• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

lol

Todd Collins
Doug Flutie
Rob Johnson
Alex Van Pelt
Drew Bledsoe
Kelly Holcomb
JP Losman
Trent Edwards
Ryan Fitzpatrick

poor bills

For real. How can you be this bad at evaluating talent? Flutie was pretty good though. He had a cereal and everything. But Johnson onward has been a continous cycle of suck. Though Fitz is better than Edwards who was slightly better than Losman. Van Pelt - Holcomb was the nadir of our shit sandwich

More Eagles news:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-contract-talks-dennis-dixon

Apparently they are in talks with Dixon, who is currently on the Ravens team. Don't know if he is going to be brought in for a starter role or just to provide depth as someone who knows and understands Kelly's offense. Doubt he comes in as a starter.

Chip obviously wont name Dixon the starter when they sign him, but he will get a chance to compete, and if it is between him and Foles I bet Dixon wins the job.

Foles cant possibly be that bad.

Oh he definitely can. No arm at all, cant even through a 20 yard pass unless his feet are set perfect, terrible decision making, horrible accuracy, and he is painfully slow. Dixon is also familiar with this offense. My guess for this season is they sign Dixon and draft EJ and then cut/trade Foles. Maybe Reid will be dumb enough to give us something for Foles.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Id like to see the Ravens call Flaccos bluff and then watch him go to some other team and fail miserably.

Flacco did great this year but that doesn't mean I'm confident he can pull it off again on some other team. I will believe he is worth 20+ million a year if he can take a team like Arizona deep into the playoffs.

Some Vikings news:

@TomPelissero: #Vikings center John Sullivan, who should made Pro Bowl, has undergone microfracture knee surgery.

Also rumors flying on Twitter that Ahmad Bradshaw may be next on the Giants cut list.

effzee

Oh he definitely can. No arm at all, cant even through a 20 yard pass unless his feet are set perfect, terrible decision making, horrible accuracy, and he is painfully slow. Dixon is also familiar with this offense. My guess for this season is they sign Dixon and draft EJ and then cut/trade Foles. Maybe Reid will be dumb enough to give us something for Foles.

Sounds good to me.

I wouldn't mind if he keeps Vick on the roster or a restructured contract. Open competition between Vick, Dixon, and whoever they pick up in the draft.

If they pick a QB in the draft. Really curious what happens with the #4 pick. Want a stud no matter what the position. Kelly has to hit a homerun with this pick. Oline, CB, Dline whoever it is.

Striker

Id like to see the Ravens call Flaccos bluff and then watch him go to some other team and fail miserably.

Flacco did great this year but that doesn't mean I'm confident he can pull it off again on some other team. I will believe he is worth 20+ million a year if he can take a team like Arizona deep into the playoffs.
If the Cards had any decent QB I'm sure they would've been in the wildcard hunt at the very least. The OL is still shitty, though.

@Future,

The Bradshaw thing was from last week where he stated he is aware the team is low on cash, and might opt to cut some higher price guys. Ideally, we may see Webster, Bradshaw, and Diehl cut.

This thread is barely about football anyway.

D. Rose was MVP. Any time he is healthy and playing he will contend for the MVP. How would that not be similar to teaming up with Wade.

Besides Wade and Bosh the rest of Miami, especially when signed, was a bunch of role players and 3 point shooters. Chicago actually has a better group of role players when it comes to defense, rebounding, and just playing as a team.

Because as good as Rose is, he isn't and more importantly, wasn't, a top 3 player in the league at the time Lebron made the decision. The way Lebron, Wade, and Bosh conspired to make a super trio is part of what I take issue with. If Lebron chose to go to the Bulls who had really solid pieces in place, but no mega star, that'd have been smart and respectable. Plugging into a team as a final crucial piece is fine, trying to just combine your might with top rival talent, not so much. You need more than one star on a team to win it all, that's not what I'm taking issue with, it's the level of stars teaming up here. Just no competitive spirit at all, simply teaming up with the biggest rival of your conference. Can you imagine if Bill Russel gave up on the Celtics and went to join Chamberlain so LA would just easily win year after year? Or if it went the other way around? Those guys competed against each other in what was probably the best rivalry in NBA history. I'm obviously not suggesting CLE had a rivalry with Miami, I'm just talking from a player stand point. The stars of the past just didn't do this shit in their prime.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Because as good as Rose is, he isn't and more importantly, wasn't, a top 3 player in the league at the time Lebron made the decision. The way Lebron, Wade, and Bosh conspired to make a super trio is part of what I take issue with. If Lebron chose to go to the Bulls who had really solid pieces in place, but no mega star, that'd have been smart and respectable. Plugging into a team as a final crucial piece is fine, trying to just combine your might with top rival talent, not so much. You need more than one star on a team to win it all, that's not what I'm taking issue with, it's the level of stars teaming up here. Just no competitive spirit at all, simply teaming up with the biggest rival of your conference. Can you imagine if Bill Russel gave up on the Celtics and went to join Chamberlain so LA would just easily win year after year? Or if it went the other way around? Those guys competed against each other in what was probably the best rivalry in NBA history. I'm obviously not suggesting CLE had a rivalry with Miami, I'm just talking from a player stand point. The stars of the past just didn't do this shit in their prime.

Let me clarify your points in three words:

The NBA sucks.

Let me clarify your points in three words:

The NBA sucks.

It does now though it pains me to say it. I've still grown up with it and won't ever stop watching the Suns, even if I resent myself for it. I also still love the game of Basketball. I had a long rant in the last NBA off season thread about what I thought was wrong with the league today and that the lockout created a real opportunity to fix things but they didn't. NFL has passed the NBA in interest for me because of how broken the league has become.

squicken

Twitter says Bradshaw is being cut today

edit: these poors whining about always on games and no used games. I can't remember the last place I went that didn't have wifi. Guess they'll have to decide between anime figurines and their weirdo RPGs

WanderingWind

I simply cannot get over all the fucking fouls and how purposely running into people and falling to the ground is an accepted part of the game.

We all mocked the Giants for that shit and even Goodell addressed it, even it if didn't have anything to do with money.

If people were allowed to actually just play basketball, I could watch it occasionally.

Striker

Just saw the Bradshaw news from NBC PFT.

Please keep Canty.

$4m in cap savings, apparently.
$4.5 on Boley according to Pat.

Miss ya, Ahmad

82384__boom2.gif

Sanjuro

I simply cannot get over all the fucking fouls and how purposely running into people and falling to the ground is an accepted part of the game.

We all mocked the Giants for that shit and even Goodell addressed it, even it if didn't have anything to do with money.

If people were allowed to actually just play basketball, I could watch it occasionally.

I watch it, still enjoy it, but it's far from being my favorite sport. The last few minutes of the game is brutal.

Cagey

Banned
Jerry Reese ain't fucking around. It's good to see. This team's ability to sleepwalk through 3-4 games every year was appalling, and some of the salaries just never matched production.

Bowser

Hope the Gettleman connection allows the Panthers to pick up Canty on the cheap, not to mention it'd be somewhat of a homecoming to where he played his HS ball (Charlotte Latin)

effzee

Dude what are you on? D. Rose at the time Lebron signed with Miami was already a MVP caliber player. Top 3 maybe not but def top 5 and most NBA fans would agree was playing at a higher level than Wade had played in years. D. Rose > Wade period. Lebron teaming up with Rose, possibly Bosh, with the likes of Deng and other role players on Chicago would be far more lethal than what they have in Miami.

And those old rivalries you keep bringing up? From a different era, from before FA, and those guys were part of dynasties where they already played with HOF players. Why would they leave?

I just find it weird. Mario Williams leaves Houston for money and only money. Lebron leaves Cleveland to win a championship. Who cares if its by teaming up with another great talent? That is how almost all teams ever win. Who cares if MJ wouldn't have done it? We don't even know if he was playing in todays game and was by himself on a terrible team if he would have left or not.

Striker

Canty didn't play a lot, but was really productive when he did appear if I remember right. Thought he'd take a pay cut or something.
He was pretty damn good in 2011. I think Canty, JPP and Boley all had really good years but it wasn't until Osi came back and Tuck magically came on late the defense began getting strong.

Sanjuro

College basketball is usually better than the nba, but its fucking awfuk this year

Ehhhh...

I'm also from the northeast as well. We don't give a fuck about college sports here.

I used to be a PC Friars fan, but would follow some of the other teams when they had star athletes. Marcus Camby, Odom, etc.

effzee

They are attempting to cut down on flopping.

I still really enjoy watching basketball even if the league is structured in a way that only allowed 2-3 teams to be successful. The Sixers haven't been relevant or in contention since almost a decade ago. You always need to hit one major player otherwise you are forever stuck in a cycle of mediocrity.

Playoff basketball is great. Love the match ups and the 7 game series. The Miami Boston games last playoffs were tons of fun to watch. Knicks Miami this year might be epic if they happen to match up.

squicken

basketball and boreball suck, no matter the level. college football is awesome but national signing day is creepy. seeing people i follow tweet to 17 year olds about shit would get them arrested if those were girls

I said it earlier in the 2012 season, the 2013 Giants are going to look very different. I know some said he might stick but not at his price tag. Canty, I'm honestly surprised. I thought they might try to reduce his salary considering we are a bit thin at DT.

David Wilson and Andre Brown future. I'm good with this (though don't rule out Bradshaw being brought back at vet minimum).

Gooster said:
Canty didn't play a lot, but was really productive when he did appear if I remember right.
When healthy, Canty was excellent IMO. Played extremely well in both 2010 and 2011. 2009 and 2012 he was injured though.

Webster has got to be next, IMO.

DRose aint better than Wade get that shit out of here (All-time ranking-wise, of course current Rose is better than current Wade). Rose gets hurt too often while Wade plays hurt. 2 rings to 0 rings. Kobe hasn't even won a ring without a hell of a support cast, the whole argument is just salty nonMiami fans being salty. DRose was/is a fucking stud though and if he went to Chicago the Decision would still be a thing. None of this matter though because the NBA is a complete joke. Playoffs is all I can take nowadays. I had season tickets for the Heat in '04. And we're now awesome but I don't care nearly as much.

WanderingWind

I said it earlier in the 2012 season, the 2013 Giants are going to look very different. I know some said he might stick but not at his price tag. Canty, I'm honestly surprised. I thought they might try to reduce his salary considering we are a bit thin at DT.

David Wilson and Andre Brown future. I'm good with this (though don't rule out Bradshaw being brought back at vet minimum).

Eh, since you're losing so many players on defense you really ought to think about dumping Eli's huge contract and testing out somebody like Freeman or Vick to fill the void while you rebuild.

Top Bottom