• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Fox318

Cam doesn't seem fat, what do you mean?

smResgo.jpg

squicken

I remember someone at walterfootball saying he was scared in the pocket at the senior bowl, saying he was Blaine Gabbert esque which made him undraftable.

I can't really speak to Wilson b/c I watched zero Arky games, but McShay was gushing today over Wilson's poise and lack of help. He called his WRs "Benedict Arnold and Judas"

bionic77

What joke is that, that the Browns can beat Charlie Batch and the Ravens can't?
Harbarf might be perfect against the Browns even though they technically ARE the Browns, but he is a long ass way from having a winning record against Ben. They own Sandwich and Dixon so I guess they can put that up there on their list of achievements.

What joke is that, that the Browns can beat Charlie Batch and the Ravens can't?

Mostly, something something Browns can't remember what it's like to beat us.

Charlie Batch did beat us, and then we won the Superbowl, so that means....nothing.

Harbarf might be perfect against the Browns even though they technically ARE the Browns, but he is a long ass way from having a winning record against Ben. They own Sandwich and Dixon so I guess they can put that up there on their list of achievements.

That would matter...if we hadn't just won the Superbowl. Perfect in Superbowls! What you know about that Niners? Nothing!

But the Ravens are the Browns so that was their victory.

Technically, since the Browns sued to keep the name and franchise history in Cleveland, the Ravens were considered an expansion team consisting of former Browns players. Just facts.

Wikipedia said:
The franchise was renamed and legally treated as a new entity (or expansion team) upon moving to Baltimore.

mr2xxx

Banned
That's a good thing. The assholes are the best athletes most of the time.

He needs to walk the walk before he gets to that level. Also being a whiny bitch and an asshole aren't the best combination to be a great QB, a WR yes but not a QB. Rodgers might prove me wrong though.

Sappy113

wasn't the lions secondary awful for years? lulz. keep doin what you do rams

Lions passing D:

2009: 265 YPG / Rank 32nd.....35 TDs allowed / Rank 32nd.....9 INTs / Rank 30th.....8.1 YPA / Rank 30th

2010: 218 YPG / Rank 16th.....23 TDs allowed / Rank 13th.....19 INTs / Rank 14th.....7.3 YPA / Rank 25th

2011: 239 YPG / Rank 22nd.....26 TDs allowed / Rank 22nd.....21 INTs / Rank 5th.....6.8 YPA / Rank 7th

2012: 223 YPG / Rank 14th.....26 TDs allowed / Rank 19th.....11 INTs / Rank 23rd.....7.0 YPA / Rank 16

If I remember correctly, Walton inherited that disastrous 2009 secondary. Been some improvement since then.

But I'm not sure it matters all that much. The Rams D is Fishers D. But Walton comes from within the same system (the Schwartz - Fisher connection), and he's fairly young, so there's a foundation to build on. Beats the snot out of Rob Ryan, that's for damn sure!

Draxal

I remember someone at walterfootball saying he was scared in the pocket at the senior bowl, saying he was Blaine Gabbert esque which made him undraftable.

I don't think that's true at all. In the Rutgers/Arkansas game Rutgers was going after him nonstop and he killed them for blitzing him all the time.

Bowser

Drunk at 10:30 am. Hit a few bars on your way to work? :)

Drunk on irrational optimism before we have to cut a bunch of vets due to our horrendous cap situation :(

LET ME HAVE MY OPTIMISM

It'd be fucking awesome if we made a surprise run to the SB though. I'd spend a small fortune on good tickets since I wouldn't have to worry about transportation and lodging.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am still toiling on which Brown to get for my first jersey.

Might go with the trent truck or all around sex symbol joe thomas.

WedgeX

Banned
Lions passing D:

2009: 265 YPG / Rank 32nd.....35 TDs allowed / Rank 32nd.....9 INTs / Rank 30th.....8.1 YPA / Rank 30th

2010: 218 YPG / Rank 16th.....23 TDs allowed / Rank 13th.....19 INTs / Rank 14th.....7.3 YPA / Rank 25th

2011: 239 YPG / Rank 22nd.....26 TDs allowed / Rank 22nd.....21 INTs / Rank 5th.....6.8 YPA / Rank 7th

2012: 223 YPG / Rank 14th.....26 TDs allowed / Rank 19th.....11 INTs / Rank 23rd.....7.0 YPA / Rank 16

If I remember correctly, Walton inherited that disastrous 2009 secondary. Been some improvement since then.

But I'm not sure it matters all that much. The Rams D is Fishers D. But Walton comes from within the same system (the Schwartz - Fisher connection), and he's fairly young, so there's a foundation to build on. Beats the snot out of Rob Ryan, that's for damn sure!

People defending the Lions secondary??

I....I don't know what to say.

I want Cam to win because I'm an Auburn fan and it'll be cool to see an Auburn grad be the star player of the Super Bowl.

And to Carolina fans, this "Yes we Cam" bullshit needs to stop. Auburn started that, stop acting like you're original.

It's also the most boring jersey to get

Agreed, but thems the reality of the situation. Thomas is most likely HOF bound, 6 straight Pro Bowls.

RBs you never know. Trent was injured all freaking year and still wound up with like 12 TDs.

Full off season to heal and the RB friendly Norv offense and he could be a special one to get next year too, so you can't go wrong with either.

Bowser

Agreed, but thems the reality of the situation. Thomas is most likely HOF bound, 6 straight Pro Bowls.

RBs you never know. Trent was injured all freaking year and still wound up with like 12 TDs.

Full off season to heal and the RB friendly Norv offense and he could be a special one to get next year too, so you can't go wrong with either.

I'd probably go with Joe Haden over Thomas if I was a Browns fan. Or wait to see if you can get a Flacco jersey :jnc

Dragon

Banned
Drunk on irrational optimism before we have to cut a bunch of vets due to our horrendous cap situation :(

LET ME HAVE MY OPTIMISM

It'd be fucking awesome if we made a surprise run to the SB though. I'd spend a small fortune on good tickets since I wouldn't have to worry about transportation and lodging.

Touche. Sorry for shitting on you. I know how it is to be a Panthers fan. I worked with several while I lived in Charlotte. You guys are usually debbie downers.

Get a Weeden jersey. It will be a conversation starter in another year or 2.

Right up there with my Kelly Holcomb and Reuben Droughns jersey. Yay!

Haden's a good one too.

Hell, get all three. Home, Away, then Alternative. THEN next year when the new Browns jerseys are out, you can buy three all over again. ;D

Bowser

Touche. Sorry for shitting on you. I know how it is to be a Panthers fan. I worked with several while I lived in Charlotte. You guys are usually debbie downers.

It's been a hard road since '08 :( We haven't played a meaningful November game since then. It'd be nice to have hope that late into the season once again.

Top 5 QB salaries for 2013 for those interested (as per Albert Breer):

T. Brady $21.55M
E. Manning $21.35M
M. Stafford $20.82M
P. Manning $20M
B. Roethlisberger $19.595M.

Top Bottom