• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

tumblr_mi0t8ey83J1rp5oiro1_500.gif

Greg

You basically don't, you just buy new ones. There is a staff you can get that will repair a weapon but it only has one use and it's really just meant for extending the life of some super incredible unique item or something.
Getting off topic the off topic. Any new 2013 tunes I should check out? There are quite a few releases I'm looking forward to, but the beginning of the year has been slow so far.

Getting off topic the off topic. Any new 2013 tunes I should check out? There are quite a few releases I'm looking forward to, but the beginning of the year has been slow so far.
I had actually being meaning to ask you the same thing recently. I've been listening to some metalcore stuff here and there (Wolves at the Gate, Elitist) but those are all from 2012.

Something to be excited about though --- the ex-lead singer of Becoming the Archetype has a new band and they're in the studio right now. Solamors is the band name, and they're claiming to be melodic death metal. Could be good! Not sure if you liked At the Throne of Judgment but apparently they're back together and recording now as well.

I don't want to make a new thread for this, and I've been googling for 20 minutes without luck, so I go to you all for possible help.

My friend wants to start a website and has asked me to help. It's basically a photoblog (although, I've been pushing him to include more orginial content), as he puts it "a more urban theChive." I'm convinced he can't just cruise instagram and facebook public photos for provocative pics of girls with curves, and then post them to his site, for legal reasons. It seems like they could sue, rightly, for having these pictures posted without permission. Anyone confirm this, I know some you have careers in internet related fields, so if you have any clue, I'd appreciate it.

Edited Post to reflect true intention: not assiting friend in search, but to check for legality of his plan.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No surprise at Lousyana drivers. The refugees from Katrina who came to Houston still piss me off to this day and I'm sure they contribute to Texas low ranking.

Oh and drivers in the Woodlands and Wienke

I'm the only one who doesn't drive like an idiot because I'm accustomed to living in an area where the most important job of a cop is to give out tickets for going 11 over the limit or "moving violations". I've seen people pull a lot of crap off in front of the sherrifs around here that garners zero response of any kind. Since there is zero crime in the woodlands, I can see why most of the police waste their time riding horses all day.

Weird that New England is rated so highly since I never saw anyone pulled over there either but I do remember people riding with me hyperventilating because I would travel in the left lane. If I'm not holding people up, why does it matter?

Dragon

Banned
I'm the only one who doesn't drive like an idiot because I'm accustomed to living in an area where the most important job of a cop is to give out tickets for going 11 over the limit or "moving violations". I've seen people pull a lot of crap off in front of the sherrifs around here that garners zero response of any kind. Since there is zero crime in the woodlands, I can see why most of the police waste their time riding horses all day.

Weird that New England is rated so highly since I never saw anyone pulled over there either but I do remember people riding with me hyperventilating because I would travel in the left lane. If I'm not holding people up, why does it matter?

If you care about traffic laws, the left lane is a passing lane and shouldn't be used for anything else. But it's like one of those laws that no one knows well and no one follows so who gives a shit. Thankfully I don't have to drive anymore, commuting on the pike every day was annoying. Especially certain times of the year when the sun is directly in the west in the afternoon and you can't see shit on your way home.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If you care about traffic laws, the left lane is a passing lane and shouldn't be used for anything else. But it's like one of those laws that no one knows well and no one follows so who gives a shit. Thankfully I don't have to drive anymore, commuting on the pike every day was annoying. Especially certain times of the year when the sun is directly in the west in the afternoon and you can't see shit on your way home.

It must be different in Mass. than Arkansas then. Only law I was ever aware of was "left lane fast, right lane slow". It wasn't until 15 years ago there that they finally instituted a law that allowed people to get pulled over for camping in the left lane holding up traffic.

I only really drove between North Dartmouth and Quincy and New Bedford to North Dartmouth while there....wasn't too bad but like I said, zero cops and the drivers never really went more than 5 over.

Houston is just a whole lot angrier by contrast. The whole city is choking to death from road rage, "road entitlement", and traffic.

Hopefully I'll be moving to Minneapolis in a few months!

eznark

Banned
You basically don't, you just buy new ones. There is a staff you can get that will repair a weapon but it only has one use and it's really just meant for extending the life of some super incredible unique item or something.

Lame!

I've cruised through the first 7 chapters and I suddenly realize I have no idea how any of the systems actually work.

Greg

I had actually being meaning to ask you the same thing recently. I've been listening to some metalcore stuff here and there (Wolves at the Gate, Elitist) but those are all from 2012.

Something to be excited about though --- the ex-lead singer of Becoming the Archetype has a new band and they're in the studio right now. Solamors is the band name, and they're claiming to be melodic death metal. Could be good! Not sure if you liked At the Throne of Judgment but apparently they're back together and recording now as well.
Ohhh, glad to hear that about the Becoming the Archetype singer - their new vocalist completely turned me off from the new CD, so I'll definitely check out that new project.

And I haven't heard from At the Throne of Judgement in forever! Sentinel was on one of my workout playlists for a long time.

2 CDs to look forward to in the next month while we're on the topic of some -core music (if you aren't familiar already):

Bleed From Within - Uprising
vocal roots in metalcore, but they have a lot of cool thrashy/melodeath influences in the instrumentation that I love

Within the Ruins - Elite
the newer vocalist writes some terrible lyrics, but the guitar work is too unique to pass up

I don't want to make a new thread for this, and I've been googling for 20 minutes without luck, so I go to you all for possible help.

My friend wants to start a website and has asked me to help. It's basically a photoblog (although, I've been pushing him to include more orginial content), as he puts it "a more urban theChive." I'm convinced he can't just cruise instagram and facebook public photos for provocative pics of girls with curves, and then post them to his site. Anyone confirm this, I know some you have careers in internet related fields, so if you have any clue, I'd appreciate it.

its possible using their APIs, but at least in Instagram's case the uploader owns the images.

edit: well, finding specific images through content if they're not tagged properly is near impossible though

Lame!

I've cruised through the first 7 chapters and I suddenly realize I have no idea how any of the systems actually work.
Haha, it is kind of weird because in just about every other RPG you would repair the weapons instead of just letting them break. Eventually you'll get access to almost anything you need through shops though, and money is plentiful as the game goes on as well. If there's anything else you don't understand I can probably explain it to you.

2 CDs to look forward to in the next month while we're on the topic of some -core music (if you aren't familiar already):

vocal roots in metalcore, but they have a lot of cool thrashy/melodeath influences in the instrumentation that I love

Within the Ruins - Elite
the newer vocalist writes some terrible lyrics, but the guitar work is too unique to pass up
Awesome, I will definitely listen to these when I get the chance. Both bands sound very familiar but I don't recognize any of their albums. Sounds like I've got some time to catch up on their discographies before the new releases!

its possible using their APIs, but at least in Instagram's case the uploader owns the images.

edit: well, finding specific images through content if they're not tagged properly is near impossible though

I phrased my question wrong. I don't think he can do it, on legal grounds. It seems like they could sue, rightly, for having these pictures posted without permission.

I don't want to help him find content, and I want to make sure he knows the legal repercussions, if there are any, of posting someone else's pictures without permission in an expoitive manner.

Dragon

Banned
I phrased my question wrong. I don't think he can do it, on legal grounds. It seems like they could sue, rightly, for having these pictures posted without permission.

I don't want to help him find content, and I want to make sure he knows the legal repercussions, if there are any, of posting someone else's pictures without permission in an expoitive manner.

Is he doing this for a personal reason or is he going to leverage this for cash (putting ads on the site)? Because if it's just a way to waste time for him then I doubt anyone will give a shit really.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Oh great, you're one of those people. Are you older than Weeden?

Talon

Illinois has good drivers? lolololol

Study is worthless clearly.
Chicago drivers are at the very least better than Los Angeles (What, me focus on the road?), Dallas (big ass SUVs don't give a fuuuuuuuuuck) and Atlanta (Holy shit, holy shit, there are cars, holy shit holy shit, what do I DO?!?!?!) drivers.

The reality is, we let any asshole get a driver's license in this country, and it's hilarious how the driving test varies state-by-state. You can absolutely fail parallel parking in the Georgia test, and it's not even 10 points off your score.

Ohhh, glad to hear that about the Becoming the Archetype singer - their new vocalist completely turned me off from the new CD, so I'll definitely check out that new project.

And I haven't heard from At the Throne of Judgement in forever! Sentinel was on one of my workout playlists for a long time.

Within the Ruins - Elite

Thanks for posting these. I really liked the BFW song.

SonnyBoy

Just read an article about RGIII reaching out The Honey Badger as a mentor of sorts. I wonder if the Skins take a chance on him in the third/4th... If he lasts that long.

Dragon

Banned
I think most people would be fine if all these states seceded from the union and formed their own third world country.

Oh boy. cajunator is not going to be happy with you! Having lived in North Carolina for five years there were tons of great people there. But the general stereotype held true. I saw way too many confederate flags and shotguns in pickup trucks to think otherwise.

Top Bottom