• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

JABEE

Oh yeah, I finished the Uncharted series. I really like those games, even if I feel the game play is sometimes lacking, I really like the atmosphere and story.

I really loved the Uncharted games on PS3. Still haven't finished the Vita one that I started last year at launch. Now that I have it on my Vita as a digital copy I got with PS+, I think I may finally get to it.

JABEE

I hope all of NFL-GAF's North East members don't get hit too hard in this storm, especially the guys in New England. SJ doesn't look like it will get more than 3 or 4 inches of snow, but Boston is looking at over two feet of snow tomorrow or I mean today.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I hope all of NFL-GAF's North East members don't get hit too hard in this storm, especially the guys in New England. SJ doesn't look like it will get more than 3 or 4 inches of snow, but Boston is looking at over two feet of snow tomorrow or I mean today.

I really hope this sort of shit happens for next year's Super Bowl. Stay warm, enjoy the day off, play video games.

MechDX

WOOHOO!! Tax return is hitting today! Time for a new A/V receiver! Still on my old Onkyo 606. Thinking about for the Onkyo 616, 6 HDMI inputs with 3D pass through

MechDX

http://www.footballperspective.com/does-pre-season-strength-of-schedule-matter/

A look at upcoming strength of schedule and how using SOS and pure won-loss is useless. Using previous year's SRS slightly less useless

5 toughest
Panthers
Saints
Vikes
Pack
Lions

5 easiest
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs
Texans

jnc..no. Texans have @Niners, Seahawks, Broncos, Patriots, @Ravens and the Colts twice and we have Schaub at QB

Why is the whole AFC West in that list? What divisions do they play?

Striker

Giants have an easier schedule compared to what they're normally set up with. AFC West and the NFC North are the divisions they play.

squicken

Rams gets the AFCS and NFCS. I expect the AFCS will be the same as last year, maybe HOU and IND flipped, but NFCS should be stronger. Colts obviously get NFCW which sucks, but getting AFCW is very nice

Hunter S.

I really have no problem with the rest of the AFC West sucking ballz. Didn't chokeland have the lowest payroll last year? Hahaha

Unfortunately, McCoy might help the Chargers against the Broncos. Keyword is "might".

Watching last years Browns vs Raiders. Weeden can throw some damn nice passes when he has time. He needs to have another year, or someone just to spark his ass in gear.

I know, I know, It was against the Raiders...

squicken

Watching last years Browns vs Raiders. Weeden can throw some damn nice passes when he has time. He needs to have another year, or someone just to spark his ass in gear.

[spoier]I know, I know, It was against the Raiders...[/spoiler]

I don't see how Matt Flynn or Alex Smith are substantial upgrades over him, or really anyone in the draft. It'd probably be worth it for them to give up two #1s for Flacco, but I imagine BAL will give him the exclusive tag if they do in fact tag him

I don't see how Matt Flynn or Alex Smith are substantial upgrades over him, or really anyone in the draft. It'd probably be worth it for them to give up two #1s for Flacco, but I imagine BAL will give him the exclusive tag if they do in fact tag him

Those guys aren't. Smith is okay, but hardly a huge upgrade. I'd be okay with a Tavaris Jackson tier guy being brought in to battle in camp, to make Weeds work for it. With Norv and Chud in town, they'll make him better.

Screw giving the Ravens anything for Flacco.

WedgeX

Banned
Usually I'd be preparing for a blizzard. Or driving in one, at least. Now it's just...rain. Living south of the Mason-Dixie line is weird.

Small hands is younger and has had waaaaaay more success in the NFL. His problem is he is afraid of his own shadow, and never takes any chances. Weeds on the other hand had the worst #'s on 3rd down and in the redzone of any QB in the NFL last year. I hate on small hands all the time but I definitely think he is an upgrade. The problem is neither guy is going to win anything, both are just stop gaps until they can get a guy they can win with. Depending on money they might actually be better for just giving the old man another year.

squicken

Small hands is younger and has had waaaaaay more success in the NFL. His problem is he is afraid of his own shadow, and never takes any chances. Weeds on the other hand had the worst #'s on 3rd down and in the redzone of any QB in the NFL last year. I hate on small hands all the time but I definitely think he is an upgrade. The problem is neither guy is going to win anything, both are just stop gaps until they can get a guy they can win with. Depending on money they might actually be better for just giving the old man another year.

It's hard to quantify how bad Shurmur is as a play caller, or just as a coach of QBs. He tried to take a college spread QB, straight line speed WRs, a power back, and run a WCO. Norv is a good offensive coordinator. Alex had his best season pre-Harbs w/ him. I just don't think Alex has the arm to run a vertical passing game in Cleveland's weather. Weeden does. I'm not saying Weeden's going to be a Pro-Bowler, but Alex is an incremental upgrade

brentech

'house of cards' is pretty decent.
Will at least be an interesting watch to get me through to Walking Dead and other shows coming back

Talon

'house of cards' is pretty decent.
Will at least be an interesting watch to get me through to Walking Dead and other shows coming back
Loving it so far. Through Episode 10
I was worried that the protagonist wouldn't be as ruthless as the british counterpart.

I was wrong.

brentech

Loving it so far. Through Episode 10
I was worried that the protagonist wouldn't be as ruthless as the british counterpart.

I was wrong.
Wasn't aware there was a British series. I'm only on second episode.

Only real annoying issue to me is Spacey talking directly into the camera in his weird creepy voice.

Talon

Only real annoying issue to me is Spacey talking directly into the camera in his weird creepy voice.
It's a hallmark of the British series. Sort of a "kissing the ring" situation, and I think it works.

First episode I thought that was kinda wierd, but I think it added to the show and was enjoyable as it went on. Finished up the series

squicken

A look at Drive Stats for RG3, Russ, and Luck

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/nfls-rookie-the-year-finalists-2012-drive-stats/21378/

captureclubu.jpg

Stay safe all.

Gonna be a bumpy ride

Tamanon

Banned

It was a bit jarring at first, but then started to mesh really well and also helps to keep the viewer from falling under Spacey's spell. Episode 4 spoiler;
Like when he was giving the eulogy. It seemed heartfelt if not for the little camera speech right before it to let you know the purpose.

Talon

There are six “Tier A” tackles on Polians list: Miami’s Jake Long, New Orleans’ Jermon Bushrod, Detroit’s Gosder Cherilus, Kansas City’s Branden Albert, Denver’s Ryan Clady and New England’s Sebastian Vollmer.
ESPN Insider
This is why Polian is not in the league anymore. Bushrod, Vollmer and Cherilus anywhere near the same tier as Clady or even Long (health be damned)?

Nuts.

squicken

I do like the right tackle depth in FA. Rams and Colts desperate there. But I imagine the price will be high for the top few, and then after that, the value is crap.

Top Bottom