• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Sanjuro

I was hoping he could leadoff

They should at least have him give the postgame interviews to keep people positive. He is going to end up on the mic someday.

No there isn't.

what we've seen of Foles is what he is. Very few quarterbacks mature beyond what they start out to be.

Exactly, and we've seen what Vick is for years now. Foles has only played under one system for a brief period in his NFL career. So potentially, of course there is a better upside.

WedgeX

Banned
For NFL-GAFs amusement, Packers-GAF specifically...my new apartment contains a crock pot. My lady friend's crock pot.

iT2jEmeX9O3Vq.jpg

For NFL-GAFs amusement, Packers-GAF specifically...my new apartment contains a crock pot. My lady friend's crock pot.

This girl is all wrong for you but right for your buddy Bucket, yes sir.

Bucket has some nice Lions fan womenses he can share with you precious, yes yes he does.

Big Ben is still a game manager?

Nick Foles is Big Ben?

Like I said, few quarterbacks mature past what they are. Ben did. Eli did. Peyton and Brady did. Brees and Vick did. Rivers did.

Tens if not hundreds of guys have come and gone when the first on that list came to the NFL. it's a select group.

Foles is one of those guys. Why give him the keys? We all know Kelly isn't gonna stick with him. He already has Vick. Ride him into the sunset and wait to get your generational guy.

Sanjuro

You didnt say good, you said he has been one of the worst for years. There are several NFL QBs that are much worse then Vick even in a bad year.

Worst quarterbacks, yes. He had one bright season where he needed a contract. I even gave him props, but he just reverted back to his old self. The guy is junk.

I know some of you guys are web page/graphic designers... If I'm trying to start a website, what does that entail? How much will it run me? Help a fellow NFL Gaffer out.

I know some of you guys are web page/graphic designers... If I'm trying to start a website, what does that entail? How much will it run me? Help a fellow NFL Gaffer out.

What is your site for?
What are your goals?
Do you want video?
Do you have hosting?
Do you have a domain name?
Will you be selling things on this website?

It's like asking "how much does a car cost?".

There are many different kinds for different purposes and budgets.

You can PM details if you like.

Fox318

What is your site for?
What are your goals?
Do you want video?
Do you have hosting?
Do you have a domain name?
Will you be selling things on this website?

It's like asking "how much does a car cost?".

There are many different kinds for different purposes and budgets.

You can PM details if you like.
Web creation tools have gotten better. He could just use square space or WordPress for a simple blog and just link the domain.

Squarespace is $8/month with some neat layout tools, so I'd start there as a baseline...

Domain registration is like $5-10 a year on top of that, IIRC. Don't remember what I'm paying, but it's in that range.

Bucket is right that things get complicated if you want more advanced features, but as far as hosting cat pictures and whatnot those are the basics.

Web creation tools have gotten better. He could just use square space or WordPress for a simple blog and just link the domain.
You get what you pay for.

If this is a personal site, sure, go nuts, but by his tone that's not what I surmised.

Then again, I have a bucket on my head.

mr2xxx

Banned
So who gets credit for the Baltimore Colts Superbowl V championship? On one hand the Colts moved to Indy so it should be theirs on the other hand if the Browns would of won a championship lol I doubt Ravens fans would be claiming it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So who gets credit for the Baltimore Colts Superbowl V championship? On one hand the Colts moved to Indy so it should be theirs on the other hand if the Browns would of won a championship lol I doubt Ravens fans would be claiming it.

From what I've read, I believe the trophy from Super Bowl V belongs to Baltimore.

WedgeX

Banned
http://www.raleighusa.com/archive/2012-road/revenio-2-0-12/
RA12_Revenio-2.0_matteblack-silver-red.jpg

Got myself a new bike today since I won't be able to mountain bike on a slightly bum ankle until it gets some explosion back in it. Was wanting a road bike anyways. Just need some nicer weather now.

That is a sexy bike.

This girl is all wrong for you but right for your buddy Bucket, yes sir.

Bucket has some nice Lions fan womenses he can share with you precious, yes yes he does.

buahahahaha

Excellent try, Bucket.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm still not sure if Flacco can replicate his success on another team.

If and when Romo hits the market, he'd be a lot cheaper to get if teams are willing to wait. I can't see how next offseason wouldn't be loads better to grab a QB.

http://www.raleighusa.com/archive/2012-road/revenio-2-0-12/
http://www.bikemastertool.com/media/bikes/728/large/RA12_Revenio-2.0_matteblack-silver-red.jpg?1310583439[img]
Got myself a new bike today since [B]I won't be able to mountain bike on a slightly bum ankle until it gets some explosion back in it.[/B] Was wanting a road bike anyways. Just need some nicer weather now.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://shb.jolohltd.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/dv-spray.jpg

Dead Space 3 done. Not as bad as many would have you believe but definitely the weakest of the 3. Looks amazing on PC. Some serious padding with the side missions and I've really no want to revisit it anytime soon.

Dead Space 3 done. Not as bad as many would have you believe but definitely the weakest of the 3. Looks amazing on PC. Some serious padding with the side missions and I've really no want to revisit it anytime soon.

Thanks for the quick review. I played the first one and liked it; never got around to picking up 2 but was starting to think about getting both 2 and 3.

So much to play, so little time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

DA fuck? There's a third dead space?

Spinluck

I figured DS2 would be the best in the series by just playing the demo.

Yea, not an accurate way to critique the game, but it was an easy hunch with the direction they were going in.

Roto:
According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, "many" in the Steelers' organization believe the division-rival Browns will sign free agent Mike Wallace.
New Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam is a former minority Steelers owner, and the new Browns coaching staff of Rob Chudzinski and Norv Turner believes in a vertical-oriented passing attack. Wallace, of course, is a vertical receiver. Still just 26 years old, Wallace figures to seek a four- to five-year deal worth in excess of $10 million per season. Last offseason, Wallace lobbied the Steelers to pay him Vincent Jackson money (five years, $55.555 million).
Would be kind of funny if the Browns ended up with Wallace and Flacoo.

Also for shits and giggles, saw this on OBR pretty sure it's a actual quote from chip. Idk how many Browns games he saw, but he probably didn't mean for this to be so funny

"First and foremost, I'll call all the good plays and Pat will call all the bad plays. First question was "Will you take all the credit for the bad play calling?" He said yes. He jumped right to the top of the list."

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Roto:

Would be kind of funny if the Browns ended up with Wallace and Flacoo.

Also for shits and giggles, saw this on OBR pretty sure it's a actual quote from chip. Idk how many Browns games he saw, but he probably didn't mean for this to be so funny

So we've been linked to going after Flacco, Wallace, and Kruger.

Sign all the free agents!

So we've been linked to going after Flacco, Wallace, and Kruger.

Sign all the free agents!
Didn't see a Kruger report? You got a link?

Also if Ravens don't use exclusive on Flacco, I can definitely see him not being on the team next year with all these Qb needy teams

Top Bottom