• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bradshaw on the 2012 Giants:

http://www.nj.com/giants/team/1360701125-247-880/ahmad-bradshaw-says-2012-giants.html

So when they gave a shit (Niners, Packers, Saints, Eagles at the end of the season to save embarrassment) they played well. They just didn't bother to give a shit the rest of the way. It's amazing what the team could be if they bothered to get up on some of those Sunday mornings.

As a coach - how do you combat that? I guarantee money that Coughlin isn't in there preaching "take the week off, it'll all come to us".

Complacency after winning a Super Bowl is the real deal. Green Bay actually started 2011 strongly but they certainly seemed complacent towards the end after buying into their own hype. I think even teams that are doing great in the regular season without having just won the Super Bowl sometimes coast a little too much and then have a hard time regaining that edge come December and then the playoffs.

Tom Penny

Trick or treat Eli is why the Giants weren't good last year. He basically breaks records in some games then goes on 3 game stretches without a TD.

Fox318

http://www.nj.com/giants/team/1360701125-247-880/ahmad-bradshaw-says-2012-giants.html

So when they gave a shit (Niners, Packers, Saints, Eagles at the end of the season to save embarrassment) they played well. They just didn't bother to give a shit the rest of the way. It's amazing what the team could be if they bothered to get up on some of those Sunday mornings.

As a coach - how do you combat that? I guarantee money that Coughlin isn't in there preaching "take the week off, it'll all come to us".

Giants are like their fans. They don't care or pay attention most days.

Sanjuro

Trick or treat Eli is why the Giants weren't good last year. He basically breaks records in some games then goes on 3 game stretches without a TD.

Giants live by that PHILosophy. I love Eli, but he is always going to be all over the place. Giants will probably have 11 wins next season, then go back to 7-9 wins.

Apparently people go out for fat Tuesday, dollar margarita night at a bar down the street but I can't go cause I'm stock messing with this Chem hw :/

Sounds a lot like the Steelers. Win big games (vs. Ravens for Batch, on the road vs. Cincy, NYG right after Sandy), but then utterly shit the bed against suck-ass teams (Raiders, Titans, etc. etc.).

JABEE

What? I was speaking in a way that BG would understand.

He is in his early 20s so he speaks in nonsense short form like that.
I don't speak in short form like that.

It's okay Kave. I know your heart was in the right place with Drake being Canadian and all.

Some of that photoshop work is pretty shitty. SI is usually pretty good at it.
The recent Jenneke spread is AWFUL in that regard . Airbrushed to hell and back.

Can't disagree. He had a 3-4 game stretch where he and the offense were terrible. At some point though, the defense has to do something though. They lived on the edge in 2011 relying on Eli to bail them out at every turn. They did the same in the early part of 2012 (The Bucs and first Redskins game comes to mind) and it worked out but it's unrealistic to think that's sustainable.

Can't disagree. He had a 3-4 game stretch where he and the offense were terrible. At some point though, the defense has to do something though. They lived on the edge in 2011 relying on Eli to bail them out at every turn. They did the same in the early part of 2012 (The Bucs and first Redskins game comes to mind) and it worked out but it's unrealistic to think that's sustainable.
Nicks being a shell of himself, no real 3rd WR, and a LOLtastic Front Four didn't help. I still remember listening to Harry arson in the sidelines of the Baltimore game saying the players were shocked and looking around for something to happen, a play to be made (i.e. Victor Cruz vs. the Jets, AB in Buffalo 4-5 years ago). Carson was killing the guys, saying that it had to come from each player, not just one.

Striker

It doesn't matter if he doesn't have a TD - as long as the offense scores points it has no issue at all. Having said that, in that stretch against DAL-PIT-CIN he, and the pass game in general, were not in sync at all. Nicks on one leg, Bennett injured his knee, and the only viable option was Cruz who was double teamed. So they had to rely on a pedestrian run game to have a formidable attack. And the defense was absolute ass, for yet another year.

This year with Nicks back to health, Randle and Wilson getting better, and (if re-signed) Bennett getting another year in the offense, will do wonders.

jakncoke

Banned
As I sit here and for whatever reason I got to thinking. Say someone gets in a fight in the pro leagues on the field,ice..ect. What will happen? League suspends them likely, but legal action very unlikely. Now say I go out and punch someone during a game, likely some sort of charge. Kinda funny in a fucked up way. Like think how many fights in Hockey games, no charges like ever unless you practically killed the dude.

Where did your parents go so wrong?

When they said no to abortion
i keed

Fox318

Why do you hate your best quarterback?

We all know who the best qb is....

zW6YVw8.jpg

Fox318

The Jets were good when Jersey Shore was popular.When it wasn't popular anymore the Jets sucked.

Coincidence?I think not.

I'm proud to say that I am Italian-American and I have not seen the Jersey Shore.

I did pass the guy called The Situation I think. He was driving a Bentley Continental GT with a vanity license plate that read Situation.

Top Bottom