• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

This probably won't help idk, I remember a thread during launch that tells you how to stream video from your Pc to WiiU

I'm already doing that. I was actually going to make a thread on gaming side about using your Wii U as a HTPC but I got sidetracked.

I mean streaming on the fly. *cough*

Matt Schoob is such a fraudulent QB it's not funny. I would love to see him paired up with Mr. Run And Shoot Kevin Gilbride and see the results.

lol they were better than BAL for the entire regular season. There wasn't a single week where you would have said BAL was better

You're right there.

Goddamn Bionic had to be right. Rats fluked up just at the right time.

Deep down I knew the Rats were going to be dangerous when the pulled that fluke checkdown out of their asses against San Diego.

squicken

You're right there.

Goddamn Bionic had to be right. Rats fluked up just at the right time.

Deep down I knew the Rats were going to be dangerous when the pulled that fluke checkdown out of their asses against San Diego.

To me it's why $20m Flacco is so amusing. He checked down on 4th and 29. He's a $12m QB if things go to chalk.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/2/11/3976998/reggie-bush-detroit-lions-rumors

I get a boner thinking about Reggie Bush combined with this offense. Him or Cj Spiller (or even CJ2K) are the type of RBs this type of offense needs.

Bush is perfect for our offense which emphasizes RBs having the speed for quick draw plays or screens out of the backfield. Does not hurt that he can run solid routes out of the backfield and even slot positions. Jahvid Best proved how deadly this could be for opposing defenses before he got hurt.

He should be Mayhews #1 free agent target this offseason with the first 3 picks in the draft being focused on defense.

Keep sleeping on the Lions, it works to our advantage next season.

eznark

Banned
To me it's why $20m Flacco is so amusing. He checked down on 4th and 29. He's a $12m QB if things go to chalk.

All things equal yeah, but looking at the QB landscape, there have been an absolute ton of busts at the "franchise QB draft" level around the league in the last few years. Market is going to skyrocket for QB's because there just isn't much mid-level talent at the position right now so guys like Flacco are suddenly paid like elites.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/2/11/3976998/reggie-bush-detroit-lions-rumors

I get a boner thinking about Reggie Bush combined with this offense. Him or Cj Spiller (or even CJ2K) are the type of RBs this type of offense needs.

Bush is perfect for our offense which emphasizes RBs having the speed for quick draw plays or screens out of the backfield. Does not hurt that he can run solid routes out of the backfield and even slot positions.

He should be Mayhews #1 free agent target this offseason with the first 3 picks in the draft being focused on defense.

No one is sleeping on the lions. Everyone knows what they have and who they are. They aren't a good team

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Bush is perfect for our offense which emphasizes RBs having the speed for quick draw plays or screens out of the backfield. Does not hurt that he can run solid routes out of the backfield and even slot positions.

You never truly leave the shame circle brah. :(

Fox318

If you all just followed my advice and got a Roku, an Android Tablet, and a scale you wouldn't need a guide to use it as a HTPC.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
No one is sleeping on the lions. Everyone knows what they have and who they are. They aren't a good team

We have the key components to a successful team and that starts with Stafford and Megatron on Offense with Suh and Fairley leading the defense.

This is a young team, loaded with talent. You may not like the Lions but you can't deny we have a lot of young talent, combined with high draft picks and cap space.

You never truly leave the shame circle brah. :(

We are destined to leave the shame circle eventually, just like the Browns. If the Cardinals can make a SB and the Saints can win a SB, then god damnit so can the Lions!

In Stafford we trust.

eznark

Banned
$80 for a Roku 2 XS
$100-200 for Tablet
$15 for scale

Still less than a Wii U and there are more games coming out for the Android/Roku combo than Wii U.

Unless you really like Funky Barn.

It's ok, we know why you are so bitter.

FIREMAN_ED.jpg

bionic77

When does Mario and Zedla U come out for the android/Roku combo?
Android fans don't actually pay for software or have friends so it doesn't matter what games it has because they don't buy it anyways. They just spend their time convincing people to buy Android shit for free.

Bush is perfect for our offense which emphasizes RBs having the speed for quick draw plays or screens out of the backfield. Does not hurt that he can run solid routes out of the backfield and even slot positions. Jahvid Best proved how deadly this could be for opposing defenses before he got hurt.

Bush is a decent player and he's above average when it comes to receiving out of the backfield but he has some major weaknesses as well. He'll look great against teams like the Raiders but when he's playing a fast defense that can plug the holes you'll really start to notice his indecisive running style and excessive cuts in the backfield. He's not getting any faster, either.

Fire Emblem is so fucking good
It's got potential to be my favorite game ever. I'm not even joking, I can't stop playing it.

Titans update:

Jim Wyatt @jwyattsports

The #Titans made a contract offer to veteran DL Chris Canty following visit, but he's continuing to explore his options. Has visited KC, too

Not surprised he's getting the most interest. He's still got plenty left in the tank.

Only thing is I kind of feel like I am running out of content. This is the type of game where I wish I could actually grind and just fight random battles.
You can grind though, that's what the Risen Challenges are that pop up on the map from time to time. There is some free DLC that's infinitely replayable as well.

Do FE games have multiplayer?
I think Awakening has some kind of local multiplayer mode but it's definitely not a focus of the game at all.

In some Niners news, Ahmad Brooks salary for 2013 has deescalated.

49ers OLB Ahmad Brooks' 2013 salary has de-escalated from $4.3 million to $2.7 million because he "did not meet certain requirements."

Those "certain requirements" included playing 93.2 percent of the 49ers' defensive snaps, and San Francisco winning 12 games. It's rough stuff for a player who had a big season, notching 47 tackles, 6.5 sacks and an interception. Going on 29, Brooks graded out as the No. 5 3-4 outside linebacker in Pro Football Focus' ratings after being No. 22 a season ago. Brooks is signed through 2017.

eznark

Banned
You can grind though, that's what the Risen Challenges are that pop up on the map from time to time. There is some free DLC that's infinitely replayable as well.

Well they have maps you can DL and play over and over to grind if you wish.

Awesome, didn't realize I could keep playing them again. It's not even that I want to grind, it's that I want to use characters that I probably have no interest in ever really leveling up via the important missions, like fucking Donny.

bionic77

I have been telling you assholes about fire emblem for the past 3 years and no one ever listened.

Nintendo are such fuck faces for not letting me play the OG games on the SNES.

eznark

Banned
I hated the Wii version. I played the DS games though. But they certainly weren't as good as this game for whatever reason.

bionic77

I hated the Wii version. I played the DS games though. But they certainly weren't as good as this game for whatever reason.
GBA games were better than the Wii and DS version (which was a remake of a really old one and thus not as good as the GBA ones).

Awesome, didn't realize I could keep playing them again. It's not even that I want to grind, it's that I want to use characters that I probably have no interest in ever really leveling up via the important missions, like fucking Donny.
Yeah, I hear ya. There are so many characters in this one too. Donny is an absolute god though, once you get him leveled up a bit no one will be able to touch him.

I have been telling you assholes about fire emblem for the past 3 years and no one ever listened.

Nintendo are such fuck faces for not letting me play the OG games on the SNES.
I was always with you on your preaching of the FE gospel. It's been one of my favorite series since 7 on the GBA.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Bush is a decent player and he's above average when it comes to receiving out of the backfield but he has some major weaknesses as well. He'll look great against teams like the Raiders but when he's playing a fast defense that can plug the holes you'll really start to notice his indecisive running style and excessive cuts in the backfield. He's not getting any faster, eithert.

That was with opposing defenses going against a mediocre Dolphins offense.

Against the Lions defenses have to scheme against Megatron and Stafford being able to throw the ball to any receiver on the field in a split second. That frees up Bush and gives him the opportunity to use his speed in open space.

That was with opposing defenses going against a mediocre Dolphins offense.

Against the Lions defenses have to scheme against Megatron and Stafford being able to throw the ball to any receiver on the field in a split second. That frees up Bush and gives him the opportunity to use his speed in open space.
Like with Drew Brees in NO?

I just don't think Bush is cut out to be a good every down back, especially against D's with a good front seven.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Fire Emblem is so fucking good

I picked up my 3DSXL two weeks ago and love the thing. I have not been able to find FE anywhere and I refuse to buy digital downloads.

I'm enjoying the hell out of OOT 3DS but I wish I could play FE . I've seriously been to every Gamestop, Best Buy, Wal Mart etc. with no luck.

At this point I'll be spending my money on other 3DS or DS titles.

I still have yet to beat Chrono Trigger so I have my eyes on the DS port.

squicken

On that iPad, Smith watched every snap of Aaron Rodgers’ season in 2011. Sometimes, Spavital joined him but usually Smith watched the Packers quarterback on his own. The 6-foot-3, 215-pounder began mimicking Rodgers’ play-action tendencies. The Packers and Mountaineers run a handful of similar formations. In the split-back, play-action game, Smith noticed that Rodgers rides a prolonged fake to the running back to protect himself longer in the pocket.

So he started doing the same thing at West Virginia.

Same story with Drew Brees. Smith liked how Brees pump-faked the opposite direction before throwing screen passes to backs, so he picked that habit up, too.

“He studies it,” Spavital said. “With Brandon Weeden, I couldn’t say that about him. I love the guy to death but he had some good guys around him. Brandon knew how to get the ball to those guys. There were times at West Virginia when (Smith) had to create things.”

All three quarterbacks Spavital coached were very different. He said Keenum had the quickest release of the three but didn’t measure up physically. Weeden had the “strongest arm” but also benefited from a strong supporting cast.

Smith was the best overall player. Neither Weeden or Keenum were quite the student of the game, too.

“He could do it all,” Spavital said. “He could be under center. He can throw out of the shotgun. He can throw comebacks. He can pull it and run when he needs to. We got to do some pretty good stuff with Geno because he was such a good student of the game and we could do anything with him. ... He impresses me a lot with the things that he can do — how he operates the game, how he studies. He would actually sit there and bring ideas to the table. There were times when we let him check 80% of the game. We put a lot on him and he’s capable of doing that."

1. Dude sure runs down Weeden

2. lol at Geno not having a supporting cast? Bailey and Austin are shit now?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/190936841.html

Dragon

Banned
I picked up my 3DSXL two weeks ago and love the thing. I have not been able to find FE anywhere and I refuse to buy digital downloads.

I'm enjoying the hell out of OOT 3DS but I wish I could play FE . I've seriously been to every Gamestop, Best Buy, Wal Mart etc. with no luck.

At this point I'll be spending my money on other 3DS or DS titles.

I still have yet to beat Chrono Trigger so I have my eyes on the DS port.

You're making the right choice not buying from the eShop anyway. I own a 3DSXL. I should play the thing.

Top Bottom