• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Top 5 QB salaries for 2013 for those interested (as per Albert Breer):

T. Brady $21.55M
E. Manning $21.35M
M. Stafford $20.82M
P. Manning $20M
B. Roethlisberger $19.595M.

60734_563553000331301_1797418411_n.png

lol dat rookie contract.

Dragon

Banned
And Stafford's probably a big customer of Papa Johns.

Yeah when considering that, Peyton has to make double since Stafford has to train with pizza anyway. You can't look that good otherwise.

20 mil for Fatsford? There is officially no contract Ozzie could give Joe that would look crazy next to that.

That's true. But Ozzie isn't crazy anyway. I wish the Patriots had him since Belichick doesn't seem to be able to draft defensive backs and Ozzie does.

We're not winning the Super Bowl this year, next year, or the year after that. Cam's a bum and we should be looking to trade him.

The pessimistic thing worked for BLarry , let me try it and see what happens

MechDX

Alright I am getting my profit sharing money from my old job and decided to update the wife's vehicle, 2004 Explorer. It needs some repairs that cost slightly less than what it is worth. We are leaning towards a truck and have narrowed it down to 3 models:

Ford F150- TONS of used stock here. Texas is truly F150 country
RAM 1500- Hard to find the V6 model but they exist and the cool Paul Harvey commercial
Toyota Tundra- harder than the Dodge to find the V6 but dependable

What say you?

I think he was in the front office, I don't think he became GM till after the Ravens won that SB in 2001. Bill was the head coach in the early 90's so I don't know how much overlap there was.

Just looked it up, you're right. Ozzie was a front office executive while Bill was the Browns head coach from 91 to 95. Ozzie became GM in 2002.

squicken

Alright I am getting my profit sharing money from my old job and decided to update the wife's vehicle, 2004 Explorer. It needs some repairs that cost slightly less than what it is worth. We are leaning towards a truck and have narrowed it down to 3 models:

RAM 1500- Hard to find the V6 model but they exist and the cool Paul Harvey commercial

What say you?

So many used F150s. Should be able to find a good deal. I really like the full size Toyotas and Nissans

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

What say you?

I can say this for my '04 Toyota, I've used it for work and racked up 120000+ miles and have never done anything beyond regular/recommended maintenance on it. I'm due for a new one, but can't justify it until this one breaks down at least once.

Bowser

By the way, here's 6-10 on that QB list:

D. Brees $17.4M
P. Rivers $17.1M
T. Romo $16.8M
C. Palmer $15.3M
K. Kolb $13.5M

:jnc

MechDX

So many used F150s. Should be able to find a good deal. I really like the full size Toyotas and Nissans

Yeah. My wife wants the Platinum Edition. JNC...bastards start at 36 grand used. Looking at some XLT's Texas Edition

I can say this for my '04 Toyota, I've used it for work and racked up 120000+ miles and have never done anything beyond regular/recommended maintenance on it. I'm due for a new one, but can't justify it until this one breaks down at least once.

I actually like the Tundra but the V6 models are near impossible to find and the V8 gets pretty shitty gas mileage.

What say you?

If you buy a tundra i'll never let you live it down. I live close enough now to make that a reality!

You've been warned!

squicken

My uncle is an oil filed gauger. Maybe 80k miles a year, a lot of it on bad terrain. New truck every year. Switched to Toyota about 5 years ago after being a Ford guy forever. Really good truck for people who actually need trucks

My uncle is an oil filed gauger. Maybe 80k miles a year, a lot of it on bad terrain. New truck every year. Switched to Toyota about 5 years ago after being a Ford guy forever. Really good truck for people who actually need trucks

Uhm, what?

Tundra is an urban cowboy mobile and nothing else. Toyota actually had to recommend taking the damn tail gate off before loading an ATV in the bed because it would crack the damn thing! Some truck that is. Ford put a handle and step on theirs.

Ford/Chevy/Dodge own work and for good reason. When i was in the military, our fleet was always comprised from the 'big 3'. These vehicles are beat to hell and back, ill maintained, and always keep coming back for more.

Tacos are nice and pretty much the only option if you need a small truck.

EDIT---

If you aren't going to be doing much heavy towing or anything, I'd recommend a 2013 V6 Ram. The new pentastar/8speed is a really nice and efficient combo. 25mpg highway in a full size truck is pretty impressive

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Something tells me that Mech's wife doesn't actually need a truck. I suggest an Escalade.

squicken

Uhm, what?

Tundra is an urban cowboy mobile and nothing else. Toyota actually had to recommend taking the damn tail gate off before loading an ATV in the bed because it would crack the damn thing! Some truck that is. Ford put a handle and step on theirs.

Ford/Chevy/Dodge own work and for good reason. When i was in the military, our fleet was always comprised from the 'big 3'. These vehicles are beat to hell and back, ill maintained, and always keep coming back for more.

Tacos are nice and pretty much the only option if you need a small truck.

All I can say is I have a whole side of the family that beat the shit out of their trucks, and it's Toyota, Nissan, and Ford. They won't touch Dodge or Chevy. They aren't Nascar people siding with their favorite driver. They drive what works and it's those three

MechDX

If you aren't going to be doing much heavy towing or anything, I'd recommend a 2013 V6 Ram. The new pentastar/8speed is a really nice and efficient combo. 25mpg highway in a full size truck is pretty impressive

My Dodge Avenger has the Pentastar V6 in it. lol

All I can say is I have a whole side of the family that beat the shit out of their trucks, and it's Toyota, Nissan, and Ford. They won't touch Dodge or Chevy. They aren't Nascar people siding with their favorite driver. They drive what works and it's those three

That's cool. As long as you know your family is in the minority. Barely anyone buys Tundra's or Titans and even less buy them for work.

For the full year in 2012

Ford/GM/Dodge sold 1,514,176 Full Size Trucks

Toyota/Nissan sold 123,197 Full Size Trucks

it was close!

WedgeX

Banned
I thought DET was trying to re-negotiate that deal to lower the cap hit?

Mayhew currently is, probably a nice long extension. Someone, mlive.com?, was speculating that the Lions cap space after the renegotiation would be 20million. Which would be crazy, since its between 3-5million currently.

What say you?

Support my hometown, get the F150! My dad's was an excellent work truck.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
How cute. People in the flyover states arguing about which hickmobile is the best for getting to and from their local McDonald's and welfare office.

Nobody cares, hillbillies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How cute. People in the flyover states arguing about which hickmobile is the best for getting to and from their local McDonald's and welfare office.

Nobody cares, hillbillies.

Let's not pretend that when people say "flyover states" they aren't also talking about most of New York state as well. Buffalo has more in common with Cleveland than New York City.

The only reason Ben is on the list is because they keep reworking the contract to get under the salary cap, he'll probably be an even bigger hit to the salary cap next season.
Same situation with Eli. They converted part of his salary last season to a bonus (6.5 million IIRC). They will do the same with him again after the draft this season...

Let's not pretend that when people say "flyover states" they aren't also talking about most of New York state as well. Buffalo has more in common with Cleveland than New York City.

Does he actually live in Buffalo? I can't keep track of where everyone in here lives

Christ, isn't there a NASCAR race or some shitty gun show for you to be at? Texas hasn't been relevant since the Alamo, and y'all even fucked that up. Way to be famous for losing, Texas!

I live in the energy capital of the world(self appointed - aka - the Texas way!!)

You might as well be living in a 3rd world country. You should come visit sometime. It's like a trip to the future. You will see all kinds of cool shit your poverty town will get in about a decade or so!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I live in the energy capital of the world(self appointed - aka - the Texas way!!)

You might as well be living in a 3rd world country. You should come visit sometime. It's like a trip to the future. You will see all kinds of cool shit your poverty town will get in about a decade or so!

Yeah, who has ever heard of Los Angeles. What a poverty town!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Something something 6000 yards something something ELITE!

/Kastrioti

Statistics aren't the only reason I consider Stafford elite, but it sure helps. How many 23/24 year old QBs throw for 10,000 yards and 60 TDs along with having probably the strongest arm in the league? Can't think of any in league history.

Stafford will probably renegotiate his contract this year but even if he doesn't I have no problem giving that amount of money to a stud, young QB. As long as Stafford is healthy and leading this Lions team I'll be confident in our success in the future.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah, who has ever heard of Los Angeles. What a poverty town!

Look, you can't insult the characteristics of other states and cities when your team's city has all the same things going for it regardless of where you may actually live. I only grew up in Milwaukee but have lived in Arkansas and now in Texas but I still recognize that insults hurled at Wisconsin are directed at me as well.

Top Bottom