• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

I know this feel. I was rooting against you but that is the worst feeling waking up Monday morning. After the Broncos won in 1997, I was nauseated everytime John Elway was on tv and Terrell Davis doing that dumb salute.

You know what feels great? Slumping into the playoffs with a team you know isn't as good as last years, being underdogs in almost every game, expecting to win one game, then winning the whole damn thing.

Followed by your team extending your slighty above average, playoff hero QB to a record contract that tanks your franchise for half a decade

Spinluck

It's best to just avoid tv the week after.

I got over our loss pretty quickly.

Thanks to that stupid fucking commercial where they replayed the Tracy Porter pick 6 over and over again. That commercial played into the playoffs of the following year, lol. You kinda get numb to it.

I was like "yea, Manning choked", and got the fuck over it.

Maybe after every Superbowl, they should take the game deciding play, and turn it into a lame commercial.

Spinluck

Holy shit at Larry's avy.

I've been using my phone for most of this NFL season to access GAF because my other laptop crapped out after 3yrs(piece of shit, I still miss you though, love my new one :^)). And the avy was too small for me to notice what it was, lol. Bravo Larry.

squicken

130205wilson600ykudn.jpg

Already have 2013 offseason preview in magazine

Godslay

Banned
I know this feel. I was rooting against you but that is the worst feeling waking up Monday morning. After the Broncos won in 1997, I was nauseated everytime John Elway was on tv and Terrell Davis doing that dumb salute.

Personally, I think I fapped that entire week. Hell I still fap to TD's amazing run, what a fucking guy! So much power and speed in one package.

Godslay

Banned
Choosing ones team from across the country is different from being local at some point, always. ;-)

Sure, there is nothing like being right in the thick of things. Gator has put up with more shit over his alleigiance than just about anyone else in this thread. He's good in my book. Like I've said before, if he could make it through the jagatar hell week, he's a Pat's fan.

Spinluck

Im addicted to that Marvel Avengers game on facebook.

Its like a combination of pokemon and superheroes.

One my FACEBOOK friends used to always send me request to play that fucking game, literally, at least 3 times a day. My notifications would stack, and I would assume it's cool interesting stuff happening on my Facebook.. negative. I'm kind of a dick for ignoring him, but fuck, after the 500th time I ignored you; you'd think you'd get it. Nope.

squicken

lol how could anyone think I'm a Seattle fan? Just think it's clear that Russell is going to be great, young defense, and a coach who can get the best pharmacological products in the NFL. SF has played a lot of extra playoff games the last two years. Most guys on D play the whole game. Lots of snaps and they aren't young. D fell apart w/o Justin Smith who is 34. They wasted a couple of years of really good players with Singletary

Speaking of, I'm hoping it's Fisher doing a courtesy to an old friend. I really wouldn't be torn up, even if they hired him. He'd surely be backstopped by the rest of the staff if he struggled

Just watched Sound FX: Championship Week, and in the Bal/Denver game , after Jacoby scored to take it to overtime, Suggs yelled to the crowd, "Don't y'all wish, at time like this, you had Tim Tebow?"

Awesome

Hunter S.

Sure, there is nothing like being right in the thick of things. Gator has put up with more shit over his alleigiance than just about anyone else in this thread. He's good in my book. Like I've said before, if he could make it through the jagatar hell week, he's a Pat's fan.

Well, the Avalanche suck at hockey and I consider myself a slight Chicago fan since last year. Watching Chicago win is not even 1/6th the joy of seeing the Avs win when they dominated. Your a fan of course, but there is nothing beating being in you own territory/city/state.

lol how could anyone think I'm a Seattle fan? Just think it's clear that Russell is going to be great, young defense, and a coach who can get the best pharmacological products in the NFL. SF has played a lot of extra playoff games the last two years. Most guys on D play the whole game. Lots of snaps and they aren't young. D fell apart w/o Justin Smith who is 34. They wasted a couple of years of really good players with Singletary

Speaking of, I'm hoping it's Fisher doing a courtesy to an old friend. I really wouldn't be torn up, even if they hired him. He'd surely be backstopped by the rest of the staff if he struggled

who is old on our defense besides justin smith? and if you think the defense "fell apart" without smith go look at some of our games throughout the season. same ol story in all of our losses. we allow points early and tighten up late. we allowed 16 second half points combined in all of our playoff games.

seattle over achieved last year and won a lot of close games. 5 of their 11 wins were by 7 points or less. whats that phrase that you loved last year? regression to the mean? we'll see

Rams suck come join us.

dakilla13

who is old on our defense besides justin smith? and if you think the defense "fell apart" without smith go look at some of our games throughout the season. same ol story in all of our losses. we allow points early and tighten up late. we allowed 16 second half points combined in all of our playoff games.

seattle over achieved last year and won a lot of close games. 5 of their 11 wins were by 7 points or less. whats that phrase that you loved last year? regression to the mean? we'll see

The Hawks also lost 5 games by 7 points or less. So they went 5-5 in close games.

www.thuzio.com is nuts, just read about it on grantland. You can book an athlete to do stuff with. It's ashame the only one worth a damn in my area is Denarus Moore. I wonder if 1000$ is worth it to have lunch with him.

Spinluck

For those that missed Arian Foster vs The Iron Sheik on Twitter earlier:
foster1_zpsd7a20eaf.png

foster2_zpsc22ed81c.png

Duane Brown (Texans LT) was egging it on.

Well that was fucking stupid, those Duane and Sheik guys seem like cunts.

And I still cannot understand the layout of Twitter convos. Fuck my out of touch ass.

College, jst carried a girl upstairs to my room because she couldnt find her dorm keys. U guys will prob call me a pussy

If you don't fuck her then damn right you are!

uhhh why arent you pounding her vag right now or face fucking her?

This is a a good, reasonable question.

One my FACEBOOK friends used to always send me request to play that fucking game, literally, at least 3 times a day. My notifications would stack, and I would assume it's cool interesting stuff happening on my Facebook.. negative. I'm kind of a dick for ignoring him, but fuck, after the 500th time I ignored you; you'd think you'd get it. Nope.

This is my first facebook game that I've actually put time into. My general rule is that I only send requests to people who already play the game or close buddies that I want to get playing or at least will call up and say, "hey fucker send me some shield points so I can level up Captain America"

Shit is annoying if someone you barely know sends you 10 requests a day for a game you have no interest in.

I just spent like an hour on that game..
Im addicted :(

Dont I know it. I thought I would never succumb to a free to play browser game. But they just had to make a Marvel game where the focus is collecting heroes and costumes in order to battle other players.

Top Bottom