• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

xnipx

Joe flacco will never play for the Cleveland browns. He will retire a raven. Stop with this hypothetical crazy bullshit

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The Ravens are at the end of their window. Flacco was good enough to get them to a Super Bowl as a piece of a dominant team; will he be able to get them there as the Star of a so so one?

Ozzie knows that. He's been very clear that he's not going to waste money locking people up. Deal Flacco, use the robbery to reload, and draft a QB when the quality improves.

Yeah, sure, which is why you can't make him the highest paid QB in the game like his idiot agent said. But if you want quality at the QB position, you're going to have to pay. Flacco is as good as Baltimore is going to have and showed immense signs of improving. There are two different camps, one that says "PAY HIM WHATEVER" and "tag him, see what the future holds from there." These guys are reasonable. What's not reasonable is to still actively want to get rid if him, if you can keep him a realistic price this year. The Ravens are losing some talent, but not all of it. It just doesn't make sense to throw out an integral piece of a Super Bowl winning team unless you have no other options or you have a Luck/RGIII waiting in the wings. The Ravens have other options and there is jack shit out there for QBs, veteran or otherwise. It's just foolish to assume you're going to fall into another franchise QB.

squicken

I like that there are so many Browns fans. All that losing and they still have hope. How many front runners show up and then leave? #BelieveLand

SonnyBoy

As hard as it is to find a franchise QB, I find it surprising to see Ravens fans want to deal him away. Maybe they're just spoiled by having an elite defense year in and year out that it's not hitting them that Lewis is leaving. Granted, he was a shell of his former self, but there is something to be said about the emotion and momentum be brought to the defense.

Reminded me of this pic:

qDTnV.jpg

lol that's awesome never saw that. Duck tape on his leg. lol

The seeds were planted, they just needed some sun tehehe

I don't care if it's Weeden or someone else leading the Browns to victories, as long as they're winning. Who is it you want at QB then, BlackGhost?

Good thing all this Browns talk will end when the season starts.

baguars.jpg

Browns fans aren't going anywhere ;)

mr2xxx

Banned
One of these seasons you guys are going to eat it when we're actually good ;)

It can be this year! :p

If the Browns are above .500 I'll go to Thuzio and arrange a private lunch between you and your hero Colt Mccoy or any other Brown on that site. I could probably throw in Tim Couch hand job in there for not much more if you want.

If the Browns are above .500 I'll go to Thuzio and arrange a private lunch between you and your hero Colt Mccoy or any other Brown on that site. I could probably throw in Tim Couch hand job in there for not much more if you want.

There's a fella on another Browns board I know that would enjoy the Couch time. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw4KXSYm_dw

Funny how the commercial was so true of his actual skill on the field.

I hate how Rg3 has given the skins fan confidence.

Yeah, how's that right knee doing? ;) (or the lack of a 1st rounder)

squicken

wtf Percy Harvin punched a referee in high school and was banned from all varsity sports in West Virgina. He sucker punched a coach at Florida, refused to do conditioning with Meyer, faked headaches with Chilly and got into a near fight with Frazier

How does that kind of person, let alone player, have trade value? I wouldn't let him clean my pool

Yeah, how's that right knee doing? ;) (or the lack of a 1st rounder)
woahh woaaah bra, we never go after injuries let's not stoop down to the level of Ravens fans. Also you're probably one of those people who didn't want us to trade up for RG3?! Aren't you?! ARENT YOU! Savage.

Ok for realz now I'm leaving and won't reply back for awhile, cya new browns fans

wtf Percy Harvin punched a referee in high school and was banned from all varsity sports in West Virgina. He sucker punched a coach at Florida, refused to do conditioning with Meyer, faked headaches with Chilly and got into a near fight with Frazier

How does that kind of person, let alone player, have trade value? I wouldn't let him clean my pool

The same reason Pac-Man Jones is still in the NFL.

Of course Percy is way better.

woahh woaaah bra, we never go after injuries let's not stoop down to the level of Ravens fans. Also you're probably one of those people who didn't want us to trade up for RG3?! Aren't you?! ARENT YOU! Savage.

Ok for realz now I'm leaving and won't reply back for awhile, cya new browns fans

LOL. I was legitimately wondering ;) Trading up for RG3 would have been the only good thing Holmgren would have done. Blame Jeff Fischers mustache.

mr2xxx

Banned

I'd still give them a fifth for him, too much talent to outright dismiss in the NFL.

bionic77

It's gonna suck when eznark is right about RGIII.
Ez was only right about two things this year.

He was the only one who agreed with me back in September that a truly garbage team would win it all this year. No one else really listened and yet we were proven right in the end.

The only other thing he was right about the level of frauditude that is being emitted by his starting quarterback. Most Packer fans are still in denial, but pretty soon they will come around and go back to watching old Farve highlight videos and Levi commercials.

He was the only one who agreed with me back in September that a truly garbage team would win it all this year. No one else really listened and yet we were proven right in the end.
I don't think you were proven right. The Ravens are a legitimately solid team that got hot in the playoffs, far from "truly garbage." Honestly I think your perception of the entire season was drastically affected by the Steelers being pretty bad.

What did I do now?! I just said he's the best athletic QB in the League. It's never good for you.

I don't think you were proven right. The Ravens are a legitimately solid team that got hot in the playoffs, far from "truly garbage." Honestly I think your perception of the entire season was drastically affected by the Steelers being pretty bad.

The best way to win a Super Bowl is to have a goofy as fuck QB.

1. Flacco, just look at that Bert looking motherfucker.
2. Eli, King Goof.
3. Godgers, I'm not sure about this, he might ruin my theory, but maybe he's just a bigger dork than that Rapist, I think it's his celebration. Still he's a little too much of a smug asshole.
4. Drew Brees, again, smug record chasing scumbag, but the hair (or lack of hair) compensates for that.
5. Rapist, again the goofier guy wins, Warner is too perfect now, handsome, hot wife, smug asshole, even the Rapist outgoofed him.

That's the Pats problem, Tom Brady was a bit of a goofball when he won his titles, now he's a super model and the best QB in the league. That stuff doesn't win you titles.

What did I do now?! I just said he's the best athletic QB in the League. It's never good for you.

The best way to win a Super Bowl is to have a goofy as fuck QB.

1. Flacco, just look at that Bert looking motherfucker.
2. Eli, King Goof.
3. Godgers, I'm not sure about this, he might ruin my theory, but maybe he's just a bigger dork than that Rapist, I think it's his celebration. Still he's a little too much of a smug asshole.
4. Drew Brees, again, smug record chasing scumbag, but the hair (or lack of hair) compensates for that.
5. Rapist, again the goofier guy wins, Warner is too perfect now, handsome, hot wife, smug asshole, even the Rapist outgoofed him.

That's the Pats problem, Tom Brady was a bit of a goofball when he won his titles, now he's a super model and the best QB in the league. That stuff doesn't win you titles.

Brady's injury humbled him. He's far more likable now. Rodgers has the pre-brady injury smugness. Don't want him hurt, but a few less discount double checks could help the guy out.

bionic77

Sorry I was just citing the facts.

Like the fact that they lost to the Eagles, got blown out by the Texans, could not score a TD against the Chiefs, lost 4 out of their last 5 regular season games (including a loss to Charlie Batch AT HOME), and needed a miracle from Norv Turner to get the seed they got (if at least one of the Chargers could tackle the Ravens don't win their division). I mean Jesus they almost lost to the Browns, and probably should have.

To be fair I think every team from last year was garbage, the only difference is the amount of stench emanating from the team. Teams like the Steelers and Eagles were truly nauseating.

The Ravens proved me and eznark right that some team that was unremarkable in the regular season would get a low seed and bullshit their way to a title. Happened exactly the way we predicted.

Sorry I was just citing the facts.

Like the fact that they lost to the Eagles, got blown out by the Texans, could not score a TD against the Chiefs, lost 4 out of their last 5 regular season games (including a loss to Charlie Batch AT HOME), and needed a miracle from Norv Turner to get the seed they got (if at least one of the Chargers could tackle the Ravens don't win their division). I mean Jesus they almost lost to the Browns, and probably should have.

To be fair I think every team from last year was garbage, the only difference is the amount of stench emanating from the team. Teams like the Steelers and Eagles were truly nauseating.

The Ravens proved me and eznark right that some team that was unremarkable in the regular season would get a low seed and bullshit their way to a title. Happened exactly the way we predicted.
There isn't a single team that could have won that would have proven you wrong, especially in your eyes. Gotta like those odds!

You know how it goes, a team isn't always the same on opening day as they are at the end of the season. Injuries happen, coaching changes happen (Cam Cameron could cripple even a team that you consider "good," should such a fabled team exist), and even the best teams have bad days. The Ravens didn't have a great regular season, it's true, but they were at least above average and they got hot and healthy when it mattered.

Top Bottom