• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

It was bad for the stage they were on, but expected cus of his lack of experience. Had he started the entire season, that may have not been an issue for him. I think he's a good player and agree with you. He's a better and most importantly smarter runner than RGIII. But his body size also aids him. When he ran that option up the middle I cringed, lol.

I don't know about better. Nobody is better at running the read option than Griff--Kaep probably could have ran for 150 yards based on what I saw last night, he handed the ball to gore too many times when he could have taken the edge.

He is smarter though, RGIII takes a lot of risks to get the extra 1st down.

I hope Kaep continues to improve though. I don't like how long he takes to deliver the ball--guys make their breaks and he hits team way too late sometimes, but he's basically a rook right now so I love his potential.

bionic77

Refs were as shit as usual, meaning they were fine.

The one thing I did not like was how they did not throw out that Ravens player who was punching a Niners after the INT. I think that criminal even shoved a ref and yet still did not get tossed.

Would not have any effect on the outcome, but I just like to see justice done and Ravens punished for their stupidity.

bionic77

I don't know about better. Nobody is better at running the read option than Griff--Kaep probably could have ran for 150 yards based on what I saw last night, he handed the ball to gore too many times when he could have taken the edge.

He is smarter though, RGIII takes a lot of risks to get the extra 1st down.

I hope Kaep continues to improve though. I don't like how long he takes to deliver the ball--guys make their breaks and he hits team way too late sometimes, but he's basically a rook right now so I love his potential.
Kaep was definitely a little scared last night. Not especially surprising considering how green he is. You could really seem him shitting his pants on almost every pass after that horrible INT.

Not a good time to shit your pants though. Might be a long time before the Niners get back there.

Just imagine when Mallett prolongs that streak of you guys not winning the East for another 10 years. Since Brady is just a system QB, Mallett can step in and dominate as well.
Haha, I've never been one of those "Brady is only good because of the system" guys but Bill is definitely good at maximizing the potential of his QB's (and all of his players, for that matter).

Of course, once Tannehill gets some receivers it won't really matter who's playing QB for the Pats.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Aldon Smith feasted on bum tackles like Jamarcus Trash for 6 sacks inflated his numbers big time. He disappeared big time since Justin Smith got hurt.

Haha, I've never been one of those "Brady is only good because of the system" guys but Bill is definitely good at maximizing the potential of his QB's (and all of his players, for that matter).

Of course, once Tannehill gets some receivers it won't really matter who's playing QB for the Pats.

Once the Pats get a defense it wont matter what receivers the Dolphins have.

eznark

Banned
Hey, Darkest, is there a way to transfer information between SD cards for the 3DS? Can I just buy a newer card and c/p everything over to it from a PC? Layton and Fire Emblem are too big for the card that came with it, but I had no fucking idea what a "block" was so I didn't know that til I tried to download it last night.

Funny. It has came to light that Caldwell wasn't responsible for our over conservative-ness back in the day. He was a puppet coach. We should've unlocked his full potential.

Fucking Irsay and Polian.

Jim was a terrible Coach though lol. He should stay a coordinator.

As long as Jim can't call timeouts or throw challenges, I guess he's ok.

Hey, Darkest, is there a way to transfer information between SD cards for the 3DS? Can I just buy a newer card and c/p everything over to it from a PC? Layton and Fire Emblem are too big for the card that came with it, but I had no fucking idea what a "block" was so I didn't know that til I tried to download it last night.
Apparently it's as simple as dragging and dropping to and from a PC:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...menu=ctr-ht-settings-transfer-data-between-sd

bionic77

Brady is more durable than the Rapist.
Thats because he has the best line in football and is such a pussy he goes down when pressure comes instead of standing up and delivering the ball (that is when he is not going cleats out and trying to take out homeless guys' knees).

Niners radio was a lot of fun this morning. The hosts wanted to talk about anything but the refs, but every caller ONLY wanted to talk about the refs. They were shedding callers like crazy.

Also, Gata, you were wrong. We did win. FACE!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Refs were as shit as usual, meaning they were fine.

The one thing I did not like was how they did not throw out that Ravens player who was punching a Niners after the INT. I think that criminal even shoved a ref and yet still did not get tossed.

Would not have any effect on the outcome, but I just like to see justice done and Ravens punished for their stupidity.

I was wondering this as well. Felt like if it was another game you'd have a double ejection on both sides.

Scab refs just lost control.

So Dolphins age is Jeff Ireland fired yet? Do we even have draft picks???
Ireland has basically set the team to do big things this offseason. 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and $40 million + in cap room means they could look very different (and hopefully better) by the start of next season.

Ireland hasn't been great but he has improved over the past few years (especially since Parcells left). This will be his make or break year, I'd say.

bionic77

Brady is more durable than the Rapist.

Ben gets hit like that 8 times a game. So do Rodgers and Vick.

Pats fans don't realize that a lot of qbs are actually allowed to be hit and don't get a flag when they start crying.

We play the fucking Ravens (one of the dirtiest and hard hitting teams in football) twice a year and every year they try to hurt all of our players, especially Ben.

Ben gets hit like that 8 times a game. So does Rodgers and Vick.

Pats fans don't realize that a lot of qbs are actually allowed to be hit and don't get a flag when they start crying.

We play the fucking Ravens (one of the dirtiest and hard hitting teams in football) twice a year and every year they try to hurt all of our players, especially Ben.

Can't wait until the Pats get to abuse Ben in new England next season.

eznark

Banned
Isaac and Delanie are UFA, so is that fraud Goldson but he sucks anyway. Losing Isaac would be a big loss for that D.

Yup, he's really the only player they need to keep so I imagine they will. I don't think the NT franchise tag is very high. Ngata is getting $8.5 so I'm guessing he will command something similar, but even if they are up against it cap wise they will dump Alex Smith which saves some money.

Fjordson

Only free agents of note for San Fran are Dashon Goldson and Isaac Sopoaga.

Randy is probably gone. Would rather them go out and get a real deep threat to replace him (sorry Randy).

Edit: forgot about Delanie.

My brother is in the "I'm going to Disneyworld commercial"

He signed a waiver, and they were going to film it before the blackout, with them pretending something great happened. The blackout happened, the Niners came back and the film crew didn't. But in the end, they did film them, just reacting to the game, instead of acting. He's the idiot with a purple headband right in the front of the shot next to some classy dude with a painted face and purple pimp hat and cape.

P5VG9Td.jpg

You can't really see miniature Michael Jordan good enough can you ?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So how much is Flacco going to get. There are reports he turned down $16 million per yr already.

He'll get the $20 million per year deal he wanted probably. Which means that Rodgers is going to get a monster deal.

Thanks Flacco :(

Talon

He'll get the $20 million per year deal he wanted probably. Which means that Rodgers is going to get a monster deal.

Thanks Flacco :(
Rodgers is grossly underpaid. What, $9.5 million/year? All credit to him for not crowing about it at all.

bionic77

So how much is Flacco going to get. There are reports he turned down $16 million per yr already.
He is going to be either the highest paid qb in the league or at worst in the top 3 in salary.

Ravens have no choice but to pay the man. They would have saved probably 30-40 million dollars if they paid him last year.

:lol

Ireland has basically set the team to do big things this offseason. 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and $40 million + in cap room means they could look very different (and hopefully better) by the start of next season.

Ireland hasn't been great but he has improved over the past few years (especially since Parcells left). This will be his make or break year, I'd say.

I hope we can draw some marquee free agents (at wide receiver) and fill in some slots in the cornerback and O-line to support Tanny. If Ireland makes the right moves I'll start to kinda warm up to him being the GM for a while
I still hate his guts though

He is going to be either the highest paid qb in the league or at worst in the top 3 in salary.

Ravens have no choice but to pay the man. They would have saved probably 30-40 million dollars if they paid him last year.

:lol

You should be happy, here's why:

Ravens Free Agents:

Ed Reed
Dannell Ellerbe
Maake Kemoeatu
Paul Kruger
Carey Williams
Bryant McKinnie

Matt Birk and Ray Lewis retiring. All of them starters.

RFAs that matter: Dennis Pitta, Ed Dickson, and Arthur Jones.

Going to be real hard to fill those holes.

Oh well, SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!

Top Bottom