are pretty neutral though even though they cause more deaths.

Spinluck

Tim Jennings still irritates me, even if it was more of a scheme/coaching thing in Indy. Dude would play 15 yards off everyone, give up a dozen 10 yard catches, and STILL get beat deep time and time again. Then he goes to Chicago....

It had to do with Polian having his nasty hands in certain things. Even where he didn't belong.

I think he wanted us to continue running that Tampa 2 variant, even though we no longer had the personnel to shine in it. Apart from a few guys. I never remember any of our corners shining under Minks or Coyer, but I'm not sure the defense changed much under them, it always looked the same.

But even when we stopped with that scheme, Powers was always hurt, and was pretty inconsistent. If he flourishes with the Cardinals, then whatever, wouldn't be the first time.

Kacar

I dont
hope
think Kyrie will go anywhere, if he could just get over the injury bug his future is so bright.

I still remember the decision so clearly, I was at work and I watched him say it in the dining room, then I had to go wash the dishes with my tears.

cheer for the bucks lol

sara jean underwood is so damn fine... good lord! I used to watch attack of the show just to see her fine ass!

Im a Timberwolves fan. I honestly believe they would be a legit playoff team if they didnt somehow manage to have every single player on their team killed off.

I like the Heat too simply because of how many people hate LeBron.

effzee

I like the Heat just because of all the LeBron haters.

Not going to lie so do I. I have never seen so many ppl go crazy after he decided to go to Miami. Especially here in NYC where ppl assumed he was guaranteed to come. Stupid comparisons to what stars of the past would have done or where he should have gone. Fuck no one wants to go to or stay in Cleveland. Then the owner acting like LeBron was his property.

My own team has sucked donkey balls for almost a decade and with the worst trade of all time ( Bynum ) they will suck for at least an another. Fans irrational hate for LeBron plus my own irrational hate of Kobe/ Lakers makes me root for Miami over any other contender.

My own team has sucked donkey balls for almost a decade and with the worst trade of all time ( Bynum ) they will suck for at least an another. Fans irrational hate for LeBron plus my own irrational hate of Kobe/ Lakers makes me root for Miami over any other contender.

I still don't understand why the Sixers would trade Iggy away to get Bynum without some guarantee that he would play.

effzee

There is no NBA without Magic.

And Lebrons team is actually more stacked than any I can remember after the 80s super teams. I mean Ray Allen comes off the bench...

An old serviceable yet no where near prime Ray Allen.

I think the Shaq-Kobe and Jordan bulls were more stacked.

cajunator

Banned
Not going to lie so do I. I have never seen so many ppl go crazy after he decided to go to Miami. Especially here in NYC where ppl assumed he was guaranteed to come. Stupid comparisons to what stars of the past would have done or where he should have gone. Fuck no one wants to go to or stay in Cleveland. Then the owner acting like LeBron was his property.

if I gave a shit about basketball I would cheer for the hornets/pelicans but I cant really find any excitement in the sport.

I still don't understand why the Sixers would trade Iggy away to get Bynum without some guarantee that he would play.

They just wanted to get Iggy's salary off the books. Plus Iggy was a terrible person who all the fans hated. Sucks Bynum didnt play but I would do that deal again in a second. 6ers are going to have a ton of cap room this offseason, hopefully they can lure a good player or 2 in.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I have a hard time watching sports where there is no interest in competitive balance. NBA has salary caps on players, but not teams. MLB gives no fucks. cfb and cbb are sadly working in that direction, too. Don't even get me started on the ridiculousness that is soccer.

RBH

I have a hard time watching sports where there is no interest in competitive balance. NBA has salary caps on players, but not teams. MLB gives no fucks. cfb and cbb are sadly working in that direction, too. Don't even get me started on the ridiculousness that is soccer.

I consider MLB to have more competitive balance than the NBA, which is saying something when you consider the differences in payroll in baseball.

Talon

MLB only has more competitive balance because one or two pitchers can carry a playoff series, leading to an 87 win team to win the World Series.

effzee

if I gave a shit about basketball I would cheer for the hornets/pelicans but I cant really find any excitement in the sport.

Well I mean if you don't like the sport not much you can do. I love the Sixers but the NBA is set up that if you don't have one of dominant players you can't do much.

They were stuck in the middle. Mediocre, good enough to get into the playoffs in the east, but not good enough to advance. On paper it made sense and if Bynum wasn't such a douche and cared about bball it might have worked. They took a huge risk considering his injuries and attitude and it backfired worse than anyone could imagine. He might not even play a single game as a Sixer since he is a unrestricted FA this summer.

Dwight Howard might be a man child but at least he wants to play and plays through pain. Bynum doesn't seem to care or be into it.

They just wanted to get Iggy's salary off the books. Plus Iggy was a terrible person who all the fans hated. Sucks Bynum didnt play but I would do that deal again in a second. 6ers are going to have a ton of cap room this offseason, hopefully they can lure a good player or 2 in.

What? First I'm hearing of this. Elaborate.

but its so awesome when the big clubs play each other! (spanish league)

At least EPL has 5-6 teams that can make some noise

jakncoke

Banned

But if you spend on the draft like the Yankees spend in FA, Bud Selig comes in and changes the rules cause that makes fucking sense. Im never going to stop bitching how that fucks the Pirates over and how fucking stupid it is they cap the draft but let teams spend as much as they want

squicken

We just need to get to the 32 team mega conference in CFB and things will be fine. But agreed on the other stuff. Basketball in particular. It's such a star driven sport that it is only worse. There's this cult of personality that develops around the stars that is kind of off-putting. It's fine to have favorite players, but Lakers fans with Kobe and Heat fans with Lebron are kind of creepy

Kacar

We just need to get to the 32 team mega conference in CFB and things will be fine. But agreed on the other stuff. Basketball in particular. It's such a star driven sport that it is only worse. There's this cult of personality that develops around the stars that is kind of off-putting. It's fine to have favorite players, but Lakers fans with Kobe and Heat fans with Lebron are kind of creepy

That's how i feel, it's just fans of just "players" that annoy me to no end, like all these people loved the cavs 3 years ago.

The epl has had the same team win 12 of the last 20 championships, and two teams have split the other 8. Fuck that.

Yeah but their 'championship' is just the team with the best record. It's lame as shit. I wish they'd copy American sports and adopt a post season playoff format.

MLB only has more competitive balance because one or two pitchers can carry a playoff series, leading to an 87 win team to win the World Series.
Sure, but that's the nature of the sport.

Basketball on the other hand can have one player (you don't even need two!) carry a team to a championship (Dirk!), and yet somehow... well, here are the 8 teams that have won a championship in my lifetime:

Bulls
Celtics
Heat
Lakers
Mavs
Pistons
Rockets
Spurs

And only one of them (Mavs) hasn't won multiple titles! You could contract 75% of the league and no one would notice. Such a pathetic league.

Top Bottom