• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

lol good Eagle fans dont exist.They are all evil.

They are not born evil :(

Thanks Dutch. I do admit that I believe Tom Brady is elite, but I have to support YH and the spirit behind his claims.

I thought you were the Neo of Eagles fans, but you are beyond saving :(

I used to hate Tom Brady, but I've come to appreciate her. Even now, when's she's off her testosterone cycle and can't throw a ball further than ten yards, she's still been able to put up pretty good numbers.

I salute you, Tom Brady. The Best Quarterback* Ever.

*Female

I always knew you were a smart kid!

effzee

Only logical move the Eagles could make. Foles isn't the answer. Vick isn't the long term answer. And there is no top QB they have to get in this draft, certainly not with the #4 pick. Maybe they still take a QB in the later rounds (3rd?). Who knows but there is no clear answer at QB from the draft or FA. Use Vick this season and if it all fails then pick a QB in 2014.

This deal doesn't hurt their cap (actually in great shape) and brings back two starters for competition. Add in another QB or two and let the best player start week 1.

Eagles have pieces on offense. Vick had his turnover problems but the biggest thing holding the offense back was the complete decimation of the OLINE due to injuries. With Peters coming back, guys getting healthy, and hopefully good drafting the OLINE can resemble an actual NFL level line once again. And if Peters comes back 100% and Joeckel falls to them at #4 it could overnight turn back to a strength for the team.

We have the WRs and RBs to be a dynamic on offense. Just need Vick to limit turnovers and the OLINE to actually protect. A lot of that should be helped by Kelly's desire to run the ball. I can see why Vick wants to come back to this offense. Instead of everything falling on him under Reid, Kelly will actually use all the RBs to run the ball 30+ times a game. Excited to see how this looks after 14 seasons of just passing.

Their biggest weakness was and is the defense. Safeties, CBs, LBs, and DLINE. Pretty much all over the D with the exception of 2-3 players. Far better for them to focus on re building this side of the ball then wasting a high pick on a QB from a weak draft class.

Like it.

Reese mentioned the option to move him to Safety, but if not, the Bills did release S George Wilson and he has a history with Perry Fewell. He could provide that Deon Grant type role. If they were able to nab somebody like Wilson on cheap, it would make DB less important for an early pick in the draft - although Web's extraordinary contract is still awful.
They want him back as a corner, apparently.

Terrell Thomas was told he's being brought back to play cornerback, not safety.

"Obviously my physical play translates into being a safety,” Thomas said. “I just got done talking to (general manager) Jerry (Reese), coach (Tom) Coughlin and coach (Perry) Fewell (the defensive coordinator) and all of them said, ‘We envision you coming back to play corner. If you can play corner, that’s great. But if not, maybe there’s a nickel safety role. Either way, we just want you on the field.’ Whatever my leg allows me to do, whatever the coach sees fit is better for the team, that’s what I’ll be doing. I’ll be ready, regardless.”

I don't want to get my hopes up considering the luck the guy has had but if he can come back as a corner and play at a decent level - yeah that would be fantastic.

We welcome Dutch Seahawk with open arms

I would need you to get the legal papers (Bionic can probably hook you up) for me to be able to cut all ties with my family, then adopt me, raise me as your son, raise me as a Seattle sports fan, and convince me that all that would be a good idea.

Personally I kinda like my current situation.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I would need you to get the legal papers (Bionic can probably hook you up) for me to be able to cut all ties with my family, then adopt me, raise me as your son, raise me as a Seattle sports fan, and convince me that all that would be a good idea.

Personally I kinda like my current situation.
I ain't raising no filthy Pats fan!

Paternos trying to protect themselves at all costs, what a shock.

I just won a pretty ridiculous DotA2 match. We were down ~20 kills and our Jug (who was supposed to be carrying) had like 16 deaths. Death Prophet ended up carrying us (sort of) and we had to zerg down their ancient after we got mega creeps.

No hablo ingles.

Talon

sept9th.jpg

Surprised the Eagles kept Vick. For sure they were gonna let him go. Maybe he thought no one else would pay him any more.

Don't know why everybody was burying Vick on the Eagles. He had a bad year. Why would they ditch him after one bad season?

Foles is not the answer, and everyone knows it. There are no worthwhile free agents out there better than Vick, and no one worth gambling on in the draft.

Don't know why everybody was burying Vick on the Eagles. He had a bad year. Why would they ditch him after one bad season?

Foles is not the answer, and everyone knows it. There are no worthwhile free agents out there better than Vick, and no one worth gambling on in the draft.

Where is Tiny Hands gonna land?

squicken

Alex is a lock for KC imo. They won't release him outright for fear he goes to AZ, so they'll cut KC a sweet deal to get him out of the division. If that doesn't happen then KC is definitely taking Geno

squicken

Smith isn't going to AZ. Arians is there.

I think even Arians knows he has to fix the OL first. Wherever Alex goes he is a stopgap guy, and he can do that in AZ. There aren't a lot of teams in the market for a $8m middle of the road QB. Both SF and Alex will have a limited number of choices

Well, I still say his days are numbered. He's still not all that accurate, he's slower than he ever was and he misses games to injury every year. And now he seems to be turnover prone. I don't see how Kelly's offense changes most of that.

Well, I still say his days are numbered. He's still not all that accurate, he's slower than he ever was and he misses games to injury every year. And now he seems to be turnover prone. I don't see how Kelly's offense changes most of that.

This is probably Vick's last season as an Eagle regardless. I just don't get why people were pushing him out the door for Nick Foles, in a weak year for QBs.

Top Bottom