• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just following in Fireman Ed's footsteps!

So we've had the Flacco conversation. Here's another interesting one - should Dallas extend Romo?

I think Dallas has a lot of problems and Romo is somewhere way down the list. I'd say he's an upgrade at QB for at least half the teams in the league. So yeah, they'll have to extend him.

MechDX

Updating firmware on my new Onkyo receiver. I remember back the in the day when shit just worked and didn't need all these damn updates!

I think Dallas has a lot of problems and Romo is somewhere way down the list. I'd say he's an upgrade at QB for at least half the teams in the league. So yeah, they'll have to extend him.
How much are you willing to pay? Not that I think he will, but what is Romo worth to you if you were running the organization? Is he signed to current Alex Smith money or is getting Peyton money?

Godslay

Banned
First they take DALE and slap the face of their false idol on it. Now they take the buttfumble. When will they stop robbing us of our heritage and repurposing it for their own cause? When will they cease stripping us of our identity?

We are visionaries brother, we don't look back! The roots of the tree are set.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How much are you willing to pay? Not that I think he will, but what is Romo worth to you if you were running the organization? Is he signed to current Alex Smith money or is getting Peyton money?

As bad as the current QB market is, he's probably worth 15 million a year right now if he could walk.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't get Romo. Whenever I watch him it seems like he's got all the tools. Then immediately after thinking that he does something monumentally stupid.

I think that Dallas should put the reins on him a bit. Better qb than most, just locks up in the biggest moments. Let him be a game manager and see what happens. I'm guessing he's worth in the 12-14 million range, so he'll be signed to a 22 million/year contract...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think that Dallas should put the reins on him a bit. Better qb than most, just locks up in the biggest moments. Let him be a game manager and see what happens. I'm guessing he's worth in the 12-14 million range, so he'll be signed to a 22 million/year contract...

He's also throwing the ball far too often. I'm not sure how much that has to do with playing from behind and trying to win but when you get to about 650 attempts a season, something is off.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
He's also throwing the ball far too often. I'm not sure how much that has to do with playing from behind and trying to win but when you get to about 650 attempts a season, something is off.

I thought that was implied with game manager.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I thought that was implied with game manager.

Not really, I wouldn't call Rodgers a game manager and he threw for 550. Your boy threw for 450 in 13 games. When I think "game manager" I think Alex Smith, RG3, or Russell Wilson when you're throwing under 400 attempts a season. Granted RG3 and Wilson were rookies and will run it so they probably won't be managed as often next season (or in 2015 or whenever RG3 comes back).

Ænima

Yeah I love shitting on Romo as much as anybody but the guy gets absolutely no help from his running game, o-line, or defense.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Not really, I wouldn't call Rodgers a game manager and he threw for 550. Your boy threw for 450 in 13 games. When I think "game manager" I think Alex Smith, RG3, or Russell Wilson when you're throwing under 400 attempts a season. Granted RG3 and Wilson were rookies and will run it so they probably won't be managed as often next season (or in 2015 or whenever RG3 comes back).

Right. I said " Let him be a game manager and see what happens." As in, take away some of his pass attempts and turn them into run attempts.

I really hope that the Cowboys extend Romo. I dont think they will though. I think they will let him play the year out like the Ravens did with Flacco, knowing that they can tag him after the season if he actually does something. Listening to Jerry at the end of the season he sounded like a guy at the end of his rope with both his HC and QB.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Right. I said " Let him be a game manager and see what happens." As in, take away some of his pass attempts and turn them into run attempts.

I guess in my mind "game manager" has a connotation reserved for the likes of Alex Smith and Trent Dilfer who shouldn't throw it more than 400 times a season. Obviously there should be a more balanced play selection for Romo. I'm fine with him throwing 500+ times a season, just not well into the 600s.

Rorschach

I really hope that the Cowboys extend Romo. I dont think they will though. I think they will let him play the year out like the Ravens did with Flacco, knowing that they can tag him after the season if he actually does something. Listening to Jerry at the end of the season he sounded like a guy at the end of his rope with both his HC and QB.

Maybe if they let him go, you can go Cowboys fan like how Dark Faze went Redskins fan.

Slo

Slo, will you be my Valentine? I'm lonely and easy.

I'm game, but I want to be able to date other people too. Like your sister.

Careful, you may get an stdf.

Sexually transmitted dumpster fire.

iceman.gif

Bowser

Does the Mac OS have a serial number tied to it?

You mean like a product key? No, it doesn't. You can use the one disk you have and install it on multiple machines. Although it's sort of moot now because the last few OS updates have been digitally distributed through the App Store and I believe Apple has ceased making physical OS discs.

Fuck, man. The XFL would be awesome if it started next week.

I think the XFL would survive today, Vince launched it a decade too early, and if he had just promoted it as another football league it probably wouldn't have died, after the first game i never watched a single game afterwards...

mr2xxx

Banned
You mean like a product key? No, it doesn't. You can use the one disk you have and install it on multiple machines. Although it's sort of moot now because the last few OS updates have been digitally distributed through the App Store and I believe Apple has ceased making physical OS discs.

Ok thanks, I'm gonna install a SSD in my sisters computer and get a disk from a friend since their is no product key.

I think the XFL would survive today, Vince launched it a decade too early, and if he had just promoted it as another football league it probably wouldn't have died, after the first game i never watched a single game afterwards...

I left the TV on so it could get ratings. Never actually watched it after the first game either.

Top Bottom