• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think most people would be fine if all these states seceded from the union and formed their own third world country.

Culturally you'd have to put Texas, Oklahoma, southern Virginia, and the southern half of Missouri in there too. Probably a few of the plains states as well....and probably West Virginia too since you can't divide Appalachia!

Pretty sure they wouldn't want anything that Puerto Rico has to offer though....
What about pickup trucks?

Be aware, the answer to this question determines if you can continue to live in America or not!

I generally don't mind pickup trucks until you find one that the person can't park and its on the line in the parking space which ruins all the other parking jobs down the line. Oh and when they pull way out in the right lane to turn right but you can't see past their giant "Texas edition" thing to turn left.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I was looking to see if anyone posted this. Should be interesting to see him in Kelly's offense, but I'm not sure why Vick would sign just a one year deal

Easy, he thinks hes going to have a great year in that offense and make way more staying in Philly for the long haul then he would signing a deal with a different team this offseason.

Dragon

Banned
What about pickup trucks?

Be aware, the answer to this question determines if you can continue to live in America or not!

Pickup trucks are fine. Hell my best friend owns a small one. They make sense if you use them for what they're intended to be used for. I can't hide my liberal bias, the people that own F350's and just use them to go to work and back every day infuriate me. My best friend uses his to transport his boat.

Culturally you'd have to put Texas, Oklahoma, southern Virginia, and the southern half of Missouri in there too. Probably a few of the plains states as well....and probably West Virginia too since you can't divide Appalachia!

Pretty sure they wouldn't want anything that Puerto Rico has to offer though....

I am fine giving up Oklahoma to this new formed 3rd world south! Texas and VA stay... WV can go, though!

I generally don't mind pickup trucks until you find one that the person can't park and its on the line in the parking space which ruins all the other parking jobs down the line. Oh and when they pull way out in the right lane to turn right but you can't see past their giant "Texas edition" thing to turn left.

No wonder you hate Texas!

Truck capital of the United States

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I always find it hilarious when Florida gets grouped in with other southern states. That bugs bunny gif always cracks me up because it would really be nice to get away from the neighboring states.

Bowser

Vick took a pay cut (contract could be worth "up to $10m" from previous $15.5m) for the chance to compete for the job, not be the starter.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No wonder you hate Texas!

Truck capital of the United States

I don't mind trucks just be considerate of others!

Actually just remembered that the worst thing to hear is a big F-5000 or whatever with a diesel engine starting up outside your windows all the time. That's like a 6 am alarm clock if you don't have a white noise machine!

Brinbe

Geoff Mosher @GeoffMosherCSN
I'm told from league source Vick's restructure enables QB to compete, not be handed the starting title. No guarantee he's on team in 2013.

good

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't see how you don't start Vick. Yeah he should be paid only a few million but what else can the Eagles do? Absolute worst offseason to be needing a QB.

zychi

Banned
Illinois has good drivers? lolololol

Study is worthless clearly.

Illinois is probably the 2nd or 3rd worst in the country behind NY and California. I've been in 5 accidents since I've been legally able to drive in the state. None of them were my fault. One of them was a man from Illinois who was driving a semi, and just took my car out on the expressway at 65+. Cop claimed, since he was driving "a large vehicle and I was driving a "small vehicle, there was no way to determine who's fault it was."

Yet, I had half of my passenger side back-end crushed in, and my front end was totaled from the asshole making me lose control after he rear ended me. Luckily my worst injury was a burn from the air bag

Scariest shit I've ever been involved in.

Back on topic, Bears o-line is going to be trash this year, and I'm going to lose my voice again yelling at the OC from my living room.

squicken

Easy, he thinks hes going to have a great year in that offense and make way more staying in Philly for the long haul then he would signing a deal with a different team this offseason.

Well he's 33 and that offense is going to put him in harm's way. And FA hasn't really started. I know there is bts stuff, but I still think the market is fluid. Now maybe Vick's agent has looked around enough to know that his client won't be in high demand. Guess we'll get the full details later today

edit: Good point on Twitter. Harbaugh did this with Alex. Vick is a bridge to the guy he really wants to run the offense. And SF now has more leverage in possible trades of Alex

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
chiefstat.0_standard_352.0.jpg

OMFG NO MORE FOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy about that, sucks that more Vick was the price we had to pay to get rid of Foles but it is worth it in the end. I am glad that the Eagles were able to renegotiate Vicks contract, so much for all the "experts" saying Vick would never renegotiate with the Eagles. It will be intereting to see how Vick does in this offense, my guess is that he wont last the year and Dixon/EJ will be the starter before the year is over.

eznark

Banned
OMFG NO MORE FOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy about that, sucks that more Vick was the price we had to pay to get rid of Foles but it is worth it in the end. I am glad that the Eagles were able to renegotiate Vicks contract, so much for all the "experts" saying Vick would never renegotiate with the Eagles. It will be intereting to see how Vick does in this offense, my guess is that he wont last the year and Dixon/EJ will be the starter before the year is over.

Based on your complete inability to evaluate the QB position I am now predicting Foles will be a Hall of Famer.

...fans say some of the dumbest shit sometimes.

Oh really. I actually watched Foles play this year so I know he isnt really going to be a HoF'er, or even good for that matter. Ez was making a joke bout me supposedly being a bad judge of QB's and I made a joke back to him. No need to get all serious about it.

Edit: How can anyone pick the Card for the playoffs without even knowing who their QB will be. That seems crazy to me. Arains system worked with the Steelers and Colts cause he had the QB that could run it, no way does he have a guy like that with the Cards.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
...fans say some of the dumbest shit sometimes.

What was dumb about that statement? Seems pretty rational to me.

I don't want to see Mark Sanchez ever play another game for the Jets but if he gets a job in Arizona then I'm going to be rooting for him every time they play the 49ers, Seahawks and Rams. Why would I root for or against the guy if hes not on the team anymore?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Oh really. I actually watched Foles play this year so I know he isnt really going to be a HoF'er, or even good for that matter. Ez was making a joke bout me supposedly being a bad judge of QB's and I made a joke back to him. No need to get all serious about it.

Foles definitely sucks. But you have to admit it would not be very awesome for him to go to, say, the Cowboys and have a HoF career. Trust me. That is not very fun to deal with in your own division.

But yeah, never happening, regardless.

What was dumb about that statement? Seems pretty rational to me.

I don't want to see Mark Sanchez ever play another game for the Jets but if he gets a job in Arizona then I'm going to be rooting for him every time they play the 49ers, Seahawks and Rams. Why would I root for or against the guy if hes not on the team anymore?

Well, probably seems rational because you totally misread the whole thing. This is not what the Foles thing is, was or ever will be about.

Well I do like Mcnabb more then Brady that is for sure. I wouldnt want either one to QB my team though. I am way beyond the Eagles making the playoffs or winning the division. They need to find someone they can win a SB with and that person isnt Foles and he isnt Vick. Thankfully Vick is just a 1 year stopgap. If they had kept Foles and he played better they would have been stuck with him long term. Also the elite part of that post was stupid but are you really arguing that Mcnabb didnt have way worse WR's then Brady did?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...lar.html?storylink=digger-topic#storylink=cpy

Damn STL really is a baseball town. Astounding number. Also nuts that Rangers passed the Cowboys in the Metroplex
Texas is a lifelong state. The Rangers are winning, the Cowboys are not.
Well I do like Mcnabb more then Brady that is for sure. I wouldnt want either one to QB my team though. I am way beyond the Eagles making the playoffs or winning the division. They need to find someone they can win a SB with and that person isnt Foles and he isnt Vick. Thankfully Vick is just a 1 year stopgap. If they had kept Foles and he played better they would have been stuck with him long term. Also the elite part of that post was stupid but are you really arguing that Mcnabb didnt have way worse WR's then Brady did?
I'm not arguing anything. I'm just providing evidence. Drew Brees would be proud.

I'm not arguing anything. I'm just providing evidence. Drew Brees would be proud.

But you are providing evidence that I am bad at judging QB's by posting a post that I made whee I said that Mcnabb had worse WR's then Brady did. I am totally biased when it comes to Brady, so I would probably pick the other side when it comes to him in most any discussion, but that discussion was more about WR's then QBs.

Sanjuro

Also the elite part of that post was stupid but are you really arguing that Mcnabb didnt have way worse WR's then Brady did?

Way worse? No. Troy Brown was the only real consistent one for Brady out of the gate, and much of that has to do with Brady.

I remember his primary targets were Chad Lewis and Duce Staley? Not really world beaters there.

EDIT: Also that douchebag with the championship belt who never accomplished anything.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
But you are providing evidence that I am bad at judging QB's by posting a post that I made whee I said that Mcnabb had worse WR's then Brady did. I am totally biased when it comes to Brady, so I would probably pick the other side when it comes to him in most any discussion, but that discussion was more about WR's then QBs.

The prosecution rests, your honor. bionic will be here soon to render a decision.

EDIT: Are you talking about FredEx?

freddie_mitchell.jpg

Dragon

Banned
Way worse? No. Troy Brown was the only real consistent one for Brady out of the gate, and much of that has to do with Brady.

I remember his primary targets were Chad Lewis and Duce Staley? Not really world beaters there.

EDIT: Also that douchebag with the championship belt who never accomplished anything.

Freddie Mitchell.

There was also that guy with the huge neck.

Brady didn't have world beaters at WR but then again he didn't play in an Andy Reid offense where passing the ball a billion times a game is normal, at least in the beginning.

Top Bottom