• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

harSon

Banned
He should have kept the beard

Keisel_CleanShaven_Article.jpg

bionic77

Stay safe all.

Gonna be a bumpy ride
Its just snow. Stay inside and home if you can. Try not to go on the roads or shovel too much snow if you are susceptible to a heart attack and you will be fine.

I have to go to a shit hole called Wilkes Barre for a deposition and a mediation conference so I might be stuck in this shit.

:(

Its just snow. Stay inside and home if you can. Try not to go on the roads or shovel too much snow if you are susceptible to a heart attack and you will be fine.

I have to go to a shit hole called Wilkes Barre for a deposition and a mediation conference so I might be stuck in this shit.

Hey, you'll be in my neck of the woods, well a good 40 minutes or so away. But you're right, Wilkes-Barre has become a shit hole for crime and drugs. And Scranton has no fuckin money. Great times! Anyway, the storm is a no show here at the moment. We had a dusting early this morning and right now it's not doing anything. I guess the worst is supposed to come this evening, but we'll see.

He should have kept the beard

Keisel_CleanShaven_Article.jpg

No more head and shoulders for his beard then.
Small hands is younger and has had waaaaaay more success in the NFL. His problem is he is afraid of his own shadow, and never takes any chances. Weeds on the other hand had the worst #'s on 3rd down and in the redzone of any QB in the NFL last year. I hate on small hands all the time but I definitely think he is an upgrade. The problem is neither guy is going to win anything, both are just stop gaps until they can get a guy they can win with. Depending on money they might actually be better for just giving the old man another year.

You can't say a guy is never going to win anything based on one year. Give him better coaching (check), better skill position guys (no where to go but up), he's got a chance ;)

Dragon

Banned

Yeah it's not snowing that hard in NYC at the moment, thankfully. I don't expect the foot that some forecasters have said here, none of it has stuck really either.

bionic77

Hey, you'll be in my neck of the woods, well a good 40 minutes or so away. But you're right, Wilkes-Barre has become a shit hole for crime and drugs. And Scranton has no fuckin money. Great times! Anyway, the storm is a no show here at the moment. We had a dusting early this morning and right now it's not doing anything. I guess the worst is supposed to come this evening, but we'll see.
Where do you live?

I live near Allentown but we want to move to Doylestown in a year or so. Please tell me you don't live near Scranton. This place sucks!

squicken

The Governor of Mass has banned people from driving, with a year in prison for violations? Man you guys up there really like your lil' despots

21 fucking drives started in opponent territory?

Colts fans can only dream of such nonsense.

We have three different tiers here. Wilson rarely trailed, and actually never trailed by three scores until the NFC Divisional game in Atlanta (the Falcons went up 20-0). Wilson was either ahead or tied to start 69.4 percent of his drives.

Griffin and Luck had inferior defenses, so they did trail more, especially Luck. It is hard to believe the Colts were 11-5 when they trailed on 51.1 percent of their drives this season. But that is the value of having seven game-winning drives.

This will hardly be the last time these quarterbacks are compared to each other. Expectations are sky high moving forward for each of them after a historic beginning to their careers.

This is the year the Colts get a good defense and O-line, right guys?

Where do you live?

I live near Allentown but we want to move to Doylestown in a year or so. Please tell me you don't live near Scranton. This place sucks!

Yep, unfortunately I'm 20 minutes north of Scranton. The best spots in this area are the ones away from the towns, more rural or the Poconos region even. Because the majority of the towns are lands that time forgot and are mostly havens for NYC riff raff. The lone plus side is that housing and cost of living is much cheaper than say down towards Philly. My sis is down that way and is always crying about money.

squicken

Shurmur named OC in Philly. Seems weird. Figure Kelly would call plays, but I guess Shurmur is a guy who knows league and can help gameplan

Also, Gabbert gets one more year to produce

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-year-to-impress-jaguars?campaign=Twitter_atl

21 fucking drives started in opponent territory?

Colts fans can only dream of such nonsense.

This is the year the Colts get a good defense and O-line, right guys?

Yeah Colts always had a long field and never had turnovers. Just didn't have the personnel to run a 3-4. The record is just incredible, awful schedule or not

Hope that Pagano can fix the defense while not meddling with offense

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

This is why I'm not as high on Wilson as RG3 and Luck. I still think Luck has the worst team overall.

Stay safe all.

Gonna be a bumpy ride

....I read this in a Jamaican accent darn you

Sunny and 60 here :)

Yesterday we hit 83, I don't miss that shit at all. Fuck Snow and Ice!!!

I hate this weather in Houston....gross.

mr2xxx

Banned

mr2xxx

Banned
Surprise, mr2xxx says it doesn't matter.

Starting position is a matter of defense and special teams primarily, it shouldn't be used to compare the three QBs. Luck was better than Wilson when getting the ball at the 20 only, at every other position on the field Wilson was better, and RG3 was better everywhere compared to Luck.

That stat doesn't really matter unless all you wanna do is whine and make excuses for a certain player. While this stat actually shows how successful each player is with the starting field position given, which means that even if they all had the same starting position then Luck would still be the worse of the 3.

chartwx.jpg

That's still skewed. Near the end of the season (1 or 2 games out):

The Redskins are ranked 1st in the NFL in rushing using convention stats. They have 477 attempts, 2,435 yards, 18 TDs, and 5.1 yard-per-carry average. Alfred Morris has rushed for 1,413 yards and 10 TDs.

The Seahawks are ranked 2nd in the NFL in rushing using convention stats. They have 467 attempts, 2,426 yards, 15 TDs, and a 4.8 yards-per-carry average. Marshawn Lynch has rushed for 1,490 yards and 11 TDs.

Colts:

22nd in rushing, 407 attempts, 1,590 yards, 10 TDs, and a 3.9 yards-per-carry average. Vick Ballard is the leading rusher with 736 yards and 1 TD.

This might have had something to do with drive success.

squicken

Colts:

Or that the Colts have a giant need at multiple offensive line positions, and WAS and SEA will only be addressing that for depth. I personally think Wilson had the best year, but he also had the best situation to work in. That's usually how it works

Ever since Marshal and Edge colts sure have gone through sea of stinkers

Donald!

Ænima

Can we all at least agree that they are probably injecting RGIII with concentrated deer antler as we speak, and that he will be back stronger than ever next season?

mr2xxx

Banned

Colts:

I don't see how that is skewed since there is no mention of that in the article?

While I agree that Beast mode and the Butler are better than Ballard it is hard to say by how much, since RG3 and Wilson are such pivotal parts to it which makes a direct run game comparison difficult between the Colts and the other two.

Or that the Colts have a giant need at multiple offensive line positions, and WAS and SEA will only be addressing that for depth. I personally think Wilson had the best year, but he also had the best situation to work in. That's usually how it works
!

LIEEEEESSSSSS!!!!! We have one of the worst RT in the game, besides that we are fine on the offensive line, not elite but fine.

This. I'm not saying that Luck was decisively better and he has obvious issues that need to be worked on, but more was asked of him and he had to do more with less. Can't wait for next season, for all three QBs.

I don't see how that is skewed since there is no mention of that in the article?

While I agree that Beast mode and the Butler are better than Ballard it is hard to say by how much, since RG3 and Wilson are such pivotal parts to it which makes a direct run game comparison difficult between the Colts and the other two.

It's skewed because the run game contributed much more to drive success for WASH/SEA than with the Colts, regardless of whether or not it was included in that article.

I like Ballard and next season will be his chance to prove his worth, but I agree that the play of Wilson/RG3 makes it difficult to directly compare the run games.

Poor, poor Donald. I maintain that he'll beast somewhere else when he gets traded.

Top Bottom