• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Sanjuro

Freddie Mitchell.

There was also that guy with the huge neck.

Brady didn't have world beaters at WR but then again he didn't play in an Andy Reid offense where passing the ball a billion times a game is normal, at least in the beginning.

No, but he had a "fairly" more established crew than McNabb did. Brady couldn't stretch the field like Bledsoe could the first few season. The offense was a million times different than it is today.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
But you are providing evidence that I am bad at judging QB's by posting a post that I made whee I said that Mcnabb had worse WR's then Brady did. I am totally biased when it comes to Brady, so I would probably pick the other side when it comes to him in most any discussion, but that discussion was more about WR's then QBs.

Do you purposely refuse to see the part where it says you call McNabb an elite QB?

"The only ELITE QB that came into the league throwing to bad WRs was Tom Brady"

To which you respond "McNabb"

Now you argue you didn't call McNabb elite.

Truly baffling.

Sanjuro

Do you purposely refuse to see the part where it says you call McNabb an elite QB?

Truly baffling.

I'll stick up for McNabb, he was a great quarterback.

Dragon

Banned

Truly baffling.

Not baffling when you consider he's a Philadelphia sports fan who probably watches Invincible and Rocky over and over again to get over his hurt feelings over 2004 and the Flyers in general! Thank God for Ryan Howard though!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'll stick up for McNabb, he was a great quarterback.

All I really remember of McNabb is his bounce passes the last few years of his career and then him dancing and then banging on a window in Dallas.

Oh and puking in the Super Bowl or something like that.

squicken

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Chip Kelly says it will be an "open competition" for starting quarterback between Mike Vick and Nick Foles.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
From Chip Kelly: "Some of the most uncoachable people in the world are coaches." <---- so damn true

Andrew Siciliano &#8207;@AndrewSiciliano
Will Chip Kelly or Pat Shurmur call the plays? "I'll call all the good plays, he'll call all the bad."

Dragon

Banned
ProFootballTalk &#8207;@ProFootballTalk
Chip Kelly says it will be an "open competition" for starting quarterback between Mike Vick and Nick Foles.

I think all this means is by week 3, Foles will be starting and Vick will be sitting out with an injury/fumble issues.

Fox318

wI1AO.jpg

Truly baffling.

I have already aid I was wrong to call Mcnabb elite. He was an elite QB in 2004, but he clearly didnt maintain that through the rest of his career. I dont consider Brady elite either though so I was just ignoring that part. I think both guys are pretty comparable in that neither won a SB but both got there, both had bad WRs in the beginning, and both had teams that won on D at the start of their careers. Clearly Brady has gone on to put up huge numbers the last few years, while Mcnabb has lazied himself out of the league, so the comparison looks silly now.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He's no Jim Kelly

Different era, goddamn it. And Kelly would've had 4 rings if he played on those Pats teams, no doubt.

But, come on. Brady is a giant douchey, girly, ugg wearing freak of nature, but if he's not elite then nobody is. Fuck that guy.

bionic77

The Eagles fell apart without McNabb and even moreso without their defensive coordinator. With McNabb you could pretty much count on them to make and then lose the championship game.

Pretty sure the Pats did not miss a beat and still won 10+ games when Brady went down.

Dragon

Banned
The Eagles fell apart without McNabb and even moreso without their defensive coordinator. With McNabb you could pretty much count on them to make and then lose the championship game.

Pretty sure the Pats did not miss a beat and still won 10+ games when Brady went down.

Pretty sure the Steelers beat the SB champions with Charlie Batch as their QB.

You are aware that you're talking to Yankeehater?

I dont like Brady I dont hide it. I just think you have to win a SB to even be in the discussion for really being elite. The Mannings and Rodgers are the top guys to me. Brady is a great regular season QB but he is a .500 guy in the playoffs since he lost his edge. He is the opposite of Flacco, Flacco sucks in the regular season and turns it on in the playoffs.

I dont like Brady I dont hide it. I just think you have to win a SB to even be in the discussion for really being elite. The Mannings and Rodgers are the top guys to me. Brady is a great regular season QB but he is a .500 guy in the playoffs since he lost his edge. He is the opposite of Flacco, Flacco sucks in the regular season and turns it on in the playoffs.
Do you consider Marino to be elite?

The answer is there. Marino hasn't won a SB, so he's not elite. At football at least, he might be elite at impregnating women.

A part of me wants him to succeed. Would be hilarious.

I am really easy, I hate cheaters big time. If the Pats had won since losing their cameras I would give them all the credit but they havent, so thankfully I dont have to.

I noticed your hatred for cheating. Is that just a thing you were born with or did somebody cheat you out of your shiny Charizard Pokemon card?

That is such a hard question. He was so great, I would dread any time the Eagles had to play him, but he also never won a SB and didnt seem to play as well in the playoffs for what ever reason. There really almost needs to be a separate category for guys that are all time greats but werent able to win a championship for what ever reason. Marino would be at the top of that list though.

Dragon

Banned
So you are either elite or you suck, there is no in between?

There's a difference between hating on a player and not being able to judge his career accurately. You have to be completely irrational to think that Brady isn't a HOFer period.

As far as your question, most of the time fans don't really go into different degrees. How fun is it to say that Brandon Spikes is an okay defensive player in running situations?

Tom Penny

That is such a hard question. He was so great, I would dread any time the Eagles had to play him, but he also never won a SB and didnt seem to play as well in the playoffs for what ever reason. There really almost needs to be a separate category for guys that are all time greats but werent able to win a championship for what ever reason. Marino would be at the top of that list though.

Marino being elite is a hard question?

blizzard.gif.pagespeed.ce.JX_EWWK5xE.gif

Striker

T2 coming back with the Giants:
Like it.

Reese mentioned the option to move him to Safety, but if not, the Bills did release S George Wilson and he has a history with Perry Fewell. He could provide that Deon Grant type role. If they were able to nab somebody like Wilson on cheap, it would make DB less important for an early pick in the draft - although Web's extraordinary contract is still awful.

Top Bottom