• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Didn't see a Kruger report? You got a link?

Also if Ravens don't use exclusive on Flacco, I can definitely see him not being on the team next year with all these Qb needy teams

I think Squicken posted this earlier:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21676714/jets-cowboys-among-many-teams-in-sticky-cap-quandaries

The Browns have about $30 million in space and will be big spenders under new owner Jimmy Haslam and team president Joe Banner. Many in the Steelers organization believe Wallace will end up with their division rivals in Cleveland (Haslam was a former minority owner of the Steelers), and the Browns could make a play for a pass rusher like Kruger, too. Should Vick become available, he too could be in play -- this new regime badly wants to upgrade from former first-round pick Brandon Weeden -- otherwise Alex Smith might make sense, among others.

You dont think you could win 6 games if you got Flacco , Wallace and Kruger?
I don't particularly like Flacco, but if we did get him heck I think we're the new favorites in the division. And I'm not just saying that because I have my Browns hope goggles on.
Flacco to Gordan would be pretty nice, I feel dirty saying that

KingGondo

Banned
I would feel all kinds of feels if the Browns signed Flacco.

I'd be happy overall, but that's a lot of money for a guy who had one great offseason.

And whatever would happen to poor Weeden? :(

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Will you guys stop getting your hopes up? You're just going to get them stomped again. And again. etc. #LosersLose

Nori Chan

The Lakers are suffering because of your hate Nori Chan. If you'd stop hating on Canadians this wouldn't happen.

Say you're sorry and drink this bagged milk.
Ill never stop my hate over Canadia

Fuck your bagged milk. It's probably frozen because you people keep your igloos cold all day

Let's talk about the Jets, maybe they should trade Revis and get a huge deal/ as much as they can. Seems like they're almost just about in full on rebuild mode, not firing Rex seems like it was just delayed a year.

Thanks for the help on having a website built, I clearly need a more concise and well thought out project plan before moving forward, but needless to say, the site will NOT be poo related.

squicken

I'm all for a strategic Steeler season of 2-14 in a blatant pee pee for Lee/frowny for Clowney campaign.

Next year's draft is stacked. It's going to be hilarious watching teams start their tanking in Week 9. I think the Titans have an obvious inside track on the #1 spot, but Chicago is the dark horse. Jets are in play too, but I think Rex is too good of a coach to be in the running for that.

Next year's draft is stacked. It's going to be hilarious watching teams start their tanking in Week 9. I think the Titans have an obvious inside track on the #1 spot, but Chicago is the dark horse. Jets are in play too, but I think Rex is too good of a coach to be in the running for that.
Titans? Really? Huh interesting. I can see the titans being pretty good. Chicago too?! Huaah ic ic

squicken

Titans? Really? Huh interesting. I can see the titans being pretty good. Chicago too?! Huaah ic ic

Why would the Titans be good? Same bad owner. Same bad coach. Same bad QB. Only everyone there already went through it last year, so they'll just give up that much sooner since they know what's coming. In the immortal words of Ricky Waters, "For who? For what?" No guy is going to risk his career on a lost season

Bears will never tank, because that implies some sort of masterplan to escape mediocrity. 7-9 and 9-7 is our home!

Talon

Damn, I love me some CCR.

Packers are winning the Super Bowl next year. AGod can't go this long without a title.

We don't know how things will shake out. People couldn't stop praising Kansas City's offensive weapons before the season.

Why would the Titans be good? Same bad owner. Same bad coach. Same bad QB. Only everyone there already went through it last year, so they'll just give up that much sooner since they know what's coming. In the immortal words of Ricky Waters, "For who? For what?" No guy is going to risk his career on a lost season
Ha. I actually think Locker can be pretty good when he comes back healthy, so theirs were we probably differ. He also has some pretty good Wrs when all healthy and out of trouble + Chris Johnson. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying their gonna be world beaters, but clear cut favorites for the number 1 pick? That just seems kinda crazy to me at the moment.

squicken

Damn, I love me some CCR.

Packers are winning the Super Bowl next year. AGod can't go this long without a title.

We don't know how things will shake out. People couldn't stop praising Kansas City's offensive weapons before the season.

Of course we can't know everything. But Squall was flipping out when I said AZ was in play for the top pick in the preseason. I think you can know for a few teams.

I think it could go bad for TB. I'm not sure how good the coach is, and Freeman disintegrated at the end of the year. Maybe Schiano is decent and is serious about QB competition. DET could also be in play. Any team with an awful coach has a shot at the #1 pick.

The Bears were stuck in mediocrity b/c Lovie is a great defensive coach but bad at everything else. They've lost that great defensive mind and what do they have now? They could possibly be old and bad on defense, and the same on offense.

It's so much easier to pick the bad teams than to guess who will win 10 games vs 13 games

Nori Chan

So much hate in that tiny body, so sad. :(

YOU'RE A GOD DAMN CAT

image.php

I MEAN LOOK AT THAT. ITS A FUCKING CAT THAT FUCKING MEOWS

Are the browns not going to give Wheedon another shot?

I have to admit I mostly watched highlights but it seems like there were a TON of missed opportunities on the receiving side. I saw tons of dropped TD passes.

I dunno, I feel like he has a chance to be something even if he has to retire in three years because he is ancient.

JABEE

YOU'RE A GOD DAMN CAT

image.php

I MEAN LOOK AT THAT. ITS A FUCKING CAT THAT FUCKING MEOWS

Leave Kave_Man alone. This thread is supposed to be a place of tolerance. All I read from you is Nationalistic rhetoric and speciest slurs. Back off the Browns. Cats deserve equal rights. Alligators are treated with respect in this thread. Cats should be treated with respect too.

squicken

Are the browns not going to give Wheedon another shot?

I have to admit I mostly watched highlights but it seems like there were a TON of missed opportunities on the receiving side. I saw tons of dropped TD passes.

I dunno, I feel like he has a chance to be something even if he has to retire in three years because he is ancient.

I think they should give him a chance in that offense. He has a big arm, and it's not like there's an obvious, easy replacement. I almost think Banner and Haslam so hate Holmgren, that they want to be rid of what they see as the nadir of his stupidity and laziness

MechDX

Leave Kave_Man alone. This thread is supposed to be a place of tolerance. All I read from you is Nationalistic rhetoric and speciest slurs. Back off the Browns. Cats deserve equal rights. Alligators are treated with respect in this thread. Cats should be treated with respect too.

You're confusing respect with pity. he is a Jags fan

Is it seriously going to happen? I thought everyone was just joking about it because of how horrible the QB situation is for some teams (Jets).
Roto:
JaMarcus Russell - QB - Free Agent
Free agent QB JaMarcus Russell has begun working out at TEST West.
TEST West is a football academy in San Diego that worked with the likes of Joe Flacco, Patrick Peterson and Stevan Ridley ahead of their combines. They enlist coaches such as Marshall Faulk and Olympic sprinter Ato Boldon. Russell, who was reportedly over 300 pounds as he began his comeback journey, is working with Faulk and Jeff Garcia. They'll have to spin miracles with the former No. 1 overall pick just to get him a real tryout in the NFL. Russell tumbled out of the league following the 2009 season.
Think he'll be at the combine too

Let's just start calling us the dream team now
PFT:
The Browns have a lot of salary cap space and a need at quarterback, and so they’re a logical choice to make a move for Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, if Baltimore uses only the non-exclusive franchise tender on Flacco. But Flacco may not be the only AFC North player the Browns are considering.

Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com takes a look at the possibility that the Browns will “double dip,” which is what the former NFL executive Carmen Policy used to call a free-agent signing that helped your own team while carrying the simultaneous benefit of weakening an opponent. And it’s not just Flacco the Browns could be targeting off a division rival’s roster.

Ravens linebackers Paul Kruger and Dannell Ellerbe could also be targets of the Browns, as could Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace and cornerback Keenan Lewis, or Bengals outside linebacker Manny Lawson and kicker Mike Nugent. If the Browns want to make a splash in free agency, grabbing a player from one of the three teams above them in the standings would make a lot of sense.

But it’s Flacco who would be a real game-changer. If he’s available, the Browns could turn the AFC North upside down by signing him to a contract the Ravens simply can’t afford to match.

Let's just start calling us the dream team now

I dont see how the Browns could give him a contract the Ravens cant match unless it also killed the Browns as well. I gues they could sign him so that he would have a $40m cap hit this year, but that would kill the Browns chances of getting any other player. I dont see how just Flacco helps the Browns that much. Even if the Browns tried to sing him for a more reasonable cap hit of $25m this year, I have no doubt the Ravens would just let some guys walk and match it. Ozzie has to know that if Flacco takes the Browns to the playoffs and the Ravens miss he will be fired for sure. Losing a SB MVP to a division rival would be a death sentence.

I'm on #TeamJamarcus, I really hope he succeeds and actually becomes a good QB.

Offseason talk: How did you people like Zero Dark Thirty? (Or Seal Team Six, whatever the name is in the US)
I do too, it would make a good story. They could make a ducumentary about it one day and I'm all about football ducumentaries....

I thought seal team six was some movie on Netflix ?

I do too, it would make a good story. They could make a ducumentary about it one day and I'm all about football ducumentaries....

I thought seal team six was some movie on Netflix ?

I thought it had a different name in the US, but I was wrong. But still, how did people like it?

I dont see how the Browns could give him a contract the Ravens cant match unless it also killed the Browns as well. I gues they could sign him so that he would have a $40m cap hit this year, but that would kill the Browns chances of getting any other player. I dont see how just Flacco helps the Browns that much. Even if the Browns tried to sing him for a more reasonable cap hit of $25m this year, I have no doubt the Ravens would just let some guys walk and match it. Ozzie has to know that if Flacco takes the Browns to the playoffs and the Ravens miss he will be fired for sure. Losing a SB MVP to a division rival would be a death sentence.

There is no way they lose Flacco. I also wonder, what is the perception of the team around Flacco? He has some amazing players around him on O, can he function on the Browns as well as on the Ravens?

I don't really care about trying to get Flacco, I'm more interested in the other players like kruggy, elly belly, Wally Wallace, and etc

Top Bottom