• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Look, you can't insult the characteristics of other states and cities when your team's city has all the same things going for it regardless of where you may actually live. I only grew up in Milwaukee but have lived in Arkansas and now in Texas but I still recognize that insults hurled at Wisconsin are directed at me as well.

Yeah, of course you would say that. You live in Texas via Arkansas. That's like, 2 different flavors of redneck irrelevancy.

...And you know I'm just fucking around.

Fox318

Uh, that's NOT a hybrid. What am I, an animal?

lol. Go tell it to your wife/sister/grandma/whatever you're calling her today.

Are you sure?

I thought this was your work

rotl0j3.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Look, you can't insult the characteristics of other states and cities when your team's city has all the same things going for it regardless of where you may actually live. I only grew up in Milwaukee but have lived in Arkansas and now in Texas but I still recognize that insults hurled at Wisconsin are directed at me as well.

You seem tense. How bout I pour you a nice glass of milk to calm your nerves?

MechDX

r2.jpg

Texas-flag-XL-anim.gif

alamo.jpg

WATT.cropped.jpg.jpg

eznark

Banned
Toyota seems to be improving the build quality. Nissan? Give me a fucking break. Driving on a soccer field would be "beating up" those pieces of garbage.

Apparently Wandering Wind has never actually been to Buffalo. It's the most midwestern state out east.

squicken

Kiper doing conference call w/media

Kiper says there's a possibility Weeden could have been the first QB taken this year. "There's no QB that screams out, take me."

MechDX

Toyota seems to be improving the build quality. Nissan? Give me a fucking break. Driving on a soccer field would be "beating up" those pieces of garbage.

Apparently Wandering Wind has never actually been to Buffalo. It's the most midwestern state out east.

Ford, Dodge or Toyota....pick one EZ.

FTFY, my experiences in Texas.

To be fair Whataburger is fantastic.

Whataburger...what else do you need. Pattymelt and the A1 Steak combo....drool.....

Your first pic is the exit I take everyday to work. It is a giant pain in the ass.

eznark

Banned
Ford, Dodge or Toyota....pick one EZ.

Whataburger...what else do you need. Pattymelt and the A1 Steak combo....drool.....

I have a new F-150 and an old Silverado that I use for hauling trash and manure and other filthy farm stuff. To me Ford and Chevy are miles ahead of the rest. I'd put Toyota over Dodge unless we're talking a real truck with a Cummins diesel. Fucking shame such a beautiful engine is stuck in a Dodge.

Give me a fucking break with Nissan though. Come on.

MechDX

Whataburger is so good. Just wait till they have the BBQ Cheddar burger again!

edit---

also that traffic pic is photoshopped. No traffic at all coming the other way? lolol yeah right!

Nope it is correct for about 8 AM. No one is going north on 59 then.

For when you guys play the Steelers:
steel-city-pizzeria.jpg

Its in Weinkes back yard. Wear your Packers jerseys on gameday and Ill meet you there for the lulz

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Whataburger is so good. Just wait till they have the BBQ Cheddar burger again!

edit---

also that traffic pic is photoshopped. No traffic at all coming the other way? lolol yeah right!

I'm not sure, because all the businesses decided downtown is the place to be, traffic flowing out of the city in the morning is pretty mild. It's bad both ways in the afternoon though from people going to do stuff at night downtown and people coming home from work.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nope it is correct for about 8 AM. No one is going north on 59 then.

For when you guys play the Steelers:
steel-city-pizzeria.jpg

Its in Weinkes back yard. Wear your Packers jerseys on gameday and Ill meet you there for the lulz

Haha, I need to try it out. That really is only 20 minutes away from here (yet like 5 miles away, TRAFFIC!)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nobody lives in the city of the team they support here. Well, Cajunator does, but he's special.

I think all of the Jets and Giants fans do...most of the Cowboys fans surprisingly live in or near Dallas. All of the Texans fans do!

Unsurprisingly, only 2 or 3 of the Pats fans do. Pink hatters!

I'm not sure, because all the businesses decided downtown is the place to be, traffic flowing out of the city in the morning is pretty mild. It's bad both ways in the afternoon though from people going to do stuff at night downtown and people coming home from work.

Galleria area 610/southwest freeway is incredibly congested too - lots of business there as well. And i guess really dangerous too... as soon as you hit the interchange there is a sign telling you to be safe because there was ~27 deaths since X amount of time

http://www.khou.com/news/TxDOT-singles-out-Houstons-most-dangerous-interchanges-104312284.html

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kiper doing conference call w/media

Kiper says there's a possibility Weeden could have been the first QB taken this year. "There's no QB that screams out, take me."

Wait, why is Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN doing a conference call with other media outlets?

What made him the God of all draft analysis to the point rival media are heeding his opinion?

Don't get me wrong I enjoy reading his mocks but I enjoy reading tons of other mock drafts as well.

But I agree with his opinion this class is pretty weak for QBs but that still won't stop teams from overreaching. Feels good being set at the QB position.

Could never see myself in a truck. I get the poors to do all of the manual labor a truck would be needed for. And I hate people that get trucks when they no practical use for them.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wait, why is Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN doing a conference call with other media outlets?

What made him the God of all draft analysis to the point rival media are heeding his opinion?

Don't get me wrong I enjoy reading his mocks but I enjoy reading tons of other mock drafts as well.

But I agree with his opinion this class is pretty weak for QBs but that still won't stop teams from overreaching. Feels good being set at the QB position.

I like reading mocks that don't cost money. I'm surprised there are that many people who do the Insider thing (not like his mocks don't get leaked anyway).

Galleria area 610/southwest freeway is incredibly congested too - lots of business there as well. And i guess really dangerous too... as soon as you hit the interchange there is a sign telling you to be safe because there was ~27 deaths since X amount of time

http://www.khou.com/news/TxDOT-singles-out-Houstons-most-dangerous-interchanges-104312284.html

I bet the vast majority of Houston traffic deaths are caused by texting and driving or road rage, not alcohol. Probably mostly road rage.

Could never see myself in a truck. I get the poors to do all of the manual labor a truck would be needed for. And I hate people that get trucks when they no practical use for them.

One nice thing about the economy crashing is that people don't drive Hummers to work anymore (the only nice thing). Remember when you'd see H2s everywhere?

MechDX

Lawn care here as well as general moving. My priority is the F150 with Ecoboost. Step dad has one and gets between 24-26 MPG in it.

I forgot you squicken'd over to the Bengals. My bad.

All the Pats fans here live in Yurop

Jacksonville: Its like a whole other country!

I
One nice thing about the economy crashing is that people don't drive Hummers to work anymore (the only nice thing). Remember when you'd see H2s everywhere?

Funny enough: used car lost of FULL of H2's and 3's parked right next to a lot of Smart cars.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I like reading mocks that don't cost money. I'm surprised there are that many people who do the Insider thing (not like his mocks don't get leaked anyway).

Yeah, no way in hell I'm paying for "Insider" considering I already pay for cable, with most of that money going to ESPN (I'm probably going to cancel soon).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
From si's Panthers off season preview:

Stick with the read-option, which was less broken than bogged down by Newton's lack of freedom at the line of scrimmage. The fact that Newton has run and passed for 7,546 yards and 48 touchdowns despite intense restrictions on audibling says volumes about his immense talent. It says even more about coordinator Rob Chudzinski; he went from a play caller who influenced offenses in San Francisco and Washington to a play caller whose offense failed to score more than 14 points in six of the Panthers' first 10 games. Replacing him with quarterbacks coach Mike Shula could be the move that keeps Rivera in Charlotte beyond 2013.

Have fun, Browns.

Bowser

Do you actually read those?

I got a subscription free a few years back and I never read them. I figured it would be good shitter material but I just defaulted to the iPad.

lol no, they're literally just stacked up on my kitchen counter. Need to throw that stack out at some point.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Do you actually read those?

I got a subscription free a few years back and I never read them. I figured it would be good shitter material but I just defaulted to the iPad.

lol no, they're literally just stacked up on my kitchen counter. Need to throw that stack out at some point.

Haha I do the same with the magazines I get from my sports channels.

Also really surprised Canada hasn't tried to adopt the ESPN Insider model. I figure it must be making ESPN enough money to justify keeping it?

Top Bottom